Bears sign Hill to offer sheet (Update: Saints match it)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, he was drafted as a route-running, pass-catching TE, not a blocking TE. And was given the chance to step up to do that when Graham was traded last year.

He wasn't drafted. He was signed as an undrafted free agent....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Have read that the Saints have no plans to let him walk and they'll do what it takes to keep him.

Really, because I've read they signed Fleener to a massive contract, picked up Lauranitus whose contract put them at less cap space, as it stands right now, than it would take to match.

Oh, and still have the draft and their picks to sign.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
and they had Ben Watson as their TE last year...he was the pass catching tight end not Hill.

You are a bit full of shit here....

He wasn't draft and how the fuck do you know why the Saints brought him on.....stop trolling this one....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
and they had Ben Watson as their TE last year...he was the pass catching tight end not Hill.
He was their pass-catching TE because couldn't step up. Can you not read?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If this dude doesn't get matched by the Saints, he is going to be our number 2, maybe even number 3 TE.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If this dude doesn't get matched by the Saints, he is going to be our number 2, maybe even number 3 TE.

Cool... Pretty much what I've been saying. So why the fuck are you so happy about paying a #3 TE / ST'er 3+ million?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cool... Pretty much what I've been saying. So why the fuck are you so happy about paying a #3 TE / ST'er 3+ million?

1. It's not my money
2. They saved 5 million with Bennett
3. Backup TEs are getting similar money
4. The Bears have the money to spend

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was their pass-catching TE because couldn't step up. Can you not read?

I can read just fine....they didn't ask him to step up. His targets were the same. He was a special teams standout that can block with occasional redzone targets. That is what the Saints had him for and that is what we are using him for....can you not understand? He will be our number 2 like he was on the Saints. They had Ben Watson for 3 years...two of them as the backup to Graham....

Hill's value is as a special teamer and blocker...not pass catching....

again put down the troll mentality for a second........and if you're not trolling your just football stupid.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

yes...we have the money and we need desperate to improve our special teams....money well spent.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

Are you confused?

The Bears offered a 3 year deal with 3.25m gtd. It's worth up to 7.5m which means even if he reaches all his escalators in the contract he'd be making at maximum 2.5m a year. I believe the contract was actually 3 year ~5m which is around 1.6m a year.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this helps Saints not match our offer....

#Patriots will be out on DT Nick Fairley, an indication he's expected to sign with #Saints. Should be a huge addition to their defense

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully this helps Saints not match our offer....

#Patriots will be out on DT Nick Fairley, an indication he's expected to sign with #Saints. Should be a huge part-time addition to their defense

fify

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you confused?

The Bears offered a 3 year deal with 3.25m gtd. It's worth up to 7.5m which means even if he reaches all his escalators in the contract he'd be making at maximum 2.5m a year. I believe the contract was actually 3 year ~5m which is around 1.6m a year.

Mongo is very confused....and angry.

#messageboardgold

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 35s35 seconds ago
Saints announce they matched Chicago’s offer sheet for RFA TE Josh Hill. Hill stays put.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
yep, No Josh Hill for the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know how the Saints continue to spend money. They also signed LB Robertson.

More cap hell.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
Bullshit, how could they match? Wtf is going on, we needed him

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cool, can the bears snag Hunter @ 41 now? Or will you all meltdown?

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Saints organization are pieces of shit! F Sean Payton, F Loomis ....They only matched cause it was Pace trying to pull him....