Biggs on NFL Network Radio Discussing Rookie Camp

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am in the exact opposite spot. I hope this regime moves on from players who cannot play regardless of draft position.

Good teams do not put players on scholarship and give them their entire rookie contract to find themselves. Can you imagine if Grasu was still on the team?

And before some idiot jumps in with Kevin White, all his money was guaranteed, it is different.
I agree completely and just an FYI, @dabears70 thinks that Kevin White could still end up being a stud with a change of scenery.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow, my questioning whether Burton was good drew a lot of interesting comments.

He had decent stats but was no matchup nightmare vs. anyone. Like Windy said, he was (and is) at best the 4th target option behind receivers who have shown more ability at getting separation and YAC than he is. And even that is not really a knock on him; just basically saying he isn't the Bears version of Kelce.

Again, he isn't bad, but his disappearance and questionable on-field toughness and desire makes me very nervous that he is the only known weapon we even have at TE. I am not optimistic about Burton's availability; even less optimistic about the depth behind him.

The playoff game absence was concerning and hurt the offense.

But Burton is not a dynamic passing game weapon, he is reliable.

The Bears have 3 dynamic players on offense in my estimation, Robinson, Cohen, and Miller. That is a very respectable number. Burton and Gabriel are reliable players.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree completely and just an FYI, @dabears70 thinks that Kevin White could still end up being a stud with a change of scenery.

I just cannot handle when the GM/HC are not seeing things that are obvious to fans.

-Chris Williams sucked at OG or OT
-Hester was a #3 WR at best
-Shea Shea Watt was not an NFL player

It just went on and on for the Bears of the team forcing an issue with players who could not play.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did you see how many WRs the Cardinals drafted? I bet White doesn't even make a 53 man roster this year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just cannot handle when the GM/HC are not seeing things that are obvious to fans.

It just went on and on for the Bears of the team forcing an issue with players who could not play.
Did you see how many WRs the Cardinals drafted? I bet White doesn't even make a 53 man roster this year.

The good thing is, Pace learned not to draft injured players after the Kevin White debacle.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Louis Riddick was on an ESPN post draft, fantasy football special today. He picked his 2019 offensive all draft team.

One of his two RBs was Montgomery (the other was Josh Jacobs). He mentioned him being a great fit for the Bears and reminiscent of (wait for it Rory) Kareem Hunt.

Other interesting tidbits...

He loved the Steelers' pick of Diontae Johnson. He thinks he'll have an immediate impact.

Another pick he was raving about was Tytus Howard. I know the Texans have received some heat for his selection but Riddick could not have been more positive.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Ouch! How about that, they drafted 3 WRs: 2nd, 4th and 6th. Too bad for White.

Still, he'll get his shot. Signed a decent prove-it $1.5/1 yr contract $400k GTD.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am in the exact opposite spot. I hope this regime moves on from players who cannot play regardless of draft position.

Good teams do not put players on scholarship and give them their entire rookie contract to find themselves. Can you imagine if Grasu was still on the team?

And before some idiot jumps in with Kevin White, all his money was guaranteed, it is different.

Shaheen deserves the chance to show what he can do when healthy and i have no problem giving him this year to prove it. Now all he has to do is stay at least somewhat healthy and for Nagy to actually call plays for him. There's no way anyone can say what Shaheen could be as a TE as of now because he hasn't been healthy long enough to find out. I get the disappointment and being over him for many of you and if he was healthy all this time he's been with us and still didn't show himself to be a good TE then i'd agree but he hasn't so without knowing what he can do when healthy i'll stick with him for another year and hope for the best.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah GM's and HC's should listen to fans more often...LOL. Is that even a serious comment?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You mean like Eddie Jackson? Hahaha so much stupid in that comment.
Eddie Jackson was not taken in the 1st round IIRC.

Thank you so much as usual!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Burton was really good. Excellent route running receiver who does it all. They needed to get him the ball more!

Sheehan needs to be targeted a ton this camp and early in the season... can't develop if you're never thrown to. Unless Nagy thinks he can't get open, in which case they should've drafted or signed a FA.

Braunecker could be a slow developer... but nobody's expecting anything.

Dax - won't expect much. 27 catches senior yr isn't eye popping, but I read he has some looseness and burst to get open, and a decent catcher and blocker. Never know.
Utah is an old school team that runs and defends.

Utah state plays a spread but has many mouths to feed on offense.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Once in a blue moon it's development time... or maybe sometimes 'the chg of scenery'.

- I hyped Brandon Loyd way back when... Bears cut him.

- Cedric Benson kicked ass his yr out of Chi.

- I guess Bostic is doing OK.

Point is, I think Trub has been throwing where he's been told 98% of the time. Did we really get a targeted look at Sheehan last year? I just don't think so.

2018: 6 games, 6 targets, 5 rec, 48yds, 1 TD... zero drops.
2017: zero drops.

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The TE group is WAYYYY ahead of last year's group, with the subtraction of Simms