Bill Barnwell trashes Bears Oline

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Halle has that Skin Diamond body. Or maybe it's the other way around.

I think she had a slightly bigger booty in BAPS; if anyone remembers that movie.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Barnwell does not like the Bears. He really doesn’t like Pace.

The Bears OL has 4 solid players and a 2nd round pick.

Not sure I see a bad OL.
Bears were not even the worst OL last year. Though I have questions about this line,you just have to see how it plays out.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Barnwell predicted Fields could break single season fumble record partially because bears oline on paper is worst of the bunch.

I guess I don't get that the Bears are getting trashed when they've actually made moves to try to improve the oline whereas Pittsburgh seemingly gets a pass when that oline is far and away the worst in the league on paper and has got worse at every single spot across the line. Most people are even projecting a huge year from Najee as if that oline is a non factor.
It's real simple the Bears do not have a proven tackle on the roster, period.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I just can't imagine anyone not looking to Pitts oline as the worst on paper in the league. I know the bears could have issues, but there is much more hope with the bears line.

Why do some of you wimps get so bent out of shape about somebody's opinion?

Who cares? It's almost as dumb as anybody caring about what teams Joe Lunardi has in his bracket projection!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Why do some of you wimps get so bent out of shape about somebody's opinion?

Who cares? It's almost as dumb as anybody caring about what teams Joe Lunardi has in his bracket projection!
I honestly don't care if people rip the bears oline. They may be right. Just seems like a lot of people are ignoring Pittsburghs line looks historically awful to me

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate to tell people this, but... the only thing the Bears did with the Oline is replace Charles Leno with a rookie. Nothing else has been upgraded. If anything, while he may not been worth the money he would have made, Leno was the most durable Oline men the Bears had. All the other projected starters missed time last year, and it seems the team Mustipher at Center, if they seem to be running Bars on the first unit and Whitehair at Center.

For all we know, Jenkins could be an upgrade over Leno and an All pro Lt waiting to burst out, but at the end of the day you are an injury or two away from having another rookie or worse scraps and 2nd 3rd string level Oline men starting again.

So unproven rookie LT
A guard playing Tackle,
A guard playing Center.
A guard coming off an ACL injury.
And last, a guard who has been mostly considered a practice squad player until this year.

This line is unproven and 3 players are considered out of position, considering Jenkins historically plays more like a right tackle then left.

That said I hope the Bears can be a top 15, or top 10 Oline this year, but I think think is still a work in progress, and we as a team still lack pieces there. Getting a guy like Jenkins is a step in the right direction, but I feel more steps maybe needed.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I hate to tell people this, but... the only thing the Bears did with the Oline is replace Charles Leno with a rookie. Nothing else has been upgraded. If anything, while he may not been worth the money he would have made, Leno was the most durable Oline men the Bears had. All the other projected starters missed time last year, and it seems the team Mustipher at Center, if they seem to be running Bars on the first unit and Whitehair at Center.

For all we know, Jenkins could be an upgrade over Leno and an All pro Lt waiting to burst out, but at the end of the day you are an injury or two away from having another rookie or worse scraps and 2nd 3rd string level Oline men starting again.

So unproven rookie LT
A guard playing Tackle,
A guard playing Center.
A guard coming off an ACL injury.
And last, a guard who has been mostly considered a practice squad player until this year.

This line is unproven and 3 players are considered out of position, considering Jenkins historically plays more like a right tackle then left.

That said I hope the Bears can be a top 15, or top 10 Oline this year, but I think think is still a work in progress, and we as a team still lack pieces there. Getting a guy like Jenkins is a step in the right direction, but I feel more steps maybe needed.
What was the point up there about Whitehair/Mustipher? Wording is confusing but everything I've seen indicates mustipher is likely to be the center.

Also who is the guard coming off an ACL injury?

I agree the line is still a big question mark.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
as it has been since 2005 lol (arguably 2006 I guess)

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It's real simple the Bears do not have a proven tackle on the roster, period.
Exactly. Massie was bad to mediocre and Leno sucked but the line will only be as good as the replacements are. I’m excited to see how jenkens does but who is fight to play RT? People act like that’s not important.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No and my name is Vick and I am literally American not Grecian.
And he likes it. He litereally wants to see more, not less. He's coming back for seconds if he gets put on the berry drip.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the experts thought our projected RT could step in on day one and be a dominant LT I guarantee he would not fall to the second round.

I think Ifedi allows you to try, and we have little other options including what would have been where Leno is at right now. Thats not the bar, thats not even Leno's bar.

TJ will fight, and he will have good and bad moments and take alot more media shit and fan blame than he probably will deserve. Its really up to Nagy to call plays that will work with what we have, aren't predictable to either side, and in the end probably have to use a mobile QB like the one we drafted to roll right and left and drop back in equal portions.

At least TJ fits the offense and can either pass or block from either the left or right side.

I have little faith in the o-line for 2021, I hope Dalton takes most of the heat, and I hope by 2023 the o-line is starting to become a dominant force. I think you can build around TJ and Whitehair, and weirdly the center from Yale will become a stalwart.

If Daniels was able to get bigger as reported than I wouldn't count him out. Not sure if he is a contributer or a 16 game starter, might not have the frame to be pro-bowler but he knows what he is doing and works. He's good to have around at cost as long as that lasts but I wouldn't blame him for checking out other scenery that is less chaotic and has a specific role for him....probably becomes a dominant center later in career for a passing offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the experts thought our projected RT could step in on day one and be a dominant LT I guarantee he would not fall to the second round.

I think Ifedi allows you to try, and we have little other options including what would have been where Leno is at right now. Thats not the bar, thats not even Leno's bar.

TJ will fight, and he will have good and bad moments and take alot more media shit and fan blame than he probably will deserve. Its really up to Nagy to call plays that will work with what we have, aren't predictable to either side, and in the end probably have to use a mobile QB like the one we drafted to roll right and left and drop back in equal portions.

At least TJ fits the offense and can either pass or block from either the left or right side.

I have little faith in the o-line for 2021, I hope Dalton takes most of the heat, and I hope by 2023 the o-line is starting to become a dominant force. I think you can build around TJ and Whitehair, and weirdly the center from Yale will become a stalwart.

If Daniels was able to get bigger as reported than I wouldn't count him out. Not sure if he is a contributer or a 16 game starter, might not have the frame to be pro-bowler but he knows what he is doing and works. He's good to have around at cost as long as that lasts but I wouldn't blame him for checking out other scenery that is less chaotic and has a specific role for him....probably becomes a dominant center later in career for a passing offense.
I'm a little more optimistic than you are but guardedly so. The LT bar is low and we can help TJ on passing downs if required. He will definitely improve the run blocking. If his pass blocking isn't up to LT standards, at least he'll have less ole' blocks that kill your QB than Leno did. I suspect he'll fit Castillo's coaching well with a less passive mirror technique than he was taught in college. He still needs to accomplish the task at this level. We'll know soon enough if he can mirror and outside speed rush.

Daniels is a big improvement over anyone else we had at RG last year. Whitehair is in his best spot and it's good to have the most seasoned vet that was a top college LT next to the rook. Ifedi was actually pretty good at RT last year after a fail at RG. Fingers crossed on that one as he's history has been meh. Mustipher solidified the line but wasn't stout enough last year. The work he's done this off season plus reps should noticeable help that.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sheesh, "It's gotta be better than Leno."

Our standards are so low.

I'm glad a few more posters are voicing concerns over the oline. We'll see what happens, but like another poster stated...it's the same crappy oline with unknowns at OT.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Sheesh, "It's gotta be better than Leno."

Our standards are so low.

I'm glad a few more posters are voicing concerns over the oline. We'll see what happens, but like another poster stated...it's the same crappy oline with unknowns at OT.
Also people assuming he can't be worse than Leno just because are wrong. I very much dislike Leno, but there is obviously a reason he still has a job and it somewhat valued by other nfl teams

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also people assuming he can't be worse than Leno just because are wrong. I very much dislike Leno, but there is obviously a reason he still has a job and it somewhat valued by other nfl teams
thats actually a good point. As much as we think the bar is low...it might be a tall hurdle for most rookies.