In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
No harm no foul, glad Vic is back. Once he saw Nagy’s offensive staff and realized no other teams wanted him for HC, he came to his senses.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another 3 year deal. Nice.

This is shaping up to be a good team. Cautiously Bears-fan optimistic, slowly dipping toe into the pool of Kool Aid...
fify

maxresdefault.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fangio is basically going to be Head Coach of the defense. Very similar to how it was in San Fran

I wonder if he'll move back down to the sidelines during games now. I'm pretty sure that's where he coached from in San Fran. He probably didn't want to be around Fox on the sidelines.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Vic and Nagy can get along and there's no hurt feelings on Vic's part for being passed over. Part of me can't help but think it might've been better if he did leave
That's what I was thinking. Awkward!

cbfan54

Liked Posts:
I may be getting ahead of myself but this is about as excited I have been in a really long time about the Bears' future. Sure there is a lot of unknown but it just feels different this time. This franchise feels like it's going in a whole new direction and I don't think it's going to be the same old Bears this time.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I wonder if he'll move back down to the sidelines during games now. I'm pretty sure that's where he coached from in San Fran. He probably didn't want to be around Fox on the sidelines.
I agree. Also very curious to see the differences. I would imagine Fox wanted a more careful and measured defense. I believe Vics defense in San Francisco was a little more aggressive.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
CHI was as close as Fangio was gonna get at being a "HC" in some way. He might get that "assistant HC" tag along with DC. Being the sole leader of that defensive side of the team. Probably gets another pay raise. It was his best option.

Would've been cool with Bettcher too but glad to have Fangio back.

I wonder if we hear very soon that Arizona made a hire for HC and it's not Shurmur and same with Giants, which might be why Fangio decided to stay.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky cracked two ribs playing volleyball in Hawaii per social media. It was time i suppose. Too much good mojo going on lately.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Is this the Bears? The Chicago Bears? Is the world about to end? Has hell has frozen over. What the hells bells is happening, we are getting everything we want. Something just does not feel right about all this.

I'm going to get hit by a bus walking out of work. It's official.

Well don't fucking jinx it when we still have free agency and the draft coming....GEESH.

Were all doomed, CNN just reporting a comet is heading in from space and it is expected to hit the Chicago lake front area. Should get here right after we have a great draft. Stay tuned for more.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I was thinking. Awkward!

People get passed up for promotions and then have to work for the guy they lost to all the time. *shrug* Business is business. Nagy didn't not hire Fangio for HC.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Is this the Bears? The Chicago Bears? Is the world about to end? Has hell has frozen over. What the hells bells is happening, we are getting everything we want. Something just does not feel right about all this.
And to think some people wanted Ryan Pace fired and some idiots still do.

What is happening is that decades of curmudgeonly narrative on the Chicago Bears are suddenly imploding all at once, and those who even partially have clung to the old meatball axioms and mutter in their sleep about the mccaskeys, are suffering from an extreme case of cognitive dissonance.

Reality has gone so far away from their own internal narrative on the Chicago Bears that they don't even know how to cope.

I would imagine it's going to take some adjusting, and some who are too comfortable with the way things were, bad as they were, are going to have some trouble.

Now this doesn't mean that what the Bears are doing isn't going to end up in a glorious Fireball of Destruction, but at least it is such a radical departure from anything the Chicago Bears have ever done that we are going to be supremely entertained no matter what.

The mccaskeys, yes those mccaskey's, are going for it. All in. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to redefine a franchise. And they are doing it the right way.

Go figure. :D

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you really think about it, then staying here makes the most sense.

The problem with Packers and Cardinals jobs is that they don't have much defensive talent. Arizona was 27th and lost a lot of their players from years ago. With a brand new coach, its going to take time with that team who also needs to find a QB. Packers have the QB, but their defensive talent is shit.

Here he has a young defense that was already 10th ranked. We re-sign Fuller, Prince and he ends up getting Key or Chubb then gets some guys healthy and better depth. Then he's got a heck of a unit that can remain a top defense for years. Thats a faster way to get a head coaching gig if thats what he wants.

Would not be surprised if the Bears were a top 5 unit, playoff team and Fangio gets a HC job. Would like to see them sign Ed Donatell back and then consider him for a future DC position if Fangio ever leaves.

Arizona had the 6th ranked defense in Yards, 19th in points (although only 3 points more than Chicago). Not sure where you get 27th from.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
This is good news.

Honestly part of why I'm excited about this is obviously if Fangio didn't believe in Nagy at all, he'd be out.

This is a good sign that Nagy is the anti-Trestman.

Bear down.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Kyle
‏@Ky1eLong
14m14 minutes ago
dont underestimate the impact of fangio!

[video]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/951902160110936064[/video]

Adam Jahns Retweeted

NBC Sports Chicago
@NBCSChicago
13m13 minutes ago
Just how important is Vic Fangio's reported return to the #Bears? We sat down with @adamjahns to fill us in. http://bit.ly/2ECknff

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
That’s an excellent way to put it: re-defining a franchise. This is what the Bears needed.
If it works or not, time will tell, but Pace deserves credit for going all in. It’s his neck on the line too.