Bears sign Hill to offer sheet (Update: Saints match it)

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's no way they don't draft a d-lineman at some point to add to the rotation.

Keep in mind that most of the time, there are only two down lineman on the field. So assuming Goldman and Hicks get the most snaps, Unrein plays in base/run defense and Ego and whoever rotates. I'd assume a 5 technique will be drafted in the first 3 round. And don't be surprised if one of the lesser talked about players end up being major contributers given Fangio and Fox's track record of making mid and late round unknowns into good players.

Oh I also expect a relatively high pick at DE. Just saying that as the roster stands today Ego is probably their projected starter. Or they project Sutton to start at NT and Goldman and Hicks on the ends.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Just read on Bears site that the Saints have until Sunday to match the offer!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just read on Bears site that the Saints have until Sunday to match the offer!

this is correct...5 days from the offer sheet. If Saints don't do it today, probably will be a Bear.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Any news on hill yet? what is the deadline for the saints to match?

12 catches per year....

With Graham gone and one of the most prolific passers in the NFL, in a system that features a pass-catching TE, he did nothing.

Are we really wondering if the Saints will match a 7.5 million dollar contract for a special team player?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
12 catches per year....

With Graham gone and one of the most prolific passers in the NFL, in a system that features a pass-catching TE, he did nothing.

Are we really wondering if the Saints will match a 7.5 million dollar contract for a special team player?

Instead of trying to be constantly contrarian...why don't you accept the fact that he is being signed as a good blocking tight end, special teamer and not something he is not. He is a large endzone target as reflected by his stats and a blocking/special teams tight end. He is not an every down TE.

"This Josh Hill is another player that I love. I love," Saints coach Sean Payton said last March. "Josh Hill is a player that we value a lot. He's not on anyone's fantasy first three rounds, I promise you. But he's a real good tight end. He's versatile in the running game, in the receiving game, as a special-teams player.

And yes there is a chance he will be re-signed by the Saints......You post as if you don't know shit about football. I know you are trolling a bit, but at least act like you have some understanding.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
12 catches per year....

If the Broncos match the offer, will you use that as a negative during your next rant?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Instead of trying to be constantly contrarian...why don't you accept the fact that he is being signed as a good blocking tight end, special teamer and not something he is not. He is a large endzone target as reflected by his stats and a blocking/special teams tight end. He is not an every down TE.

"This Josh Hill is another player that I love. I love," Saints coach Sean Payton said last March. "Josh Hill is a player that we value a lot. He's not on anyone's fantasy first three rounds, I promise you. But he's a real good tight end. He's versatile in the running game, in the receiving game, as a special-teams player.

And yes there is a chance he will be re-signed by the Saints......You post as if you don't know shit about football. I know you are trolling a bit, but at least act like you have some understanding.

Remember Matt Speith? That was a true blocking TE. Almost to the point of being a tackle.

People can't see TE and then look at catches without understanding the role. Now if Jimmy Graham had 12 catches, yes that would be a big deal.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
12 catches per year....

Sean Payton is on record as saying he'd like him back if possible.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Instead of trying to be constantly contrarian...why don't you accept the fact that he is being signed as a good blocking tight end, s

Sorry, he was drafted as a route-running, pass-catching TE, not a blocking TE. And was given the chance to step up to do that when Graham was traded last year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's why they went out in the off-season and signed Coby Fleener and haven't matched the offer sheet yet....

He's not a number one tight end. Only your dumb ass seems to think we are expecting him to be one.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He's not a number one tight end. Only your dumb ass seems to think we are expecting him to be one.

Clearly, that's been my point. Im not expecting him to be... No one except you morons are happy about spending 3+ million on a 12-catch per season pass-catching TE.

No, my expectations are really low for a guy who had every opportunity to replace Grahams production and failed. Just like I'm not expecting Zack Miller to make it through the season uninjured.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Clearly, that's been my point. Im not expecting him to be... No one except you morons are happy about spending 3+ million on a 12-catch per season pass-catching TE.

No, my expectations are really low for a guy who had every opportunity to replace Grahams production and failed. Just like I'm not expecting Zack Miller to make it through the season uninjured.

You obviously haven't paid any attention to what TEs are signing for this offseason.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
12 catches per year....

Have read that the Saints have no plans to let him walk and they'll do what it takes to keep him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have read that the Saints have no plans to let him walk and they'll do what it takes to keep him.

Then Mongo can complain that the Bears are cheap and should have spent more to sign him. It's a win win for him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
From some of the descriptions I'm hearing from the posters in this thread, it sounds like the Bears signed another Dez Clark, and I'd be okay with that.

Liked Posts:
I would really like this signing if it materializes for the Bears & the Saints refuse to match.