Bears to select Derwin James, S, Florida State per website

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I almost 100% agree with Nate Dogg except uncles a miracle happens Glennon has absolutely 0 trade value, he will be cut. I think unless Trubs is lights out you have to take Rosen or Darnold they are rated as elite prospects. I would say also that Guard would be a good position to address in the Later rounds Sitton is getting old and Long looks injury prone lately. With the Bears injury problems I think they would be best to cut ties with the constantly injured and underproductive- put Mcphee, Z. Miller, K.White, K. Fuller, and pretty much everyone on the secondary on the trade block and, try to stack picks up, even if they are 2019 picks.
Those two QB prospects haven't been picked apart yet in analysis. They will and I Guarantee they both will not be as Elite as first thought of.

If the bears do indeed hold one of the top draft picks, the move is to trade down with a QB starved team a compile a ton of draft picks to speed up the rebuilding process.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Those two QB prospects haven't been picked apart yet in analysis. They will and I Guarantee they both will not be as Elite as first thought of.

If the bears do indeed hold one of the top draft picks, the move is to trade down with a QB starved team a compile a ton of draft picks to speed up the rebuilding process.

Not sure what you are guaranteeing in this comment.

Trubuisky will be elite? Glennon would be elite with a guard?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Not sure what you are guaranteeing in this comment.

Trubuisky will be elite? Glennon would be elite with a guard?

Wat? He keeps mentioning Rosen and Darnold as "Elite prospects". As if to say, the bears cannot pass up the opportunity to draft one of them (even though they already drafted Trubisky) because they are that good.

My Gauretee is that neither will be regarded as a can't-miss prospect by the end of the process. Very few are. Winston and Mariota were better pro prospects than these two.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allen Robinson
A.Jeffery
S.Watkins
T.Pryor
D.Adams
M.Bryant
J.Landry
D.Moncrief
L.Fitzgerald--too old

Your right that is a decent crop....BUT...problem is NOBODY WANTS TO COME TO BEARS lol....we saw that last year...just nothing attractive about coming here right now or probably next year. Young up and coming QB...maybe...but what else? Probably new coaching staff....so only thing might be major league overpaying somebody

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your right that is a decent crop....BUT...problem is NOBODY WANTS TO COME TO BEARS lol....we saw that last year...just nothing attractive about coming here right now or probably next year. Young up and coming QB...maybe...but what else? Probably new coaching staff....so only thing might be major league overpaying somebody

Dickerson talked about this yesterday. This is why it is important to play Trubisky so that WRs want to come here in the offseason.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Two of the guys on that list are suspension candidates every year. Pace won't touch them. Watkins is Kevin White. Jeffery isn't coming back to Chicago. Jags will tag Robinson. Adams is not very good, he plays with Rodgers so everyone looks good there. I see one guy that might truly be available that is Landry.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm not buying the "nobody wants to come to the Bears" argument, if serious. Money talks. Money and time are undefeated as they say on NFL radio. With a new QB and a new coaching staff Chicago will be a fine place to land. The other part of the argument is that Chicago is a world renown town. Great night life, bars, restaurants, major, music, museums, a great metropolitan area. Winters suck but they suck in a lot of NFL towns.

I think the Bears go o-line, d-line or edge rusher first, the safety prediction is likely wrong although the guy is a beast, and get at least one WR in FA and get a WR in the second and another later. Cam M.'s health may alter their WR plans somewhat though I doubt they are counting on him. And of course, I am sure, by now, they aren't counting on White.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think the Bears go o-line, d-line or edge rusher first, the safety prediction is likely wrong although the guy is a beast, and get at least one WR in FA and get a WR in the second and another later. Cam M.'s health may alter their WR plans somewhat though I doubt they are counting on him. And of course, I am sure, by now, they aren't counting on White.

I doubt the first two position groups you listed would be our first overall pick, and am curious as to why you think we'd go in either of those directions. We are looking like a team with a top-5 pick again this year. OLmen drafted in the top 5 had better be a LT, and Leno just got extended and the coaches appear to have a lot of faith in his progress. Our weakest points on the OL are RT and depth, as our interior linemen just arent staying healthy. I bet these problems get addressed in FA or with late round picks.

DL is a solid investment for a top 5 pick, except that we have a good group of starters there and usually have only 2 linemen out at a time. Therefor, DL would be drafted as depth. Bears waited on the position before, getting a starter in Goldman in the second and a rotational player in Bullard in the third round. I would personally be surprised if the Bears took a DL with a top 5 pick.

Edge rusher... yeah that is an area I could see us targeting in the first. I wouldnt be opposed to it, getting a long term starter to put next to Floyd would be a great move, and would hopefully add a bully to our pass rush. You can never go wrong adding more pass rushers in the draft.

However, I would still target a DB at the top of the draft. Aaron Rodgers will continue to escape the pocket and wait until the last moment to air it out, and will be successful doing so against us more often than not because we dont have good enough DBs to challenge his receivers. DB and WR remain the biggest issues for this team to fix, and I would be ecstatic if we took James in the first and a guy like Parris Campbell in the second.

Liked Posts:
Times have changed & so has the amount of increasing blue chip talent in the draft. For the first time in a long time I actually want to see the Bears trade back & take either the best WR or OLB with the first pick. This is the third consecutive year this team has been utterly decimated with injuries & have nothing to replace those injured players with. So far it looks like the Bears will be picking top 5 & should be able to pull in a nice return on a trade back & still maintain a top 10 pick, or even damn near close.

There's more first round talent deeper in the draft than their ever has been & the Bears really need to start multiplying opportunities in the draft to acquire that talent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears must sign at least 1 veteran starting WR to stabilize the group.

I probably sign 2 and allow myself to draft one on day 3 instead of having to do it earlier.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is a great point. You are correct. Other than throwing big time money at those guys, no one would want to come to the Bears organization. A dynamic new coach and offensive coordinator is a requirement for creating excitement. Not these never were or has beens that the Bears bring in all of the time. Once again, Halas Hall needs to act.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I can't help but think the Bears may want to draft to protect their giant investment in Trubisky. IMO that's not a bad place to start. We could basically "John Lynch" anyone we want with the extremely high-looking pick we get this draft....only this time, pace will be wearing the rubber glove. So...Trade down, pick up a beast guard and a wr early (not necessarily first if someone ridiculous falls), add a vet WR, and obviously we need some D help, or at least depth. Just a new guy's opinion, but after this last draft....*shrugs*

BEAR DOWN

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Offensive Head Coach: Jim Bob Cooter or Josh McDaniels

Young QB: Trubisky

Wide Open #1 spot

All those things could seriously attract some WR talent.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
QB and edge rushers are the two most important players on a team, with OT being the third. I'd go with any of those three as my target, and seeing as we have a QB (hopefully), I'd prefer edge. Edge rushers will always hide a questionable secondary, but even a lights out secondary will be exploited without a pass rush.

WR will come when they see trubs accuracy. He usually throws threm into space which gives them a shot at YAC. WR will run from a guy like glennon who places them in kill mode with his placement.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trubs is gonna get a few games this season but if he looks bad against actual NFL competition, this might have to be an option for Pace.
I don't see how you pass up on a franchise QB if we draft 1 or 2 I know everybody says Trubs is the guy but Darnold has much better tools against some pretty good competition this franchise would implode if they are put in that position.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Titans super charged their rebuild.

Drafted Mariota 2

Got the 1st pick and traded it for the world.

That is what Glennon is leading us to,

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt the first two position groups you listed would be our first overall pick, and am curious as to why you think we'd go in either of those directions. We are looking like a team with a top-5 pick again this year. OLmen drafted in the top 5 had better be a LT, and Leno just got extended and the coaches appear to have a lot of faith in his progress. Our weakest points on the OL are RT and depth, as our interior linemen just arent staying healthy. I bet these problems get addressed in FA or with late round picks.

DL is a solid investment for a top 5 pick, except that we have a good group of starters there and usually have only 2 linemen out at a time. Therefor, DL would be drafted as depth. Bears waited on the position before, getting a starter in Goldman in the second and a rotational player in Bullard in the third round. I would personally be surprised if the Bears took a DL with a top 5 pick.

Edge rusher... yeah that is an area I could see us targeting in the first. I wouldnt be opposed to it, getting a long term starter to put next to Floyd would be a great move, and would hopefully add a bully to our pass rush. You can never go wrong adding more pass rushers in the draft.

I don't know that late round picks are going to solidify either line or fill any holes. I guess it depends on where the Bears actually pick. I get your point about DL but if the best RT is looking your right in the face I think that is hard to pass up even with Leno's extension. Regardless, I can see DB, easy and I still see edge rusher or even LB. WR is obvious, too. At the end of the day it is way too early to make any bold predictions and everything is a guess at this point.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.

It's hunting season but these damn unseasonably hot temperatures are getting in my way. Got a bear killed bow hunting last week and now it's time for some venison. Football plays second fiddle during hunting season. I'll watch a little on Sundays before hitting the woods and then watch Sun pm, Mon, and Thu.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Watching Bradley Chubb right now, he's a really interesting prospect. Lots of pass rush moves, relentless, and violent although doesn't look to have the bend that the top pass rushers have. He's great against the run and can move inside. Kind of reminds me of what we were hoping McPhee would be. Most project him to DE but I think he's athletic enough to play OLB, esp opposite someone like Floyd. Would be I guy I'd like if the Bears trade down into the 10-15 range.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Isnt it freakin sad as hell Windy that its week 3 and we are already talking about and looking towards next years draft.... What the actual F*ck is up with this freakin organization. Utterly sad.

So jealous of so many other teams around the league.....hell I even like what the Lions have been doing, and thet have cheerleaders now!... and some sweet as new uni's.

Well, we've known for decades that the Bears are a Junior Varsity operation. Starting with ownership, to coaching, and even the media , there is no expectation of excellence. Look at the 49ers, As bad as they've been the last couple of years, they have made major changes because mediocrity is not the norm. Until the Bears organization, and the community, demand more, don't expect things to change.