flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Does anyone like him first pick at 9 per walterfootball, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. plus he's an elite receiver and they have him as their first pick. if Poles fixes the OL in FA he could be dynamic paired with Fields

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
100% should be the pick.

Fix OL/DL/LB in Free Agency with that 100m$ Warchest

Take Bijan to add another gamebreaking threat.

If Fields grows even just a bit - let’s say he works all off-season and improves his short area throws/accuracy.

This will be a team on the way to competing for that Super Bowl.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Absolutely not, running back isn't a valuable position you can get similar production from guys in the 5th round.

Just look at what probably the best all-around back in the league (McCaffrey) netted the Panthers in a trade: late 2nd, 3rd, 4th. The Titans are shopping the best between the tackles workhorse back in Henry, and they're going be lucky if they get a package that matches that.

Even if he's the best back in the league, he's not worth a top 10 pick especially not for a team with as many holes as the Bears. We need to address both lines, games are won and lost in the trenches.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely not, running back isn't a valuable position you can get similar production from guys in the 5th round.

Just look at what probably the best all-around back in the league (McCaffrey) netted the Panthers in a trade: late 2nd, 3rd, 4th. The Titans are shopping the best between the tackles workhorse back in Henry, and they're going be lucky if they get a package that matches that.

Even if he's the best back in the league, he's not worth a top 10 pick especially not a team with as many holes as the Bears. We need to address both lines, games are won and lost in the trenches.
i get that line of thinking but there's good production and then there's elite production. thats just another player on offense that demands attention and that helps everyone else

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Depends how FA goes but you can always find a RB in the later rounds...

Alvin Kamara round 3
Matt Forte round 2
David Johnson round 3
Kareem Hunt round 3
Aaron Jones round 5
David Montgomery round 3
Derrick Henry round 2

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Alot of talent in FA / or 2-3rd round for OL/DL

Robinson isn’t a run of the mill RB, he has traits especially in the passing game that make him a dangerous dynamic weapon which will make everyone around him better.

Fields and Robinson in the backfield together would be BY FAR the best rushing game in the league.

Behind a line of Jones/Whitehair/Top FA Center/Jenkins/McGlinchey Kmet a good blocking TE.

The team would have an amazing identity on Offense!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Even if he's the best back in the league, he's not worth a top 10 pick especially not for a team with as many holes as the Bears. We need to address both lines, games are won and lost in the trenches.
The OP mentioned taking him after the OL was covered in FA. If he’s a talent on par with CMC, you take him. No 5th rounder would match that production.

The Bears ran the ball exceptionally well with two mediocre RBs last year. A game breaker like Robinson would have been the difference in all of those one score losses.

The Bears have one of the best dual threat weapons in football. The mesh point becomes a real decision for the defender when choosing between Fields and Robinson.

Also, a RB like Robinson makes play action all that more effective.

An excellent RB helps teams control the clock and take pressure off of a defense.

If the Bears project him as a superstar, you take him.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Allot hinges on what happens in fa but my top offense guys @9 are bijan jsn broderick jones Paris Johnson. Idt Anderson Carter or weatherspoon fall to the pick. If they want defense I would try to trade down again. But yeah bijan should be highly considered @9

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not until they get a real oline

There are options for that in free agency. You can fix guard with those 2nd rounders also.

My main issue is I think #9 is too high for a running back, but bijan is a monster and would make this team reallllly fun to watch next year.

if he slips into the 20s and they trade up to take him, that would be ideal for me. The beauty of those 2nd round picks is you could package them for a late first

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yes, I would be down with that pick, but I am going into this with the understanding that it is a five year lease on a ferrari. Let the first round RB go after the 5th year option (maybe a franchise tag too) and then collect the draft picks from a trade or compensation pick from letting him go to FA. IF he is the rare RB that is worth signing to a second long term contract, then it doesnt matter where he was drafted in the first place.

This offense doesnt need a ferrari; the minimum needs mean that there are lots of other options at a third of the price.

But god damn have you ever driven a ferrari and found that strip of open road that lets you take off?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Way too many quality OL available in FA to draft skoronski/Pjj at 9 and resign Monty.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are options for that in free agency. You can fix guard with those 2nd rounders also.

My main issue is I think #9 is too high for a running back, but bijan is a monster and would make this team reallllly fun to watch next year.

if he slips into the 20s and they trade up to take him, that would be ideal for me. The beauty of those 2nd round picks is you could package them for a late first

You know what would make this team even MORE FUN?

A real Oline.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
You know what would make this team even MORE FUN?

A real Oline.

The OL is the worst in the league that could run block well but couldn't give Fields 2 seconds to throw--and got the bears to pick #1 overall, and RB is the need that'll put them over the top when they got production from a guy they brought in off the street in Darrynton Evans after Monty and Herbert?

Worst OL in football and some want to draft a RB top 10. That's quintessential bears--and especially football stupid.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
The OL is the worst in the league that could run block well but couldn't give Fields 2 seconds to throw--and got the bears to pick #1 overall, and RB is the need that'll put them over the top when they got production from a guy they brought in off the street in Darrynton Evans after Monty and Herbert?

Worst OL in football and some want to draft a RB top 10. That's quintessential bears--and especially football stupid.
The OL will look a lot different in 5 days..