Bears sign Hill to offer sheet (Update: Saints match it)

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Really, because I've read they signed Fleener to a massive contract, picked up Lauranitus whose contract put them at less cap space, as it stands right now, than it would take to match.

Oh, and still have the draft and their picks to sign.

You don't say....

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this helps Saints not match our offer....

#Patriots will be out on DT Nick Fairley, an indication he's expected to sign with #Saints. Should be a huge addition to their defense

I'm not sure how signing a fat, lazy rotational DT is a huge addition for anyone's defense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Maybe he had reservations about Cutler....and the Saints came in for the kill shot

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Really, because I've read they signed Fleener to a massive contract, picked up Lauranitus whose contract put them at less cap space, as it stands right now, than it would take to match.

Oh, and still have the draft and their picks to sign.

Apology accepted bro. But tell us more of your wisdom!

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how signing a fat, lazy rotational DT is a huge addition for anyone's defense.

I love it when people use one good game against the Bears plus draft hype to form an opinion about his career to this point. Fairley quit a while ago.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cool... Pretty much what I've been saying. So why the fuck are you so happy about paying a #3 TE / ST'er 3+ million?
Well are you happy now? The Bears missed out on Hill as their $4.5+M/Yr 4th string TE. Who are the going to get to back up Zach, The Paper Mache $6.5M/yr TE , Miller?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love it when people use one good game against the Bears plus draft hype to form an opinion about his career to this point. Fairley quit a while ago.

Did you do something similar with J. Webb? Was there one preseason game when he didn't shit the bed and decided to make bold proclamations until you were blue in the face?

Inquiring minds want to know...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Bring back Kellen "I can replace Greg Olsen" Davis!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Well are you happy now? The Bears missed out on Hill as their $4.5+M/Yr 4th string TE. Who are the going to get to back up Zach, The Paper Mache $6.5M/yr TE , Miller?

Why wouldn't I be happy?

I think the only think that sucks about us dodging this bullet is that it exposed Pace as a guy who will spend too much on tier 3 talent.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why wouldn't I be happy?

I think the only think that sucks about us dodging this bullet is that it exposed Pace as a guy who will spend too much on tier 3 talent.
It seems all those that know Hill best, value him more than your keen eye for talent does.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems all those that know Hill best, value him more than your keen eye for talent does.

Hey, you can't argue with Mongo. He is trying to have a civil football conversation. He's also trying to share his vast football knowledge. I haven't seen anyone know so much since Gatorland Mike... RIP.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

You mean the Saints and our genius Gm who came from the Saints?

Here's an idea, how about we keep the TE who was under contract and can catch 90/900?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You mean the Saints and our genius Gm who came from the Saints?

Here's an idea, how about we keep the TE who was under contract and can catch 90/900?
Probably because he didn't even have 1/2 that production the following year largely because of his pissing and moaning and refusal to prepare himself both physically and mentally, like a professional. Just a guess.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I vote we fire Pace and hire Mongo. Clearly he knows more than NFL executives with Super Bowl rings...