Bears to select Derwin James, S, Florida State per website

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
At some point he will be forced to add some real legit talent on the backend. The mid round scrapheap hasn't fared well thus far.

I agree. I would rather the premium picks go to CB if you're addressing the backend and would still put a top-notch talent at OLB at a premium over secondary in the first. There are holes all over so, to me, it's a matter of philosophy when placing a premium. I think it will be critical to actually land a top talent or two in FA next year and not overpay for the likes of Glennon and Demps. This FA period was probably the worst i've seen. Adding real talent in FA will help sort things out in the draft.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The way the CBA is set up, free agency is becoming less relevant. How many game changers actually hit the open market in their prime? The teams that draft and develop their young talent are always gonna have the best chances of winning Super Bowls when their top talent is cost controlled.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The way the CBA is set up, free agency is becoming less relevant. How many game changers actually hit the open market in their prime? The teams that draft and develop their young talent are always gonna have the best chances of winning Super Bowls when their top talent is cost controlled.

Agree to an extent but I'd rather overpay a top-notch player like Janoris Jenkins than overpay scrubs like Glennon or Demps. Top quality players hit the market every year and yes they get overpaid but so do the mid-level and lower-tier guys. Building through the draft is ideal but certain positions take longer to develop and mixing in established guys worth their salt is always needed.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cant see drafting a safety in the top 3

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Derwin James is good, but Ridley from Alabama is the pick as of now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would love to have Ridley but D.James is gonna be a great safety in the NFL and i would love A.Key as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

There's a pretty damn good group of free agent WR's for us to look at in 2018 though. Plenty of really good #2 WR's and a few #1 WR's and i think that's where we should look to spend a good chunk of our cap and use the draft for OLB, secondary and OL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rookie WRs are too much of a crap shoot.

Sign veterans who are ready to play with Trubisky week 1 of the season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's a pretty damn good group of free agent WR's for us to look at in 2018 though. Plenty of really good #2 WR's and a few #1 WR's and i think that's where we should look to spend a good chunk of our cap and use the draft for OLB, secondary and OL.

I agree with this. Sign a couple of veteran WRs and draft positions that have more of an instant impact.

A 2nd round WR probably does not do a ton for Trubisky in 2018.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
If Bears get another Top 3 Draft pick, then I really hope they'll be able to pick a premium pass rusher like OLB Arden Key.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do the Bears have play makers on defense? Is James a play maker? If he is, who gives a turkey which spot he's drafted at?

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
At some point Turbinsky needs to play this year, the Bears have to see how he looks in real NFL games. If they deem he is the real deal, then this would be the year for them to trade their top 5 pick for a ransom to rebuild the roster. There is always a team looking to move up for a QB, get a load of extra and future picks from them and stock the whole team with young talent. If Turbinsky looks bad in real NFL games, then use that top 5 pick on the best available QB. Trade Glennon to a team for a 5th rd pick, and let the 2 young QB's compete for playing time going forward. The Bears will be in a good cap situation going forward, and it needs to stay that way in order to sign their own talent (assuming they can draft well) in the next few years. They should target 2 mid level veteran WR's in FA, and use 1 of their 2nd or 3rd rd picks on a WR. I think priority positions in the draft has to be CB, S, & OLB. I would love another OLB prospect to pair with Floyd because McPhee will just be a part time player for his remaining time on the team. If there is an off the charts S there with the Bears top pick they can't pass, the backside of that defense needs someone who can take charge.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care who the Bears draft, just make sure they're injury prone. We don't want anyone actually playing on the field consistently around here and fucking up the tank job.

Kevin White was not 'injury prone' ... fyi.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

like who besides Landry? (just asking not implying there isn't)

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rookie WRs are too much of a crap shoot.

Sign veterans who are ready to play with Trubisky week 1 of the season.

Isnt it freakin sad as hell Windy that its week 3 and we are already talking about and looking towards next years draft.... What the actual F*ck is up with this freakin organization. Utterly sad.

So jealous of so many other teams around the league.....hell I even like what the Lions have been doing, and thet have cheerleaders now!... and some sweet as new uni's.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
You rarely get full return on your investment by drafting a safety top 10. Pass rusher please.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Bears get another Top 3 Draft pick, then I really hope they'll be able to pick a premium pass rusher like OLB Arden Key.

If we get in the top 3 then we could get a really good trade down package from a QB needy team but would love A.Key if we get a top 3 and keep it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
like who besides Landry? (just asking not implying there isn't)

Allen Robinson
A.Jeffery
S.Watkins
T.Pryor
D.Adams
M.Bryant
J.Landry
D.Moncrief
L.Fitzgerald--too old

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
2018 draft... in part based on what we didn't get out of the 2017 and knew the team needed and likely still need... plus some.
- Safety... this has been a sore spot for the Bears for so long.. Just as they took a QB high last year, something the Bears, have rarely ever done.... they need to go after a DB with the same vigor. I have no problem with a top 10 safety... if he looks to be a game changer (see Jamal Adams). If The Bears end up top ten, which is likely, I would have no problem with this move.... but if the player looks to be outside the top ten.... trade down.... this team needs to try to get as much bang for their buck in the upcoming draft.
- Wide Receiver... while the team has recently taken a WR with a high pick... WRs still remain the slowest to develop and mostt likely to to bust as first round picks. We need WRs... but I wouldn't risk a top ten on one... not with the Bears luck. If they trade down and take one while grabbing another valuable piece... then yes. But not as a sole first rounder esp if top ten.
- Pass Rusher (OLB).... the team needs another young stud to play opposite Floyd.
- QB... if the Bears end up in another top five position... the trade down will be the best case scenario for them. There will be teams desperate for a QB. 2018's crop, which would have included Trubs if he stayed in school, is looking to be very top heavy. 2-3 of the top five picks are likely to be QB. With us already having Trubs.... no need for a QB controvery. Keep the pick ONLY if there is a stud OT or Pass Rusher deserving of a top five..... otherwise... trade down.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
jarvis landry in free agency

harold landry in the draft

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Our luck we get the #1 pick, trade it for a kings ransom, Trubisky sucks and is out of the league in 3 years, James tears his knee up in OTA's, Darnold wins 7 SB's for Browns.