Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
if it were me, I’d rather not take a running back at #9.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
That’s such a silly thing to say. RBs don’t catch passes or run routes 20+ yards down the field regularly. And if they do, they have a LB covering them.
That is interesting. So, let’s play this out.

A LB covers Bijan. Who do you think wins that battle?

I have no idea how anyone would scheme for Fields and Bijan at the mesh with D.J. motherfucking Moore on a route.

Value head motherfuckers all be like, I don’t value winning. I don’t value getting a superstar. I’d rather draft. DE from Clemson who doesn’t get sacks or. Hockey dude from Iowa with no bend. Fucking kidding me.

Bijan should easily be the pick at 9.

Qb Fields
RB Bijan
Y Mooney
Z/Slot DJ Moore
TE Kmet
X Claypool

That sounds sexy as fuck. It’s absolutely insane that people think Bijan is just a rb.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There are bigger holes to fill at #9. OL, DL……MLB.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Is who you pass over in favor of an edge rusher.
Aren’t you cheeky?!? No.
That film is absolutely more like what I want to see to convince me on a RB. Although that spine bending leap was scary for someone who watched Knox's career end. But it's still a luxury pick.

There would have to be some fancy trade down trade up moves made to get him and do what we need. We can't ignore Fields again or we'll be trading the 2 firsts plus some next year to get a QB when we may not have to. Fields it too unproven to give a contract to without seeing it.
Taking a DE or OL and leaving Bijan is ignoring Fields. He needs weapons. We can get OL in FA, probably tomorrow.
a rb at 9? do yall hear yourselves.

just put old man velus in the backfield if you want to exploit matchups vs slower lb/s through the air
Yes. A very good RB that is a better WR than probably every WR in this draft. Yeah. You take him.
if it were me, I’d rather not take a running back at #9.
Glad it’s not. People valuing positions like some in here scout helmets. Please.

You can’t put a price on playmakers, especially superstar potential players like Bijan.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Love your way of thinking outside the box, we have extra picks to pull it off. He would take pressure off Fields if the OL is fixed in FA and would help keep the offense on the field to protect our suspect defense, it's not a one-year rebuild. Add BPA in every round

We really do. Draft sims I've done since the trade has me wasting picks while filling in the sim's needs that I think could be covered in FA or are no longer a need since the trade.

So you’re assuming Robinson will be a bust if the Bears draft him?

That is the scariest thing about Bears fans. Can't ever draft a WR high again, there's Kevin White. Can't ever draft a RB again, there's Benson.
Of course they never apply that to defense.

What, you think we should get a DE in the draft??? Gaines Adams died after 10 games and one year on the team! Are you nuts?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Aren’t you cheeky?!? No.

Taking a DE or OL and leaving Bijan is ignoring Fields. He needs weapons. We can get OL in FA, probably tomorrow.

Yes. A very good RB that is a better WR than probably every WR in this draft. Yeah. You take him.

Glad it’s not. People valuing positions like some in here scout helmets. Please.

You can’t put a price on playmakers, especially superstar potential players like Bijan.
I still would rather not take a running back at #9. Comparing him to Ced Benson, I believe Ced had better stats as a runner as was not that far behind as a receiver out of the backfield. I’ll stand by my statement that I would rather not take any rb at #9 in this draft.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didn’t we trade for gaines adams from jacksonville?

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:
BPA

If that's a DL, RB, OL, etc...Pick the BEST PLAYER on BEARS BOARD at #9
If, they have a big group of guys at #9 that they feel they can get a few spots down then TRADE #9

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Hopefully. That's what I'd be doing. I don't think LT will be as affordable in FA but if it is and he's quality I love the idea.

I've said I was someone who wants another superstar RB. If anything is Bears Footbaw a super star RB is it. The problem is the reason that is Bears Footbaw is because they used to realize they needed someone to score on offense while ignoring the QB and WRs. I want my QB/WR cake and eat it too.

I think if low rounds are perfectly fine for pass protection they are also perfectly fine for pass rush. I'll go do a draft sim right now and make this work.

Want him? I'm fine with it especially since seeing his freshman video (even though I'd rather have kept Trubisky going another year and got Etienne if a star RB is what we're doing but that's just because I saw Etienne playing while it happened). Just be sure to take that position from the defensive side or possibly WR.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I still would rather not take a running back at #9. Comparing him to Ced Benson, I believe Ced had better stats as a runner as was not that far behind as a receiver out of the backfield. I’ll stand by my statement that I would rather not take any rb at #9 in this draft.

i know a thing or two about RB. Im like the resident RB expert. Would I take Bijan at 9? Nope.

He runs buttery smooth, great feet. def has talent but Im not seeing "IT" . What is this "IT", IDK, but i only watched one highlight tape. My days of charting plays are ova. Bears needs some fucking beef on the O/D lines. RB can wait. I'd rather see another WR/TE targeted before a RB.

The game is different these days. Maybe a decade or two ago, Id take him at 9. Better fit for traffic and tighter offensive fits. Other backs like Gibbs, Keaton etc thrive in space. RPO bodies.. Keaton might get broken.. same size iirc as the bears former COD expert.. If I had my way, Velus would be getting reps at RB.. Decent reactionary runner... sus hands and hester diagnosing at this point as a WR

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm OK with that. I confused Etienne's team and DJ Moore's team because they're both cats.
What i remember about that phase (and RIP Adams) is that lovie thought he could convert dbs at will between corner and safety, never mind defensive end.

That is to say, everything went to shit once rivera left and lovie appointed babich as his dc puppet

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What i remember about that phase (and RIP Adams) is that lovie thought he could convert dbs at will between corner and safety, never mind defensive end.

That is to say, everything went to shit once rivera left and lovie appointed babich as his dc puppet

I couldn't remember the name at all. I thought the trade was made and he died before stepping on our field. I was shocked when I found out it was Adams going through off field news around those years. I remember a pretty big impact for only playing 10 games.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I couldn't remember the name at all. I thought the trade was made and he died before stepping on our field. I was shocked when I found out it was Adams going through off field news around those years. I remember a pretty big impact for only playing 10 games.
Yep very sad turn of events

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That is interesting. So, let’s play this out.

A LB covers Bijan. Who do you think wins that battle?

I have no idea how anyone would scheme for Fields and Bijan at the mesh with D.J. motherfucking Moore on a route.

Value head motherfuckers all be like, I don’t value winning. I don’t value getting a superstar. I’d rather draft. DE from Clemson who doesn’t get sacks or. Hockey dude from Iowa with no bend. Fucking kidding me.

Bijan should easily be the pick at 9.

Qb Fields
RB Bijan
Y Mooney
Z/Slot DJ Moore
TE Kmet
X Claypool

That sounds sexy as fuck. It’s absolutely insane that people think Bijan is just a rb.
Put a CB on him and see how much better a receiver than the WRs in the draft are.

It’s a totally different position with different skills sets. I doubt Robinson is out there setting routes on defenders like a WR does.

Yeah sure he’s the best receiving RB in the draft. But he’s not the best receiver in the entire draft lol

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Put a CB on him and see how much better a receiver than the WRs in the draft are.

It’s a totally different position with different skills sets. I doubt Robinson is out there setting routes on defenders like a WR does.

Yeah sure he’s the best receiving RB in the draft. But he’s not the best receiver in the entire draft lol
I’m looking forward to seeing him do to CBs what CMC does. I fully expect to see Bijan moved around to the Y or X and take a CB one on one and do to his ass the same thing Chilies did to yours last week.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I may not agree with you on this one bit, but at least you’re consistent.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some say Bijan isn't on the elite prospect level of Saquan Barkley, but his RAS and combine scores are pretty high (3rd highest of ALL prospects at 6.84).

1678703262120.png

That said, even Saquon only has 2 healthy seasons to show for his high value selection. RBs are devalued for this reason, among others.

I also love D Monty's game and think he deserves a half-decent OL for once in his career. That said, Bijan is probably better in many areas except broken tackles and those extra dirty yards (where Monty set all-time NCAA rushing records for yards after contract - a trend that has continued in CHI).

Bijan is a luxury, no 2 ways about it. Maaaaybe IF they trade down into the 20s and he's still there for value, as they'd have a couple extra few picks in 2nd-4th to use on needs where the draft is deep.