Bijan Robinson

36special

Liked Posts:
Does anyone like him first pick at 9 per walterfootball, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. plus he's an elite receiver and they have him as their first pick. if Poles fixes the OL in FA he could be dynamic paired with Fields
I'd be happy with this. For the most part teams have to game plan for elite RB's and having two in Justin Fields and Bijan would make a ton of sense. This would also make it easier for Fields to get the rock to our new, better than average WR's and TE. Could be an explosive combo.

Running takes pressure off the defense as well.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with this. For the most part teams have to game plan for elite RB's and having two in Justin Fields and Bijan would make a ton of sense. This would also make it easier for Fields to get the rock to our new, better than average WR's and TE. Could be an explosive combo.

Running takes pressure off the defense as well.
I keep hearing Cowboys at 26.

Bendtackle

Liked Posts:
And to that, the OL has pieces. Huge weakness at C if fixed would work miracles on the interior, then if they grab McGlinchey the OL is very solid.

There are 3 picks in the 2nd/early 3rd with a lot of talent as well.

9 Not being OL is not the end of the world.
Texas image
Bijan Robinson*, RB, Texas
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215. Arm: 31.13. Hand: 9.75.
Official 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2023): Top-16.

View Ranking History
3/11/23: In 2022, Robinson averaged 6.1 yards per carry for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also brought in 19 receptions for 314 yards and two scores. Robinson is potentially the best player in the 2023 NFL Draft, and pro teams think he has rare ability and superstar potential. Sources from around the league say Robinson is the only prospect who received an elite grade and is the consensus highest-graded player for the 2023 NFL Draft. Robinson gave proof of that with a tremendous showing at the NFL Scouting Combine.
As we reported in the Hot Press, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. Here is what one area scout shared with WalterFootball.com:

"It's rare that the best pure runner is also the best pure receiver; that's what makes Bijan unique," said an area scout. "He can legitimately go run routes like a true receiver. His skill set is more Marshall Faulk than any of those guys. Saquon can obviously win in the passing game, but he's not out running routes like Reggie Bush (Bijan does). His ball skills are as good as the top receivers in this class.

"There are other runners on his level or even a notch better, but you're talking about the elite of every class, even on that alone. You can realistically run the offense thru him because he's in on every situation as your RB1, 1-2nd Down, 2 minute, 4 minute. He's more advanced all around than [Reggie] Bush, Joe Mixon, Saquon, Zeke. McCaffrey would have been like that had he been 215 pounds like Bijan. You have to go back to Faulk to find an elite runner and receiver like Bijan."

Scout says hes best receiver in whole draft. Id be happy with him at 9.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Texas image
Bijan Robinson*, RB, Texas
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215. Arm: 31.13. Hand: 9.75.
Official 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2023): Top-16.

View Ranking History
3/11/23: In 2022, Robinson averaged 6.1 yards per carry for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also brought in 19 receptions for 314 yards and two scores. Robinson is potentially the best player in the 2023 NFL Draft, and pro teams think he has rare ability and superstar potential. Sources from around the league say Robinson is the only prospect who received an elite grade and is the consensus highest-graded player for the 2023 NFL Draft. Robinson gave proof of that with a tremendous showing at the NFL Scouting Combine.
As we reported in the Hot Press, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. Here is what one area scout shared with WalterFootball.com:

Scout says hes best receiver in whole draft. Id be happy with him at 9.
That’s such a silly thing to say. RBs don’t catch passes or run routes 20+ yards down the field regularly. And if they do, they have a LB covering them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bijans gonna fall boys.

Bears will secure their franchise tackle at #9, and then trade up to take bijan in the mid 20's.

You heard it here first!

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
If you want to impress me with a college RB it has to show something special not a RB running untouched through swiss cheese college defense. All that tells me is he can find holes. Montgomery could do that in the NFL and he didn't cost a #9.
I want to see defenses that are good enough to touch the RB and the RB who is slippery enough to get away. Simply having vision and speed can be found later.
I'm pretty sure what I saw in Etienne in real college games were times he should've went down but he stayed up and moving.

Here’s another then breaking tackles.. listen to that *Crack* as he runs over a guy at 1:07…

And this was from TWO seasons ago as a Freshman.

This guy should be the pick.. gonna be one of the greats.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Bijans gonna fall boys.

Bears will secure their franchise tackle at #9, and then trade up to take bijan in the mid 20's.

You heard it here first!
What are they going to give up to get back into the 1st round??

Yogi

Liked Posts:
He's probably going to be BPA unless Carter falls, so he'd be my pick at 9.

And while you can get a serviceable RB later on, the truly elite ones that stay at the top of the league year after year are still mostly the blue chip prospects.

4 of the 5 RBs picked in the Top 10 in the last 8 drafts have led the league in rushing or yards from scrimmage at least once, and have been 1st Team All Pro 4 of the last 7 seasons (the other 3 winners were Henry, Taylor and Jacobs, all 1st-2nd rounders).

And looking back further, 14 of the 23 1st All Pro RBs since 2000 have been 1st rounders- I'd be surprised if there's another position that dominated by top picks.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Here’s another then breaking tackles.. listen to that *Crack* as he runs over a guy at 1:07…

And this was from TWO seasons ago as a Freshman.

This guy should be the pick.. gonna be one of the greats.

That film is absolutely more like what I want to see to convince me on a RB. Although that spine bending leap was scary for someone who watched Knox's career end. But it's still a luxury pick.

There would have to be some fancy trade down trade up moves made to get him and do what we need. We can't ignore Fields again or we'll be trading the 2 firsts plus some next year to get a QB when we may not have to. Fields it too unproven to give a contract to without seeing it.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Bijans gonna fall boys.

You heard it here first!
Love your way of thinking outside the box, we have extra picks to pull it off. He would take pressure off Fields if the OL is fixed in FA and would help keep the offense on the field to protect our suspect defense, it's not a one-year rebuild. Add BPA in every round

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The last Texas rb we drafted was an incredible bust for the Bears
So you’re assuming Robinson will be a bust if the Bears draft him?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
a rb at 9? do yall hear yourselves.

just put old man velus in the backfield if you want to exploit matchups vs slower lb/s through the air

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cried on Draft Day, had a feeling it might be downhill from there
We had a great running back already. He then held out and the rest is history

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
We had a great running back already. He then held out and the rest is history
Thomas Jones baby! Benson was such a headcase not to mention the multiple drunk boating incidents.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thomas Jones baby! Benson was such a headcase not to mention the multiple drunk boating incidents.
And all the while Aaron was sitting there for the taking. The Bears could of traded down and still got him. I can only imagine what the rivalry would had been if we drafted him. They thought Rex Grossman was the answer.