Bijan Robinson

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
The OL will look a lot different in 5 days..
And to that, the OL has pieces. Huge weakness at C if fixed would work miracles on the interior, then if they grab McGlinchey the OL is very solid.

There are 3 picks in the 2nd/early 3rd with a lot of talent as well.

9 Not being OL is not the end of the world.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Absolutely not, running back isn't a valuable position you can get similar production from guys in the 5th round.

Just look at what probably the best all-around back in the league (McCaffrey) netted the Panthers in a trade: late 2nd, 3rd, 4th. The Titans are shopping the best between the tackles workhorse back in Henry, and they're going be lucky if they get a package that matches that.

Even if he's the best back in the league, he's not worth a top 10 pick especially not for a team with as many holes as the Bears. We need to address both lines, games are won and lost in the trenches.
The McCaffery dig isn't the flex you think it is. McCaffery going to the 49ers was what made San Fran legit Super Bowl contenders. He was clearly the catalyst for their offense.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
The McCaffery dig isn't the flex you think it is. McCaffery going to the 49ers was what made San Fran legit Super Bowl contenders. He was clearly the catalyst for their offense.
Name the last Super Bowl winner that had a pro bowl running back. Hell, name all the winners in the past 20 years that had an even above average running back? It doesn't matter who plays running back, it's not a valuable position.

Last edited:

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
i get that line of thinking but there's good production and then there's elite production. thats just another player on offense that demands attention and that helps everyone else
He's elite plus he's one of the best slot receivers out there

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't take him at 9, but if they were to trade down again a couple of spots, I would. They could then trade back into the first round and take the DT from PIT.

Robinson and Kancey would be a nice haul.

If Paris Johnson or Tyree Wilson are available at 9, I'd rather they keep the pick.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Name the last Super Bowl winner that had a pro bowl running back. Hell, name all the winners in the past 20 years that had an even above average running back? It doesn't matter who plays running back, it's not a valuable position.
Respectfully disagree. If a RB can get ya 1500 total yards and 15 TDs, he’s a valuable component to the team.

Teams win the SB based off different factors. Mahomes didn’t need an elite RB (he has that elite TE).

I agree it has become a passing league, but at the end of the day it’s about production, regardless of position.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Ok, so then go Lukas Van Ness at #9 and either Schmidt or Avila in the 2nd.
Yeah that would be much better in my mind than Skoronski at 9. Or even trade down to 12ish and still grab Van Ness and go schmidt or Avila in 2nd.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Van Ness? What in the heck is with all this Van Ness hype?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah that would be much better in my mind than Skoronski at 9. Or even trade down to 12ish and still grab Van Ness and go schmidt or Avila in 2nd.
It'll become clearer after (whenever) FA starts. I've been a big fan of drafting an OT and an IOL in the first two rounds. If Poles signs McGlinchey or the guy from Atlanta, then I think DL is your best bet.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of the DL from Northwestern.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It'll become clearer after (whenever) FA starts. I've been a big fan of drafting an OT and an IOL in the first two rounds. If Poles signs McGlinchey or the guy from Atlanta, then I think DL is your best bet.

Bears have a bunch of interesting options at DL with their late 2nds early 3rds - could definitely see them grabbing the NW guy Asomethignsomethign with one of them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bears have a bunch of interesting options at DL with their late 2nds early 3rds - could definitely see them grabbing the NW guy Asomethignsomethign with one of them.
Should the Bears draft him he will definitely need a nickname.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

1678552426640.png

msadows

Liked Posts:
The OL is the worst in the league that could run block well but couldn't give Fields 2 seconds to throw--and got the bears to pick #1 overall, and RB is the need that'll put them over the top when they got production from a guy they brought in off the street in Darrynton Evans after Monty and Herbert?

Worst OL in football and some want to draft a RB top 10. That's quintessential bears--and especially football stupid.

There are FA lineman.

You are acting like this team is going to have the same starting 5, lol.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone like him first pick at 9 per walterfootball, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. plus he's an elite receiver and they have him as their first pick. if Poles fixes the OL in FA he could be dynamic paired with Fields
No. Not a fan of drafting a RB with a top 10 pick.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would we draft Adrian Peterson at 9 if he was available? That's what you have to ask yourself. Is this guy the next Adrian Peterson? And if he is not, then you don't draft him that high. It's as simple as that.