Bijan Robinson

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Even elite backs aren’t worth it. Look at Saquon and Elliott. At most, they’re a nice piece.

Bears need 3-4 new OL starters this offseason. Build from the inside-out.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Even elite backs aren’t worth it. Look at Saquon and Elliott. At most, they’re a nice piece.

What if we had got Etienne instead of Moore? I bet that would've been an instant no from them.

(edit) Oops, Panthers Jaguars. One those cat teams. I'm leaving this because it's funny.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Yeah. In Free Agency.

Nobody is saying not to get OL. The fact people think we should draft a new OL this year is hilarious. Over 90 million reasons say we get some good OL this offseason.

You can’t put a price on playmakers. The value Bijan would bring is worth way more than any argument that rejects RB. Bijan would bring the O.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The question is: what player at #9 would most improve the team, taking into account who will be signed in free agency?

Warbird199

Liked Posts:
Bears need to triple down on offensive playmakers to compete with the elite offenses in this league to keep defenses guessing. jsn or bijan would bring them there. This rebuild will take more than one year. Plenty of later picks and cap space to fill other holes including two 1st rounders next year.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's an elite RB, some say generational. But we are not one player (or RB) away from winning. We need lots of things. I'd go OL/DL before RB. And we have some good RBs already on the team.

Reactions: Myk

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
An elite RB next to Fields is absolutely tantalizing. He's got the weapons at WR to succeed, and having an elite RB would be fun to see. Would you rather have Bijan or a top tier OL (1st pick) + a good RB from FA or later in the draft? I'm taking the offensive lineman and a lesser RB. They really just need to put together a great line for Fields.

Most agree this team can't be fixed in one off-season. However, they can completely fix the offense if they put together a good offensive line.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
His burst absolutely jumps off the screen. It would be incredible to grab him and have Poles find good OL in the late 2nd. I have to imagine a dynamic player like this won't make it into the 20s of the first round.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's all about value. I would approve of using a late 2nd/early 3rd on a player with that kind of explosiveness but hell to the no at #9.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He's supposed to be better than both

and they need 2 new starters on the line, not 4

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Bears? Actually Seahawks.
Exactly, 9 years ago was the last time that won the super bowl had an elite RB and that team was carried by one of the best defenses of all time. The last time before that was 23 years ago Marshall Faulk and "the greatest show on turf" and a team lead by one of the best passing attacks of all-time.

Again it's just not important in the modern NFL, because the short shelf life of a RB, the high injury risk, and depth at the position that can be found in later rounds. Any GM drafting a RB in the top 10 in this day and age should immediately be fired. There's a reason the Giants didn't give Saquon an extension.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Everyone talking paper Tiger stuff… positional value, other backs later can produce, ect..

Nah! Watch this damn highlight and how he CONSTANTLY makes defenders miss in small areas, and miss BIG keeping him moving at full speed to rip of huge runs. The dude is going to be next level special and (with FA / 2nd rounds picks on OL) would make this offense special.

Take Bijan because he is different.

He will be better than Elliott was, better than Saquan, he’ll be the best back in the league for the next 5-7 years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
His burst absolutely jumps off the screen. It would be incredible to grab him and have Poles find good OL in the late 2nd. I have to imagine a dynamic player like this won't make it into the 20s of the first round.
I think Philly at 10 is the spot. They can afford to use a pick on a RB there and Miles Sanders is a FA.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If you want to impress me with a college RB it has to show something special not a RB running untouched through swiss cheese college defense. All that tells me is he can find holes. Montgomery could do that in the NFL and he didn't cost a #9.
I want to see defenses that are good enough to touch the RB and the RB who is slippery enough to get away. Simply having vision and speed can be found later.
I'm pretty sure what I saw in Etienne in real college games were times he should've went down but he stayed up and moving.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone like him first pick at 9 per walterfootball, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. plus he's an elite receiver and they have him as their first pick. if Poles fixes the OL in FA he could be dynamic paired with Fields
I'll be the first to tell you RBs are a dime a dozen..........but this guy is the next Big Thing. Would not fault any team for drafting him as high as they want to.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The last Texas rb we drafted was an incredible bust for the Bears

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Bijan seems like a dumb pick to me.

We already have the most effective runner in the league.

Herbert was also pretty elite with his touches.

We can/should upgrade Montgomery, but you don't need Bijan Robinson to do that.