Bears Top Ranked Defense in NFC

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is 2 weeks in a row of very misleading stats on your part. It's great that they have the lowest yards and all, but what does that win again??? Fact is the playoff teams we've played did pretty much whatever they wanted on offense.

I'm hopeful and even excited about the future, but COME ON MAN get back to talking about football and never mind #calledit.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Still miss Mel Tucker..[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
How anyone can even try and argue how good this team is is mind blowing.

They believe they can win every week and personally, I believe this team can go toe to toe with the best. They gave the packers a run for their money and before cutler went out with the hammy, they were going at it against AZ.

Stop hating and enjoy the ride, instead of being pissy because you want Goff and looking forward to next season. The guys playing are NOT looking for next season. They want to win now.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How anyone can even try and argue how good this team is is mind blowing.

They believe they can win every week and personally, I believe this team can go toe to toe with the best. They gave the packers a run for their money and before cutler went out with the hammy, they were going at it against AZ.

Stop hating and enjoy the ride, instead of being pissy because you want Goff and looking forward to next season. The guys playing are NOT looking for next season. They want to win now.

I agree despbo. And would prefer to accentuate the positives. This is not about #called it. I said in my OP that others can name other stats that are negative. But the one that we are first in is phenomenal and I agree, we can beat anybody, and by the way, we will beat Denver later in the year.

There will be bumps in the road. But this is heading in the right direction fast. Quite the opposite of the Emery/Trestman administration that I despised so much.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
I agree despbo. And would prefer to accentuate the positives. This is not about #called it. I said in my OP that others can name other stats that are negative. But the one that we are first in is phenomenal and I agree, we can beat anybody, and by the way, we will beat Denver later in the year.

There will be bumps in the road. But this is heading in the right direction fast. Quite the opposite of the Emery/Trestman administration that I despised so much.

And we will do that riding on the shoulders of the best defensive player on the team.

Shea McClellin! He's the best player because he leads the team in tackles.

Cherry-picking stats...
:facepalm:

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a distinct difference between "sitting and enjoying the ride" and discussing the current state of the team. I feel they are indeed going in the correct direction, but to be honest that wasn't hard as there was no way but up. But to prop the D around as the best is pretty misleading.

There was lots high fiving and thank banging going on early during the Trestman era too.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a distinct difference between "sitting and enjoying the ride" and discussing the current state of the team. I feel they are indeed going in the correct direction, but to be honest that wasn't hard as there was no way but up. But to prop the D around as the best is pretty misleading.

There was lots high fiving and thank banging going on early during the Trestman era too.

I didn't say they are the top defense in the NFL, what I have said several times in the last few months is that they will be playing like a top10 defense by the end of the year. I believe that this is ahead of schedule, as evidenced by one key statistic.

And please don't group me with the early trestman nuthuggers. You know well how much I hated that shit.

Read my OP again.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is still gonna get beat, maybe torched by the top teams in the NFL, but that is OK.

I think it was pretty unanimous on here that the goal for this season was to reestablish discipline, effort, and belief in the system. So to that end, this first stretch of games has been a resounding success.

Like Windy already pointed out, the success so far has been build on straight up discipline and fundamentals. In other words, coaching. Its why the bears brought Fox in and its what we were hoping to see. So that is a huge positive.

This team will hopefully continue to lay that foundation over this season. And when they start plugging some top tier talent into this D, lookout.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest I've been more impressed with the offense and #6.

His passer rating is nearly identical to his career average. Now, before you say "to have a passer rating that high with so many injuries " keep in mind he had all these tools last year

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't say they are the top defense in the NFL, what I have said several times in the last few months is that they will be playing like a top10 defense by the end of the year. I believe that this is ahead of schedule, as evidenced by one key statistic.

And please don't group me with the early trestman nuthuggers. You know well how much I hated that shit.

Read my OP again.

Not at all man, I give you full credit for questioning Emery and Trestman very early ..... but do you really feel like they are even avg on D at this point?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

Read my OP again.

Where would you rank them overall currently?

Also Trestman sucked a life. That is one I called as well but it was one of the worst feelings ever to watch my doubt about him come to fruition.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His passer rating is nearly identical to his career average. Now, before you say "to have a passer rating that high with so many injuries " keep in mind he had all these tools last year

It's more about execution and flow for me so far, rather than stats or rating.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Not at all man, I give you full credit for questioning Emery and Trestman very early ..... but do you really feel like they are even avg on D at this point?

I don't but if he is right and they reach the top 10 status by years end, watch out NFC north 2016.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is still gonna get beat, maybe torched by the top teams in the NFL, but that is OK.

I think it was pretty unanimous on here that the goal for this season was to reestablish discipline, effort, and belief in the system. So to that end, this first stretch of games has been a resounding success.

Like Windy already pointed out, the success so far has been build on straight up discipline and fundamentals. In other words, coaching. Its why the bears brought Fox in and its what we were hoping to see. So that is a huge positive.

This team will hopefully continue to lay that foundation over this season. And when they start plugging some top tier talent into this D, lookout.

this sounds about right

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Most definitely average or better. Points stats misleading. The Arizona game was a fucking disaster, our secondary needed adjustments for sure. The Green bay and Seattle games were actually low scoring till late. KC defense held to 10, and that is team with 7 FGs the prior week. The defense is definitely average or better as of right now.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most definitely average or better. Points stats misleading. The Arizona game was a fucking disaster, our secondary needed adjustments for sure. The Green bay and Seattle games were actually low scoring till late. KC defense held to 10, and that is team with 7 FGs the prior week. The defense is definitely average or better as of right now.

I think it will be a disaster vs any top offense ..... I'd also say you're on the optimistic side and I'm on the pessimist side without seeing better "pieces" out there.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
We didn't stand a chance in the Seattle game, given how absurdly ineffective our offense was. That was truly pathetic. No defense is good when you're on the field as long as they were in that game. Arizona was a disaster, but 14 points weren't scored on the defense (kick off return and pick 6).

I think the defense is definitely average or better. Some on this message board knew it would be a work in progress all season, but with Fangio coaching them they would be hitting their stride towards the END of the year. I certainly didn't see the defense being as promising as they have been this early in the year. They're not a world beating, turnover machine yet, but it's really encouraging.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How tha fuck? I mean, they've been greatly improved, but it certainly hasn't felt like I'm watching a #1 D. Probably a lot more to do with the Bears controlling the ball so much on offense.