Biggs on NFL Network Radio Discussing Rookie Camp

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah GM's and HC's should listen to fans more often...LOL. Is that even a serious comment?
He said nothing about listening to fans and instead mentioned being able to see what was obvious to literally everyone except them. It's like you didn't even read his post.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Why always so mad Jurk?
What in my previous post suggested that I was mad?

Perhaps you aren't the person to suggest who is or isn't mad as you constantly attempt to hate fuck this entire message board.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Louis Riddick was on an ESPN post draft, fantasy football special today. He picked his 2019 offensive all draft team.

One of his two RBs was Montgomery (the other was Josh Jacobs). He mentioned him being a great fit for the Bears and reminiscent of (wait for it Rory) Kareem Hunt.

Other interesting tidbits...

He loved the Steelers' pick of Diontae Johnson. He thinks he'll have an immediate impact.

Another pick he was raving about was Tytus Howard. I know the Texans have received some heat for his selection but Riddick could not have been more positive.
Come on. You’ve been here long enough saying nice things about our team is forbidden.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yeah GM's and HC's should listen to fans more often...LOL. Is that even a serious comment?

Strawman. He literally said "I just cannot handle when the GM/HC are not seeing things that are obvious to fans." In the history of the Bears including Angelo, Emery, Trestman how could you possibly LOL at the statement that our GM and HC have not historically seen things very well??

To me that was a lay-up post by Windy for multiple likes, not your bizarre response.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Once in a blue moon it's development time... or maybe sometimes 'the chg of scenery'.

- I hyped Brandon Loyd way back when... Bears cut him.

- Cedric Benson kicked ass his yr out of Chi.

- I guess Bostic is doing OK.

Point is, I think Trub has been throwing where he's been told 98% of the time. Did we really get a targeted look at Sheehan last year? I just don't think so.

2018: 6 games, 6 targets, 5 rec, 48yds, 1 TD... zero drops.
2017: zero drops.

Shaheen is athletic af and if he can run routes and get separation then his targets will go up. I imagine Nagy would LOVE Shaheen to step up and produce like a "baby Gronk".

I can't imagine why people would count on it nor why people would imagine that Shaheen is only being ignored and if he would just get more targets, he would pan out. That seems mistaken.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Strawman. He literally said "I just cannot handle when the GM/HC are not seeing things that are obvious to fans." In the history of the Bears including Angelo, Emery, Trestman how could you possibly LOL at the statement that our GM and HC have not historically seen things very well??

To me that was a lay-up post by Windy for multiple likes, not your bizarre response.

Look at who responded to @WindyCity ... @dabears70 is literally on the spectrum and is incapable of critical thought. Only he would translate what Windy said, which is basically something that is painfully obvious for the fans should be obvious to a GM/HC, to GM/HC's should be listening to fans.

I guess every village needs an idiot, it's just sad @dabears70 tends to be the most vocal idiot in this village

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shaheen deserves the chance to show what he can do when healthy and i have no problem giving him this year to prove it. Now all he has to do is stay at least somewhat healthy and for Nagy to actually call plays for him. There's no way anyone can say what Shaheen could be as a TE as of now because he hasn't been healthy long enough to find out. I get the disappointment and being over him for many of you and if he was healthy all this time he's been with us and still didn't show himself to be a good TE then i'd agree but he hasn't so without knowing what he can do when healthy i'll stick with him for another year and hope for the best.

Why? He has had 32 games to show something.

Is this ever going to happen. 19/32 games played and half crippled in the others.

On an offense with Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Cohen, Montgomery, Burton, I am not designing the Shaheen package because I need to rescue some value from a bad pick.

When most NFL players fail there is a health component to it. It is not as if most guys show up and simply cannot play.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I wanted to report this for something, but I did not want to force FT to read it.

I said that I like it when our GM and HC see stuff that is obvious. When fans can tell someone can't play the GM and HC should have seen that a long time ago.

It is frustrating when GMs and HCs continue to try and force a player to be something and rely on them when some schmo in the 400 level can see they suck.

Example: Dion Sims was horrendous last season, so as soon as Shaheen could walk they replaced Sims. That is a positive to me.

Kevin White sucks. He cannot run routes, has suspect hands, and is incredibly soft at the catch point for a huge man. What did Nagy do? Replaced his snaps with Bellamy and eventually Wims.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why? He has had 32 games to show something.

Is this ever going to happen. 19/32 games played and half crippled in the others.

On an offense with Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Cohen, Montgomery, Burton, I am not designing the Shaheen package because I need to rescue some value from a bad pick.

When most NFL players fail there is a health component to it. It is not as if most guys show up and simply cannot play.

Has he had 32 games though?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I wanted to report this for something, but I did not want to force FT to read it.

I said that I like it when our GM and HC see stuff that is obvious. When fans can tell someone can't play the GM and HC should have seen that a long time ago.

It is frustrating when GMs and HCs continue to try and force a player to be something and rely on them when some schmo in the 400 level can see they suck.

Example: Dion Sims was horrendous last season, so as soon as Shaheen could walk they replaced Sims. That is a positive to me.

Kevin White sucks. He cannot run routes, has suspect hands, and is incredibly soft at the catch point for a huge man. What did Nagy do? Replaced his snaps with Bellamy and eventually Wims.

You are trying to explain this to someone whose brain functions like this:

giphy.gif

you need to use smaller words and more pictures

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You wanted to report this for what exactly? My goodness that's something i'd expect from the troll crew cause they're petty as hell but not you but go ahead and report it.

I misread what you were saying but you still somewhat implied that sometimes the fans know more then the GM and HC about players but there's sooooooo much more to why they keep players then any of us would know from the outside looking in. If anyone thinks that they see something in a player that the GM, HC, OC, DC and all the assistants and scouts don't know then those fans are fooling themselves. They all see everything we see about the players on this team and much more. You think they didn't know that D.Simms was a bad signing or that what K.White could or couldn't do when it comes to routes when they drafted after scouting the kid up close for months? Come on Windy, you're much smarter then that.

You can go report me now.

Shit i don't know how i made it part of your post but oh well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, he has actually been in the NFL for 33 games.

Injuries are not a golden get out of jail card. Availability is the single most important aspect of a players career.

Well i'm obviously talking about the actual time he's actually had to prove himself and not talking about all the time he spent injured or playing games hurt or playing 2-3 plays in a game. Then there's this little thing that's called actually running plays for the guy when he is healthy but since he didn't get much time to actually run plays in actual games then i'm sure it was hard for Nagy to run plays for him. Lot of actuals in this post.

He's had probably about 10-12 ACTUAL games in the league with two different head coaches and systems.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well i'm obviously talking about the actual time he's actually had to prove himself and not talking about all the time he spent injured or playing games hurt or playing 2-3 plays in a game. Then there's this little thing that's called actually running plays for the guy when he is healthy but since he didn't get much time to actually run plays in actual games then i'm sure it was hard for Nagy to run plays for him. Lot of actuals in this post.

He's had probably about 10-12 ACTUAL games in the league with two different head coaches and systems.

You do not get a free pass for injuries. He is always injured, why should we believe that it will magically improve?

Running plays for him is a total waste when the Bears have significantly better players. He needs to be a threat in the passing game so that defenses cannot simply not cover him. Unfortunately, based on what we saw last season teams do not respect him enough to cover him with an actual player.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LMAO imagine bawwwwing about a perpetually injured player not getting enough plays designed for him LMAO

wow

Pace to Nagy "I know this guy falls down and breaks something ? when we get him the ball?50% of the time but I really need him to get more looks ? to make absolutely sure he isn't a DUD ?"

Nagy, "I'm trying to win some football games ? but I will get him enough touches to get IR'd again ?, promise"

@dabears70 to CCS "Nagy only calls plays where Shaheen gets injured?:mad::mad: , he needs to do a better job of developing the kid???? !!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You do not get a free pass for injuries. He is always injured, why should we believe that it will magically improve?

Running plays for him is a total waste when the Bears have significantly better players. He needs to be a threat in the passing game so that defenses cannot simply not cover him. Unfortunately, based on what we saw last season teams do not respect him enough to cover him with an actual player.

So you don't think the little he did last year had anything to do with injuries (played in 6 games last year) and playing in a new system with only 6 games with very limited use in those 6 games had anything to do with how little he did for us last year? So being in a new system can be a learning process for everyone but A.Shaheen? Played in 6 games had 6 targets and caught 5 of them.

I'm not saying he should be given a new contract at all, i'm saying he deserves a solid chance in this Nagy system to show what he can do and of course staying healthy has a lot to do with that but just because he hasn't been able to stay healthy doesn't automatically mean he doesn't know how to play football. I'm not saying he should get a free pass but does deserve a real chance.

Can we talk about this thing with you considering reporting me cause i would of never expected that from you so i'm confused?