Bears Top Ranked Defense in NFC

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it is true. We are the number one defense in the entire NFC in yards allowed, which is a huge accomplishment from where we were just a year ago. The points per game has been coming down a lot over the last couple of games too, the defense only gave up 10 yesterday.

Rip it to shreds if you want, just posting the facts here. And yes, there are some bad stats too, why not just emphasize the great one for a while and enjoy being a Bears fan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defenses performance has been nothing short of incredible.

Considering that most of what they are doing is based in coaching, toughness, and effort.

McPhee started it, but it seems everyone on the defense has adopted his high effort, fight everyone mentality. I know we talked a lot about leadership last season, but this is what we are seeing now.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. The D needed somebody they could fight back to back with and that's what they have with McPhee.
Seems like they all are adopting his style. What a friggin turnaround.

Hey Windy are you writing up anything on Grasu and his performance or thinkin about it ?
Your analysis is superlative and I learn from those things you notice and share.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Here are the reasons we're number one in yards allowed:

1. We have the only kicker in the NFL who can't kick the ball through the endzone.
2. Our kick coverage team sucks thus giving the receiving team great field position.
3. Our offense has been controlling time of possession.
4. Our offense has fumbled the ball several times thus giving the opponent a short field.
5. We commit alot of penalties thus giving the other team free yards.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

1. We have the only kicker in the NFL who can't kick the ball through the endzone.
2. Our kick coverage team sucks thus giving the receiving team great field position.
4. Our offense has fumbled the ball several times thus giving the opponent a short field.

And I'll bet no other team in the NFL has any of these issues/benefits right?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep. The D needed somebody they could fight back to back with and that's what they have with McPhee.
Seems like they all are adopting his style. What a friggin turnaround.

Hey Windy are you writing up anything on Grasu and his performance or thinkin about it ?
Your analysis is superlative and I learn from those things you notice and share.

I am going to rewatch and write something up for Wednesday hopefully.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:

I'm sure there are. But we just happen to have the better numbers. And also, they probably don't have an offense that can control the time of possession like our offense can.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson said something interesting on the radio.

He said that many beat reporters were surprised that McPhee was a unanimous vote for captain by his team mates after only being in the building a few months. He has never played a game in a Bears uniform, he is younger than other players, and he was voted captain.

Dickerson said he is that big of a presence in the building.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Daabears and I said the defense would be better but even I didn't expect this kind of improvement. So #calleditkindof

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Daabears and I said the defense would be better but even I didn't expect this kind of improvement. So #calleditkindof
You called that the defense, coached by a top3 DC instead of Mel Tucker, would be better than the 2 worst Bears defenses in Bears history?
Who are you... Nostradamus?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson said something interesting on the radio.

He said that many beat reporters were surprised that McPhee was a unanimous vote for captain by his team mates after only being in the building a few months. He has never played a game in a Bears uniform, he is younger than other players, and he was voted captain.

Dickerson said he is that big of a presence in the building.
My guess is being around Ray and company in Baltimore McPhee is taking what he has learned and took of great signing by Pace

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You called that the defense, coached by a top3 DC instead of Mel Tucker, would be better than the 2 worst Bears defenses in Bears history?
Who are you... Nostradamus?

Yes and to be fair the defense really is void of talent and we lost some players that were experienced and expected to do something on the team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When the Bears defense shut down the Chiefs and allowed the offense to score 2 Tds they were playing,

Vet Min, 2nd round Pick, 2nd Round Pick

Vet Min, UDFA, UDFA, McPhee

1st round, 5th round, UDFA, Vet Min

The fact that shut down anything is shocking and impressive.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
They are?

Yup they are.

They only gave up 189 passing yards in the 1st game to Aaron Frigging Rodgers man. Come on man holding Rodgers to only 189 passing yards is elite defense kinda stuff that legendary defenses are made of, right?

They also gave up 3 passing TD, had zero takeways and Rodgers had his highest rating of the year (140.5) but don't let that silly little stat info get in the way of a good trolling. After all holding Green Bay to only 322 yards of total offense was a great moral victory indeed.

They only gave up 185 passing yards in the 2nd game to Palmer. Which is unbelievably good right?

They also allowed Palmer to throw for 4 TD and helped keep his rating down to a minuscule 115.4 rating for the game. That's top notch defense work right there isn't it?

In the 3rd game of the season they held the struggling Seahawks to 371 yards of total offense.

Which is stellar considering that Seattle is only averaging 356 yards of offense per game through 5 games. (including the 371 yards off the Bears defense). They also held Wilson who is having a pro-bowl year (sarcasm), down to a 101.4 rating. Which is great because that's only his second highest rating after 5 games. His best rating was 125 against the Lions last week in a 13-10 victory.

In the 4th game of the season they held the Raiders to 243 yards of offense.

This was actually a worthy effort by the Bears defense and they held Carr to his 3rd highest rating in 5 games. (84.9)

In the 5th game of the season they held the Chiefs to 287 yards and forced zero turnovers.

Which is more good news because the Bears were able to hold Smith to his 3rd highest rating in 5 games (82.8).

So the Bears defense is dominating in yards allowed. You can bank on them to be the #1 overall in that stat week in and week out. They are that improved good.

Factoring in stuff like the Bears offense dominating TOP (time of possession) is not very important either.

The most important thing to remember is that the bears defense is only allowing a 105.8 passer rating right now and has given up 142 points.

Which ranks them 28th in the league in passer rating against and 28th in points allowed. (Cutler did throw a pick 6 which probably accounts for approximately half of the points allowed, just to keep it fair and how the trolls like things around here.)

So yeah, the Bears defense has allowed the least amount of yards in the NFL this year.

Hat's off to them and their ability to hold opposing QB's to a 105.8 rating and only allow 11 TD to 2 INT. Focusing on that stuff before the Lions game is just silly talk and doesn't please the trolls.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

Stop with the logic and facts. Lord knows those long pass interference calls had nothing to do with how teams moved down field on the Bears. Get with the program son.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

I do know that only 4 other teams are allowing higher QB ratings than the Bears 105.8 after 5 games. Thoughts?