1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Great player, a little streaky but, he doesn't deserve top tier money AT ALL

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the Ben Gordon hate I have read the past 2 years on Bulls messageboards have literally made me sick and puke out hairballs.

but hes deserved every single bit of it.... i bet he doesnt score 45 the rest of the season w/ all games combined......seriously

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the big 3

rwrynb.jpg

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why does this thread exist?

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does this thread exist?
Because people just don't want to give up the ghost on Ben Gordon.

Dude left this team, the Bulls didn't trade him away. HE LEFT to chase money and Detroit was stupid enough the pay him.

The Bulls offered him fair money for what he did for the team and he balked at it. So Detroit overpaid him and he's done nothing of any significance since he's been there.

Ben doesn't deserve the love he gets from Bulls fans pining over him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know...I wouldn't want to play in a city where all the fans hate me either. How many games has Ben Gordon won for us? He's a flawed player no doubt, but how many players are flawless? Even MJ had his flaws. He probably doesn't deserve quite as much money as he got, but it was clear that this organization and the fans were not behind him. There are a few people in the world of Bulls fans that liked him and wanted him to stay, but by the looks of message boards, they're far in the minority. For everyone's hate of him, he was a #3 overall pick, a 20+ ppg scorer, a deadly 3pt shooter, and a clutch as heck player.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know...I wouldn't want to play in a city where all the fans hate me either. How many games has Ben Gordon won for us? He's a flawed player no doubt, but how many players are flawless? Even MJ had his flaws. He probably doesn't deserve quite as much money as he got, but it was clear that this organization and the fans were not behind him. There are a few people in the world of Bulls fans that liked him and wanted him to stay, but by the looks of message boards, they're far in the minority. For everyone's hate of him, he was a #3 overall pick, a 20+ ppg scorer, a deadly 3pt shooter, and a clutch as heck player.
The fans that give him so much hate now are the same fans that wanted him to stay when he walked out on us. He was great for the Bulls, keyword being WAS. This is a different team, one focused on defense and rebounding, two things he was never good at.

He thought he was better than the money he was offered and went chasing it. He wanted money, so let him wallow in Detroit. I couldn't care less. I liked him when he was here, he won a ton of games for us. But he wanted superstar money and he isn't one.

So fuck Ben Gordon.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fans that give him so much hate now are the same fans that wanted him to stay when he walked out on us. He was great for the Bulls, keyword being WAS. This is a different team, one focused on defense and rebounding, two things he was never good at.

He thought he was better than the money he was offered and went chasing it. He wanted money, so let him wallow in Detroit. I couldn't care less. I liked him when he was here, he won a ton of games for us. But he wanted superstar money and he isn't one.

So fuck Ben Gordon.

Yeah because Scott Skiles teams don't care about defense and rebounding at all...:obama:

He is better than what he was offered initially, which iirc was 9m per year for 5 years or something like that. They offered him another one which was like 10 million for 5 and they pulled that before he could accept it. Yeah sure ego played a role, but before Rose came to town he was our best player. And even then he was our 2nd best player and probably still our leading scorer. He thought as the best player/leading scorer he should get paid like such. Management clearly didn't want to, and fans sure as heck didn't want to because they were too busy harping over his defense to notice his scoring ability. The guy was all but thrust out of town by everyone. People couldn't wait to be rid of him. Now what do people want? A SG who can hit 3s and create his own shot. Oh look...Ben Gordon can do that. That's why you hear his name being brought up. And yeah...12M per year (or 11.8 or whatever it is)...real superstar money there. Greedy jerk.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Dude left this team, the Bulls didn't trade him away. HE LEFT to chase money and Detroit was stupid enough the pay him.

The Bulls offered him fair money for what he did for the team and he balked at it. So Detroit overpaid him and he's done nothing of any significance since he's been there.

Ben Gordon is in the same league as all the love J.R. Smith gets. He's a glorified scorer who has plenty of shitty games. When he's hot, he's hot. He'll win you some games, but also cost you plenty of games.

JimisBulls

Liked Posts:
Looks like BG was channeling his former sharpshooting skills. Good to see him knocking down the long ball.

Love Jimi.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:

images

Say wut?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
BG was a polarizing player. But the often unwarranted hate & constant criticism he endured during his time here always baffled me. Clone said it best "He was a flawed player" but that's almost every player in the league who's not a superstar. The dude still led us in scoring 2 straight seasons, single-handedly won 12 games for us in this rookie season becoming the only rookie ever to win the 6th man of the year award, & always came to work, worked hard & never complained. Somehow wanting to get paid similar to other 20ppg scorers in the league became a crime in the eyes of the majority of the fan base.

Yes he's not worth $11mill. So what? Lewis isn't worth $22mill. Shooters get overpaid in this league just like Bigs do. Hell Korver makes $5mill just to shoot 3's! And fans need to stop acting like he was a selfish dick because he took the $$$. When you are looking for long term security in your job & are presented with a raise too good to turn down, you would take the $$ too, trust me.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon is in the same league as all the love J.R. Smith gets. He's a glorified scorer who has plenty of shitty games. When he's hot, he's hot. He'll win you some games, but also cost you plenty of games.

Everyone loses games. Remember that time Derrick Rose botched FUCKING FREE THROWS and lost us a game against Miami?

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Actually you are mistaken my friend.
Ben Gordon di want to re-sign with the Bulls but Paxson didn't have him in his plans.
Paxson wouldn't even give Ben or his agent an interview and he didn't even want to.
Paxson basically gave Ben the cold shoulder treatment that summer. Pax probably did it to throw a punch at Ben for not accepting his insulting offer earlier that season. If Pax would have at least gave him the same offer in the summer, Ben probably would of negotiated................What the fuck was Ben supposed to do? Not sign with any team........Ben Gordon left Chicago bitter and unappreciated by the owners,management and fans he played his heart out for.......It was Gordon that got stabbed in the back.......
If it wasn't for Ben Gordon, the Bulls would of went more painful years of not making the playoffs.....And crybaby fans pouting over it......Ben Gordon deserved the respect from management for saving the Bulls and helping us regain respect from the fans and opposing teams around the league.....Don't you ever forget that......Ben wanted to stay a Bull...The Bulls didn't want him and turned there back....Ben carried the Bull his last season while Deng sat injurred collecting his much bigger salary then Ben was offered.......This is not oppinion, but FACT.........Do your homework before you make false judgements on peoples character.... Ben Gordon was a class act on and off the court who rarely complained and went out every night and gave it his all even while injured.....but I guess you people forget that too..............I'm ashamed of some of you right now.

Last edited: