Bears sign purchase agreement for Arlington Park

Bust

Liked Posts:
Arlington could become the mecca goto place!

There was talk of adding a baseball stadium that would be the home to 5 or so minor league teams. Foot traffic year round. Then schedule horse racing to check out after games next door? OMFG!

WOW!

Holy cow overhead cam is nice~! That dude came from way back #woah

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
And how are those powerful White Sox doing? You know....the ones that were supposed to dominate the American league central. Safer for WS fans just to keep quiet about right now.
Whatever that had to do with my point I would like to know, boomer.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And how are those powerful White Sox doing? You know....the ones that were supposed to dominate the American league central. Safer for WS fans just to keep quiet about right now.
I never read that the White Sox were supposed to dominate baseball at all.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it is amusing watching White Sox fans I know talk shit about the Cubs. I don't watch baseball, but they look to be equal shit to me as of this season.

Chicago sports in general, outside maybe the Fire (???) suck a lot

Liked Posts:
We can't expect people from the suburbs to have taste. Just like we can't expect them to walk to get groceries or appreciate something that isn't delivered in the most sterilized homogenous chain format.
At least we can walk to get groceries without out getting shot!

Liked Posts:
Suburbanite cope if I've ever seen it. Just admit man. Aside from some John Hughes movies the Chicago suburbs have contributed basically nothing to the city's prestige and place in the world.

When people think Chicago they don't think sprawling strip malls. They don't conjure images of Arlington Heights or some other far flung backwater.
Nah.......When people think of Chicago the think about all the killings.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I understand if the team made a big move like St Louis to LA or even Oakland to Vegas to give up rooting for them. But moving 40 minutes away and staying in the same metropolitan area isn't a big deal.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand if the team made a big move like St Louis to LA or even Oakland to Vegas to give up rooting for them. But moving 40 minutes away and staying in the same metropolitan area isn't a big deal.
The Bear know there's nothing to worry about. More seats will be filled. :) It will be a much better experience for fans once opened and getting to it. in and out will be also be much easier for most fans. Here's how the fans actually feel.

Cor Strategies, which is a political solutions company located just northwest of Arlington Heights in Inverness, recently commissioned an internal poll to check the pulse of people around the Chicagoland area on the possibility of the Bears moving to Arlington Heights.

Chicago_Bears_Relocation_Survey_Graphic_Final.jpg
As you can see, the results in that infographic show that 66% of Chicagoland residents favor the move, while only 23% are against it.

Here’s how the percentages broke down of the more than 1,000 people surveyed.

• Strongly Support - 50%
  • Somewhat Support - 16%
  • Somewhat Oppose - 7%
  • Strongly Oppose - 15%
  • Unsure - 11%
And for those wondering, Collin Corbett, a Founding Visionary of Cor Strategies, said the poll went out to “everyone but Packers fans, because no one cares what they think.”

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Where they play matters to me because of the travel time home mostly. They are roughly 35 miles from me now. Add 45 miles to Arlington and it’s gonna make me think about whether I keep my season tickets or not. Getting there will be a breeze….coming home is gonna suck.
I mean, that's totally fair. That's a long drive to make from where you are. But even if you give up your season tickets, I'm assuming you'll still watch from home and continue to be a fan? I can't wrap my head around people who would ditch a franchise after decades of support because they moved to a new stadium in the burbs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Location. That's it.
But even that is silly. Is there a Bar or Restaurant within a mile walk? Are you going to drive to another parking facility for a kind of nearby place? The venue is the venue but it offers nothing else except a shorter timed drive for a minority of fans.

PARKING.png

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But even that is silly. Is there a Bar or Restaurant within a mile walk? Are you going to drive to another parking facility for a kind of nearby place? The venue is the venue but it offers nothing else except a shorter timed drive for a minority of fans.

View attachment 22144
I was thinking more from an out-of-towner perspective. I don't make it up there much, but when I do it's nice to stay downtown, do that whole thing and catch a Bears game. I don't exactly see myself getting a hotel in Arlington Heights and hanging out there for an entire weekend.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was thinking more from an out-of-towner perspective. I don't make it up there much, but when I do it's nice to stay downtown, do that whole thing and catch a Bears game. I don't exactly see myself getting a hotel in Arlington Heights and hanging out there for an entire weekend.
Makes sense if you want to cab/uber it around but it's not really the demographic the concerns the Bear. One of the biggest reasons the bear decided to move is the City outright refusing to have betting/entertainment/dining allowed nearby on the lakefront. Of course, now that the Bear are leaving, the city rolls out some bullshit to save face. City thought they had a monopoly on the Bear and played a very poor hand.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Makes sense if you want to cab/uber it around but it's not really the demographic the concerns the Bear. One of the biggest reasons the bear decided to move is the City outright refusing to have betting/entertainment/dining allowed nearby on the lakefront. Of course, now that the Bear are leaving, the city rolls out some bullshit to save face. City thought they had a monopoly on the Bear and played a very poor hand.
Oh, I 100% get it. And I agree it's the right move. I'll just have to figure out transportation to get out there and back from the city whenever this happens.

Bust

Liked Posts:
!!!WOW!!!

<keep the racetrack boyz>

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The city dropped the ball they should have sold soldier field and whatever properties around it to the bears for a $1. They could have gotten rid of one more thing to manage they have no business managing and also kept a good tax generator. In the grand scheme of things doesn’t bother me one way or the other where they are building. It just sucks allot of these big cities are run by dopes until they sink the ship.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I mean, that's totally fair. That's a long drive to make from where you are. But even if you give up your season tickets, I'm assuming you'll still watch from home and continue to be a fan? I can't wrap my head around people who would ditch a franchise after decades of support because they moved to a new stadium in the burbs.
I’m definitely going to be a Bears fan the rest of my life. With my 2nd retirement coming up it may change the way I feel about going to Arlington. Also I’m anxious to find out if they are going to charge me again for a PLS.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m definitely going to be a Bears fan the rest of my life. With my 2nd retirement coming up it may change the way I feel about going to Arlington. Also I’m anxious to find out if they are going to charge me again for a PLS.
Narrator: They will