Donator
Liked Posts:
#81 going into the rafters Sunday.
Fuckin A rawr rawr!!!

Granada

Liked Posts:
#81 going into the rafters Sunday.
Fuckin A rawr rawr!!!
Evidently, they're starting the ceremony at like 4 pm, according to a podcast I forget now. I hope it's televised, but it's weird they're doing it so early; it's not going to be like it usually is -- a small ceremony right before the game. That same podcast opined that Foley might emcee, which would be fantastic.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So it will actually be Edzo emceeing Hoss' retirement. They had Hossa in between periods on TNT and he requested Edzo himself, which Edzo accepted. I'm sure the org. is just thrilled about that, lol.

This is the Blackhawks teams we were all expecting last night. If they continue to play the way they did yesterday, we'll have a good shot at Bedard.

Athanisiou with a beautiful goal last night. Tazer was a monster on faceoffs. Soderblom swims too much.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So it will actually be Edzo emceeing Hoss' retirement. They had Hossa in between periods on TNT and he requested Edzo himself, which Edzo accepted. I'm sure the org. is just thrilled about that, lol.

This is the Blackhawks teams we were all expecting last night. If they continue to play the way they did yesterday, we'll have a good shot at Bedard.

Athanisiou with a beautiful goal last night. Tazer was a monster on faceoffs. Soderblom swims too much.
...and Caleb Jones is to Seth Jones and Keith Seabrook is to Brent Seabrook.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Kaplan leaving NBC Chicago. Not sure where this goes and doesn't need a thread.

Not really sad about this. I know he has fans and I'm not a hater but it's not a big loss for me.

Comcast hemorrhaging money from the top and this is just another move from them to cut expensive employees.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is spot on
Easy there guys...Caleb is a NHL dman, Keith never was. Caleb is right now playing out of pairing and being thrust in bigger situations which can only benefit him in the future.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kaplan leaving NBC Chicago. Not sure where this goes and doesn't need a thread.

Not really sad about this. I know he has fans and I'm not a hater but it's not a big loss for me.

Comcast hemorrhaging money from the top and this is just another move from them to cut expensive employees.
Same. I never hated him. Honestly, I miss his one show Sportstalk Live (Chicago Tribune Live). Wonder who they'll get to replace him for Bears Postgame. Is Pat Boyle next? That's like the only two they got left over there.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Easy there guys...Caleb is a NHL dman, Keith never was. Caleb is right now playing out of pairing and being thrust in bigger situations which can only benefit him in the future.
Nah, he's just not good. The best he'll ever be is 3rd tandem D-man, if that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, he's just not good. The best he'll ever be is 3rd tandem D-man, if that.
Not exactly sure what future he's speaking about.....pretty good guess is that he's here because of his brother and that he's nothing more than a placeholder. I was looking at the Hawks game stats and CJones was a -5 vs the Blues. WOW. You really have to have the lethal combination of bad play and bad luck to be -5. What ever future he has....I hope it's not in Chicago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Evidently, they're starting the ceremony at like 4 pm, according to a podcast I forget now. I hope it's televised, but it's weird they're doing it so early; it's not going to be like it usually is -- a small ceremony right before the game. That same podcast opined that Foley might emcee, which would be fantastic.

Seems a bad idea to schedule in a traveling back to back.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's barely an NHL Dman. I can't fault him too much because in a club not decimated by beancounting and tanking, he wouldn't be slotted where he is.

He's failing as hard as Runblad or Gus defensively. I get the feeling that KD and LR were thinking either he plays well with more responsibility and we trade him out for futures, or he aids in the tank.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
How can you only have 18 shots on goal in an NHL game

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks nearly got a point but were saved by Crosby.
Whew!
How was Soderblum?

I watched the Bruins skate circles around us. Don’t let 6-1 fool you, Mahzrek played like a god for 35 minutes. Game could have seen 20 for the home side.

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hawks nearly got a point but were saved by Crosby.
Whew!
Sids still a treat to watch.

Outside of that first goal, you really can’t blame Soda on this one. The defense is non existent. A far cry from what they were just a few weeks ago. Sure you can say a lot of it is because Seth is out ( and honestly I think that’s the main reason but god knows how many ppl will be mad cuz they think he sucks) but there’s just too much meh right now.

McCabe looks lost most of the time, Caleb and Mitchell don’t belong in the NHL, and those lunch box types that were bringing the banging the first few weeks are already running on half used batteries.

If Kane and Toews are on one line, then this team has three fourth lines on a playoff contender and none for a Cup contender. This is the team KD wanted and the one we all knew they would be, so it’s whatever.

If Kane was smart he would give his list and get far the fuck away from this mess or just not accept any movement and play out the year here. Call me a loyalist but doing this to the two guys who put this franchise on their backs and pretty much forcing them out is a Dollar Bill type of move imo. For this rebuild to work they need two top ten picks this year or minimum a top three and a top 15 on top of a top three pick the year after, and even then, KD can milk picks out his ass taking bad contracts to get to the cap floor next year while we’re stuck having to watch one of the worst teams assembled.

Right now, I’m really not vibing with any move KD has made outside of getting Korchinski. Dachs slowly turning back into a pylon but it doesn’t matter since the guy we got for him is going to be a year behind on development.

(And for the record, I’m 100% in the resign Kane and Toews camp so they can play with Nazar and Bedard hopefully at some point)