Bears sign RB Josh Caldwell

greg23

Liked Posts:
Caldwell didn't do a damn thing last night to justify signing him imo.

You realize he was signed to carry the ball in week 4 as they guys who will be cut (37 of them) will get most of the action that game?

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Nall clearly passed his audition for the Patriots. The Vanilla Thrilla coming to Bean Town soon.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Caldwell is here to just take some carries so Davis, Cohen, and Montgomery aren't being rolled up on by guys that will be unemployed in a week.

baredown

Liked Posts:
pretty interesting reading this thread while watching the Vikes game, the vikes announcers were basically saying they're keeping 3 rb's and may have to lose their draft pick henderson to practice squad...while we're on here sweating nall and whyte...part of me thinks...eh...what's the diff nagy's going to abandon the run anyway

De’Angelo Henderson wasn’t a draft pick of the Vikings. They signed him after the Jets cut him in mid-training camp. Think of him as the Vikings version of Caldwell. I suspect you’re confusing him with Darnell Henderson, 3rd round pick of the Rams in this year’s draft.

And not sure where the Nagy-abandoning-the-run sentiment comes from. The Bears spent the off-season completely rebuilding their RB situation. They jettisoned everyone but Cohen from last year’s roster. They spent 2/5 of their draft on RBs, including trading up for one of them. And one of their major FA acquisitions was a RB. That doesn’t sound like a “Yeah, whatever...” attitude toward running the ball.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How can you say Nall doesn't bring anything to this team? I get that it seems like there's nothing he's great at but there's many things that he's good at. I think he should be used at TE for us more especially if Burton and Shaheen can't stay healthy and keep their heads right. I know he doesn't have the typical size of a TE but he's not that much shorter and lighter then Burton is and he catches the ball really well and can turn and run with it well to. He can play RB, FB as well and he's good on ST.

Pretty sure we all liked Nall last year but were good with him going to the PS but he looks as good or better so far this year. If used right he could be a good weapon for us. the big question is do we have a player to spare that we could have Nall take his spot on the 53.

Ahem....Ahem

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
And not sure where the Nagy-abandoning-the-run sentiment comes from. The Bears spent the off-season completely rebuilding their RB situation. They jettisoned everyone but Cohen from last year’s roster. They spent 2/5 of their draft on RBs, including trading up for one of them. And one of their major FA acquisitions was a RB. That doesn’t sound like a “Yeah, whatever...” attitude toward running the ball.

not a sentiment...fact

Chiefs vs Titans
16 rushing attempts total averaging 4.3 yards per carry
33 passing attempts

Eagles vs. Bears
18 rushing attempts total averaging 3.6 yards per carry
43 passing attempts