Best OF of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Just wondering me and my boyz debate this all the time.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Babe Ruth has to be up there.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Willie Mays if your considering both sides of the game defense and offense

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mays and Ruth.

But I think Griffey would have been able to get up on that list if it weren't for injuries.

And I think that as long as there are no injuries, Mike Trout might be in a discussion in 20 years. I believe that my kids will ask me about trout and harper's rookie year. Anyway....no where near Mays or Ruth yet. Or maybe ever.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
To me it's Roberto Clemente had a better lifetime avg then mays and Aaron, had a cannon for an arm. World series MVP and regular 2 rings.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Reed Johnson.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Seriously though.... PED's or not you have to consider Barry Bonds. His numbers are still gaudy considering how many times he's been walked etc.
Mays, Ruth, Griffey are up there too.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Without looking into all-time stats and what not, Ruth, Mays and Rickey Henderson all have to be considered.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
All around OF to me it is Clemente he Gould have the same honor as Jackie Robinson and have his 21 retired.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barry Bonds on steroids. End of discussion.

bonds without roids was probably HOF bound, than give him a needle and you have the best player ever. I dont like it, but a juiced up bonds was the best player IMO

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For sure Bonds is the best player when he was on steroids. I just don't like to include that because I view it as cheating. ish.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Andre Dawson:tiptoe:

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Why should Clemente get this honor ?
You should do a little background history on the man, he was part of the first big influx of Latin players. They use to call the man bob cuz Roberto was to Hispanic sounding. Topps changed he baseball cards to say bob on them. If you ask any Latin player they will tell you that Roberto was their Jackie..I mean don't get me wrong Jackie went through more but Roberto went through a lot of garbage as well, look at how they use to quote him in the paper. If you go by best around outfielder it's Roberto the man could do it all.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You should do a little background history on the man, he was part of the first big influx of Latin players. They use to call the man bob cuz Roberto was to Hispanic sounding. Topps changed he baseball cards to say bob on them. If you ask any Latin player they will tell you that Roberto was their Jackie..I mean don't get me wrong Jackie went through more but Roberto went through a lot of garbage as well, look at how they use to quote him in the paper. If you go by best around outfielder it's Roberto the man could do it all.
:rofl: at this.

Clemente isn't even close to being the best RF of all time let alone the best all around OF of all time. Willie Mays is far and away a better OFer than Clemente "overall" to start with. Clemente always reminded me of Vlad Guerrero more than anything else. Clemente was overall better in the field from a range standpoint but Vlad was the better hitter and the difference in arm strength is negligible. You're overrating Clemente here.

Status
Not open for further replies.