Bijan Robinson

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If the bears draft a back, it will be between picks 53-64 where they hold three of them. This class is loaded with legitimate impact RBs. I'm high on Robinson, he's the goods. Best rb prospect in this class? Yup. But there isn't a stark drop off after him. The bears need to get more explosive at the position. Player's like Tyjae Spears, Israel Abandikana, Kendre Miller ,Jahmyr Gibbs etc are all legitimate NFL caliber weapons.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Unless Carter or Wilson are there, make one more trade down. Add another 2nd this year and next. Gibbs a round or 2 later is nearly as good. Poles has the opportunity now between FA and this draft to completely overhaul both the O and D lines of this team.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone like him first pick at 9 per walterfootball, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. plus he's an elite receiver and they have him as their first pick. if Poles fixes the OL in FA he could be dynamic paired with Fields

Is that ur gf in ur avatar?

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Alot of talent in FA / or 2-3rd round for OL/DL

Robinson isn’t a run of the mill RB, he has traits especially in the passing game that make him a dangerous dynamic weapon which will make everyone around him better.

Fields and Robinson in the backfield together would be BY FAR the best rushing game in the league.

Behind a line of Jones/Whitehair/Top FA Center/Jenkins/McGlinchey Kmet a good blocking TE.

The team would have an amazing identity on Offense!
I want this because it's exciting. But how much did Fournette do for the Jaguars. And how much did Carolina's run game fall off after they traded McCaffrey. (meh) The thrill seeker in me wants to grab Bjan. The safer sensible thing is to not. Its far more likely to find guys in later rounds that can do 80% of what Bjan adds .. vs a 5th round OL or DT compared to 1st.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I want this because it's exciting. But how much did Fournette do for the Jaguars. And how much did Carolina's run game fall off after they traded McCaffrey. (meh) The thrill seeker in me wants to grab Bjan. The safer sensible thing is to not. Its far more likely to find guys in later rounds that can do 80% of what Bjan adds .. vs a 5th round OL or DT compared to 1st.
The Bears have a young first round OT on the roster who looks to be a bust, or mediocre at best (Alex Leatherwood). So first round O linemen are not a sure thing. Compare to the promising 5th round rookie LT, Braxton Jones.

Bijan would give this team an entire new dimension and take pressure off JF who was pretty much the entire offense last year. Imagine having to account for both dynamic players in the backfield.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Unless we have an amazing FA and fill most of our holes, I don't think we should take a RB early. Taking a RB early feels like a luxury that a team like the Bears can't afford.

If the bears draft a back, it will be between picks 53-64 where they hold three of them. This class is loaded with legitimate impact RBs. I'm high on Robinson, he's the goods. Best rb prospect in this class? Yup. But there isn't a stark drop off after him. The bears need to get more explosive at the position. Player's like Tyjae Spears, Israel Abandikana, Kendre Miller ,Jahmyr Gibbs etc are all legitimate NFL caliber weapons.

With what I just said... Charbonnet in the 2nd imo. I feel like he's going to be really good.

Also, if we trade back and are sitting at 17 or something and Bijan is still there. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The Bears have a young first round OT on the roster who looks to be a bust, or mediocre at best (Alex Leatherwood). So first round O linemen are not a sure thing. Compare to the promising 5th round rookie LT, Braxton Jones.

Bijan would give this team an entire new dimension and take pressure off JF who was pretty much the entire offense last year. Imagine having to account for both dynamic players in the backfield.
This. Robinson and Fields in the backfield would be insane. WRs aren’t the people who can take weight off a QBs shoulders. It absolutely would add another dynamic dimension to the offense.

That said, if Carter is there at 9, run to the podium.

If Robinson is there after a small trade down? Wouldn’t be upset with that at all.

Speed

Liked Posts:
That would be a pretty sexy pick. The smart move would probably be an Offensive Lineman right there though. Hopefully we can patch up the Oline through Free agency, so we can have freedom to make a move like that.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Does anyone like him first pick at 9 per walterfootball, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. plus he's an elite receiver and they have him as their first pick. if Poles fixes the OL in FA he could be dynamic paired with Fields
Bijan should be our pick at 9. His hands are amazing. I wish there was a better camera angle for his receptions at the combine.

Watching his hands in action, black holes that vacuumed in the ball. Watching him adjust to poorly thrown balls with ease and be ready to explode.

People that say we can get a good rb later on in the draft are hilarious. They think Bijan’s just a rb. Nah man. Putting him in the backfield with QB1, and now a good WR Corp? We can get OL in FA. That’s no prob. Getting that kind of playmaking potential can’t be given a price.

He can pass block, be moved all over the formation, catch, and is always a danger to take it to the house.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bijan should be our pick at 9. His hands are amazing. I wish there was a better camera angle for his receptions at the combine.

Watching his hands in action, black holes that vacuumed in the ball. Watching him adjust to poorly thrown balls with ease and be ready to explode.

People that say we can get a good rb later on in the draft are hilarious. They think Bijan’s just a rb. Nah man. Putting him in the backfield with QB1, and now a good WR Corp? We can get OL in FA. That’s no prob. Getting that kind of playmaking potential can’t be given a price.

He can pass block, be moved all over the formation, catch, and is always a danger to take it to the house.
The type of RB that should be taken in the first are Marshall Faulk, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, CMC level talents…

I think he’s a hell of a player and would add a sick dimension to this offense.

Do you think he’s a prospect on the level of the guys I listed?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just look at what breece hall and Ken walker were able to do this year.

Bijan barring injury is a can’t miss prospect, should be an elite playmaker on a rookie contract for 5 years.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
RB in round 1 is a luxury pick. Too many holes to do that at this time.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The type of RB that should be taken in the first are Marshall Faulk, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, CMC level talents…

I think he’s a hell of a player and would add a sick dimension to this offense.

Do you think he’s a prospect on the level of the guys I listed?
Easily on that level, but with better hands. He’s actually faster than CMC. He really reminds me of a bigger Marshal Faulk.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Absolutely not, running back isn't a valuable position you can get similar production from guys in the 5th round.

Just look at what probably the best all-around back in the league (McCaffrey) netted the Panthers in a trade: late 2nd, 3rd, 4th. The Titans are shopping the best between the tackles workhorse back in Henry, and they're going be lucky if they get a package that matches that.

Even if he's the best back in the league, he's not worth a top 10 pick especially not for a team with as many holes as the Bears. We need to address both lines, games are won and lost in the trenches.

I regretfully agree with this. Regretful because I do think the Bears of all teams should be sniffing for a RB GOAT like we used to (because it's not like we got in the habit of finding QBs and WRs as offensive score makers instead of RBs).

But not this year and probably not that player.

Shots at those types of players are for when you have a team and can afford to miss on your 1st round picks. With RBs a very likely injury can put a stop to the career even if you got the right player.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The team that has the luxury to draft Bijan Robinson, due to their strong roster, is Philadelphia.