Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe stick with just the t...Rump hate and enjoy some football.
Fuck that, he is just a orange faced moron.
We may head down to Indy for the game Saturday and I want to see some players!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Have fun and watch out for speed traps.
Isn't Luck out?
Yeah, and now tickets are a dime a dozen, the only reason we are thinking about going. Indy looked empty last week .

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeah... I didn’t see him as Howard’s backup either. More of a change of pace guy.
I’d say Montgomery is what you get if you put Cohen and Howard together. He’s everything Nagy wants in a RB. According to Jim Miller he already knows the route tree and has better hands than Cohen. He had the best hands on Iowa St.

I’ve been all in on this kid since before the draft. I may look foolish come the regular season, but here’s my #calledit for the first game of the season... Monty puts on a show against GB similar Kareem Hunt’s first game against the Patriots. I’m not saying he’ll have as many yards, but it will be that kind of impact.

(Sorry, didn’t mean to go off topic from OP)
woah WOAH.. better hands.. doing a back flip tho???

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s here to take carries in the preseason

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Caldwell 4.7 forty, shaheen 4.79

Nall 4.58

Whyte 4.37......I agree with poster above who says Whyte has no wiggle or shake n bake....

that being said if I had the ball on the 1 and needed a TD i'm sending Nall or Caldwell

just watched some Whyte highlights and he's pretty elusive, he may need some time to adjust ...maybe they're using Caldwell to push Whyte and test him

jive

Liked Posts:
Slow, with average athletic ability at best, and average production at Division II level. Supposedly he could catch and pass block, but it's at Div II level. Practice squad at best, if he can beat out Nall. More likely there to take preseason carries from Mizzell. They coaching staff has had plenty of time to evaluate Mizzell, and he's good as gone.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and project Caldwell to be the Bears starter and bell-cow RB.

For the last preseason game....

Caldwell is most likely a camp body brought in late to soak up RB minutes for the remaining two preseason games. I suspect Pace has decided on his four RBs for the 53 (Whyte likely being #4), and now its basically an issue of keeping them healthy for the regular season. Caldwell is here to help out with that.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, once we drafted Monty, I stopped presuming that his spot was secure. I would want the goal to be Cohen as a gadget player and home run threat, and develop Montgomery as our primary runner. The next goal would be to find a primary backup for both types of backs. Whyte has the athleticism to back up Cohen, and it will be between Davis and Ball (and now Caldwell) to fight for the spot behind Montgomery.

What's the real penalty if we cut Davis? A few dollars down the drain? If an other back had better potential for the offense than Davis, then I'm not going to complain for it. At most he only affects our salary cap for one year.

you really think the bears going to carry 4 rbs?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simply a body for the next 2 preseason snaps so our real RBs don't have to take the hits. Nothing more or less.

Nagy & Pace were probably even honest with him upfront:
"We're going to give you some prime carries to make good tape and find a team to stick with".

If I was a fly on the wall that could understand English and type what I witnessed on a Bears message board this would be it.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
We're keeping at least 4 rb's and this guy isnt one of them.

He'll team up with Tyler Bray in game 4 for 60 minutes of action. If he sniffs anything remotely worth potential he'll be cut and resigned to the practice squad.

Nothing to see here.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I kinda doubt they cut Davis....why go out into free agency to get this guy if you thought you would just cut him.

Maybe he can kick field goals?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clifton Duck could catch him.
Maybe he can play ST coach.

Last edited:

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
Simply a body for the next 2 preseason snaps so our real RBs don't have to take the hits. Nothing more or less.

Nagy & Pace were probably even honest with him upfront:
"We're going to give you some prime carries to make good tape and find a team to stick with".

If I was a fly on the wall that could understand English and type what I witness on a Bears message board this would be it.

Exactly, its like when Chicago signed Robert Hughes (a similarly slow, ND RB) for a few preseason games and he balled out against the Browns. He later caught on as a FB for Arizona for a few years. The churn continues....

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
you really think the bears going to carry 4 rbs?
I have little doubt in my mind that we carry 4. Pace wouldn't have drafted 2 RBs if that wasn't a distinct possibility.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
agreed with others that the 4 are already locked, cohen, montgomery, davis and whyte...whyte showed off his speed and ability in the return game and on offense...nall doesn't bring anything exciting to the table. As for why davis wouldn't be cut...imo nagy is loving the versatility this group has and also it should keep everyone fresh for the post season.

imo nall and mizell should not even be a part of the practice squad, i just dont see enough upside in either one

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm going to go out on a limb here and project Caldwell to be the Bears starter and bell-cow RB.

For the last preseason game....

Caldwell is most likely a camp body brought in late to soak up RB minutes for the remaining two preseason games. I suspect Pace has decided on his four RBs for the 53 (Whyte likely being #4), and now its basically an issue of keeping them healthy for the regular season. Caldwell is here to help out with that.

The Broncos lost N.Fant (their TE who was their #1 pick) and D.Lock in last nights game and pretty sure there was a couple more injuries. Now don't know how serious any injury was but Fant hopped off the field putting no pressure on his foot/leg. Just saying that even though i would of liked to see some minutes from our starters that maybe Nagy is right by not playing them. Anyone heard if he's already said if any starters will get any minutes in game 3 or not? Probably not.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
agreed with others that the 4 are already locked, cohen, montgomery, davis and whyte...whyte showed off his speed and ability in the return game and on offense...nall doesn't bring anything exciting to the table. As for why davis wouldn't be cut...imo nagy is loving the versatility this group has and also it should keep everyone fresh for the post season.

imo nall and mizell should not even be a part of the practice squad, i just dont see enough upside in either one

How can you say Nall doesn't bring anything to this team? I get that it seems like there's nothing he's great at but there's many things that he's good at. I think he should be used at TE for us more especially if Burton and Shaheen can't stay healthy and keep their heads right. I know he doesn't have the typical size of a TE but he's not that much shorter and lighter then Burton is and he catches the ball really well and can turn and run with it well to. He can play RB, FB as well and he's good on ST.

Pretty sure we all liked Nall last year but were good with him going to the PS but he looks as good or better so far this year. If used right he could be a good weapon for us. the big question is do we have a player to spare that we could have Nall take his spot on the 53.