Bears to select Derwin James, S, Florida State per website

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Was reading a website called walter football and looks like they say the bears to draft Derwin James, S, Florida State

Here are their notes:

"As we saw in the opening-week loss to the Falcons, the Bears have some pretty severe safety problems. I like Austin Hooper, but there's no way he should ever be scoring 88-yard touchdowns against anyone.

Derwin James has missed some time in 2016 with a knee injury, but he's a monstrous safety (6-3, 211) who happens to be a terrific athlete. He's still projected to be a top-10 pick. "

I disagree with this pick. Our number 1 need in WR

Take Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Actually would be amazing addition to the defense.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Derwin James is good, but Ridley from Alabama is the pick as of now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Derwin James is good, but Ridley from Alabama is the pick as of now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not sure if that is a value pick at draft position 6. I would not be opposed to a trade down to 10 and a selection of Ridley.

With the browns having two first round picks, we need to to start winning games

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey Pete, welcome to the website!

I like the idea of Derwin James, but as they say, don't count your chickens before they split.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Currently more overrated than Jabrill Peppers coming out of college.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thanks! Yeah, good point. The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.

Couldn't have said it better myself friend. Also, don't let the naysayers around here get you down. A ton of dark cloud-types roam these boards.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Safety going 1st overall? Never gonna happen.

Really. This is probably going to be a top 5 pick and they're taking a safety with it. No fucking way.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't care who the Bears draft, just make sure they're injury prone. We don't want anyone actually playing on the field consistently around here and fucking up the tank job.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Remember, these mock drafts are usually updated every week, so they have to make changes so it's not the same week after week. With seven months to go before the 2018 draft, you can expect many different players to be penciled in as the Bears draft pick.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Remember, these mock drafts are usually updated every week, so they have to make changes so it's not the same week after week. With seven months to go before the 2018 draft, you can expect many different players to be penciled in as the Bears draft pick.

Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.

Great point. Usually I miss the first 8 weeks of games because of refereeing. Well, I took a step back and at the least I get to watch games earlier this season!

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
James is certainly talented but Pace has shown to take his DBs in the mid rounds. I'd personally take Key, Kirk or Ridley at this point. As bad as Demps is, the WR position is worse and OLB carries more value IMO.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
If they have a top 5 pick they are trading out for extra picks.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
James is certainly talented but Pace has shown to take his DBs in the mid rounds. I'd personally take Key, Kirk or Ridley at this point. As bad as Demps is, the WR position is worse and OLB carries more value IMO.
At some point he will be forced to add some real legit talent on the backend. The mid round scrapheap hasn't fared well thus far.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
James would be a good fit around 10 ,but it's possible we have the 1st or 2nd pick and then I say go Darnold or Rosen. They are elite pedigree QBs that rarely happens in the Draft. The Bears need QB's by far the most important position in the NFL.

Trubs is gonna get a few games this season but if he looks bad against actual NFL competition, this might have to be an option for Pace.