Biggs says Fangio retained

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, at least the D is all set.

The O still concerns me a bit with the Nagy/Helfrich combo but it will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Part of me doesn’t like how all the Fangio stuff went down and think maybe it would’ve been better to move on to Bettcher.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Is this the Bears? The Chicago Bears? Is the world about to end? Has hell has frozen over. What the hells bells is happening, we are getting everything we want. Something just does not feel right about all this.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is great.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Is this the Bears? The Chicago Bears? Is the world about to end? Has hell has frozen over. What the hells bells is happening, we are getting everything we want. Something just does not feel right about all this.
I'm going to get hit by a bus walking out of work. It's official.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
CHI was as close as Fangio was gonna get at being a "HC" in some way. He might get that "assistant HC" tag along with DC. Being the sole leader of that defensive side of the team. Probably gets another pay raise. It was his best option.

Would've been cool with Bettcher too but glad to have Fangio back.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I hope Vic and Nagy can get along and there's no hurt feelings on Vic's part for being passed over. Part of me can't help but think it might've been better if he did leave

This is like when UF fans said they'd be better off without Urban Meyer and tOSU wouldn't be able to retain the guy for even 3 yrs....

Mitchapalooza

Adam Jahns‏
@adamjahns

The #Bears wanted an answer from Vic Fangio today. They always were optimistic that he'd return but wanted to give him his time. Still, Fangio was always open to it. @BradBiggs reports that a deal was just struck.

Well it seems like they just gave him a few days to mull it over. Guess the over-dramatic "Fangio is dicking us around" narrative wasn't true after all :thinking:

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
CHI was as close as Fangio was gonna get at being a "HC" in some way. He might get that "assistant HC" tag along with DC. Being the sole leader of that defensive side of the team. Probably gets another pay raise. It was his best option.

Would've been cool with Bettcher too but glad to have Fangio back.

To me it was a toss up between Bettcher and Fangio with Fangio having the edge because of continuity.

The problem is Bettcher could be a head coach next offseason if things go right. If he leaves next offseason you could be stuck promoting from within or having to pickup some nobody like Dom Capers.

So when you add in the fact the Bears got Fangio on a 3 year deal? This is fucking absurb

I am truly proud of the Bears right now. It doesn't mean anything yet, but I am proud

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It cannot possibly be worse than anything the last few years.

Well we had shit players too. The inexperience worries me a bit but at the end of that day it all boils down to how things play out on the field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I first saw this, I was about to come in here and bitch about the fact he can't resign if he is not under contract. Then I said to myself, I wonder if they meant he re-signed.

No, really?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Another 3 year deal. Nice.

This is shaping up to be a good team. Cautiously Bears-fan optimistic, slowly dipping toe into the pool of excitement...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well don't fucking jinx it when we still have free agency and the draft coming....GEESH.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
If you really think about it, then staying here makes the most sense.

The problem with Packers and Cardinals jobs is that they don't have much defensive talent. Arizona was 27th and lost a lot of their players from years ago. With a brand new coach, its going to take time with that team who also needs to find a QB. Packers have the QB, but their defensive talent is shit.

Here he has a young defense that was already 10th ranked. We re-sign Fuller, Prince and he ends up getting Key or Chubb then gets some guys healthy and better depth. Then he's got a heck of a unit that can remain a top defense for years. Thats a faster way to get a head coaching gig if thats what he wants.

Would not be surprised if the Bears were a top 5 unit, playoff team and Fangio gets a HC job. Would like to see them sign Ed Donatell back and then consider him for a future DC position if Fangio ever leaves.