Blackhawks Offseason Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Have to figure that Bolland gets traded, and Stalgod does not get re-signed due to Q's dislike for him. I am hoping that Bickell takes a hometown discount to stay, doubting it, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Montador and Olesz as the buyouts?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have to figure that Bolland gets traded, and Stalgod does not get re-signed due to Q's dislike for him. I am hoping that Bickell takes a hometown discount to stay, doubting it, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Montador and Olesz as the buyouts?
Bolded is what everyone seems to be calling for at this point. I could see Bolland getting traded and Stalgod definitely looks like he is out the door. Hopefully a few vets will take discounts for a chance to repeat and probably going to have to be kids to fill in the other spots.

We say this every year it seems, but it would be nice to pull a true second line center or a skilled big body forward. But those don't grow on trees and even less that would fit the cap situation the Hawks are in.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Bolded is what everyone seems to be calling for at this point. I could see Bolland getting traded and Stalgod definitely looks like he is out the door. Hopefully a few vets will take discounts for a chance to repeat and probably going to have to be kids to fill in the other spots.

We say this every year it seems, but it would be nice to pull a true second line center or a skilled big body forward. But those don't grow on trees and even less that would fit the cap situation the Hawks are in.

Yeah, Bolland doesn't really have a purpose on this roster anymore. Shaw does what Bolland does, at a much lower price.

I can see Rosi coming back next season after hearing him say that he signed with the Hawks last season because he really wanted to come here and play. He isn't going to cost too much, and fills the position of the #6 d-man very well.

I have to figure that one of the kids comes up next season with a chance to be the #2 center. As nice as it would be to sign a proven one, that likely won't be possible given the cap situation.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one thing I don't see him doing is bringing a bunch of old declining fossils to fill spots. Its one thing to do that at the deadline and something completely different in the off season. We'll see some of the kids before he goes down that road again.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really liked what Rosy brought here.

But, he needs to come back a hell of cheaper than his 2 mil.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
There will be some possible bargains on the market this year. This is a decent free agency year and the compliance buyouts are just going to increase the options.

While a 2c would be great, I just don't know if it is what the Blackhawks need to spend money on with a possible tight cap. Buyout of Montador/Olesz would clear up around $5mil and if they are able to trade Bolland (full cap hit) would free up another $3.375. The Blackhawks have been a top scoring team in the NHL over the last two years...and the whole time everyone has been clamoring for a 2c. While I understand that a 2c can help elsewhere (not just for scoring) I don't know if it is going to be money well spent with the way the Blackhawks are built. The depth and defense really came through for this team and clearly they are able to manufacture enough goals to be a deadly team.

Lecavalier and Richards are two possible buyout candidates that may be looking to get another cup chance if they are released. Plenty of other center options currently on the market (Weiss, Elias, Briere, etc) that could be options. Should be an interesting summer and things should get kicked off Sunday during the draft.

Personally, I'm not expecting any major splashes from Stan as it really isn't needed. Find a way to keep the depth on offense/defense and this team stands a chance again. Have to figure that players on the block this Sunday will involve Stalberg (ufa rights), Bickell (only depending on how far apart, but think the Hawks would want to keep him for the right price), Bolland (cap related) and then Leddy (Blackhawks may be too far apart on his worth and could get good value for him).

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Great moves by Bowman to get something for two solid players.

Have to prepare for Toews and Kane extensions next season, so I don't think much will made this offseason.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Jaeckel is reporting that the Hawks are in the works of re-signing Emery to a 3 yr 4.5 million dollar deal. Kuc is reporting that they are in negotiations, but didn't have any numbers. Not a terrible idea I suppose, and for a decent price. Also a deal that could be moved easily if he is playing decently.

Kuc is also reporting that they are working on a two year extension with Kruger. Get this done Stan!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jaeckel is reporting that the Hawks are in the works of re-signing Emery to a 3 yr 4.5 million dollar deal. Kuc is reporting that they are in negotiations, but didn't have any numbers. Not a terrible idea I suppose, and for a decent price. Also a deal that could be moved easily if he is playing decently.

Kuc is also reporting that they are working on a two year extension with Kruger. Get this done Stan!!

I'll bet Emery takes that deal. Great hockey environment in Chicago plus considering how much hockey Crawford has played in the last 6 months and the fact that there's such a short break until camp, he should get a decent amount of ice time next season. I was kind of hoping the Finnish kid would be ready this year though.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I'll bet Emery takes that deal. Great hockey environment in Chicago plus considering how much hockey Crawford has played in the last 6 months and the fact that there's such a short break until camp, he should get a decent amount of ice time next season. I was kind of hoping the Finnish kid would be ready this year though.

As much as I would like for the kid to be ready, I think that a year at the Rock would do him some good. Hell, if he is playing well down there next season, then they might be able to flip Emery at the deadline and bring him up. Emery's contract at that price would be low enough that some team would definitely take him.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 yr deal for Emery? I like the guy but no thanks.

I know it'd be a cheap contract but I just don't trust him to stay healthy, especially if Crow gets hurt.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
3 yr deal for Emery? I like the guy but no thanks.

I know it'd be a cheap contract but I just don't trust him to stay healthy, especially if Crow gets hurt.

Well in that case you'd have Raanta with some NA ice experience in the AHL. The 3 year resign aspect makes it sound highly possible that Craw won't be kept next year if Raanta and Emery have seasons to their potential.

I like the idea as long as Raanta doesn't mentally fizzle out like Salak because he's on a extremely young AHL team.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a great point. I kept asking myself, why 3 years? Were they planning on not resigning Crawford? I guess they are just keeping all their options open.....if the kid doesn't pan out or if Crawford gets greedy, they still have Emery.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Btw, general news I didn't hear before watching CSNs interview with Sharp.

Keith has a broken thumb and Seabs had some hand injury as well. Never saw that in any injury mentions.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Ray Emery very likely moving on from Chicago, looking for bigger role, chance at 1 or 1a spot. I'd put Philly as front-runner.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Ray Emery very likely moving on from Chicago, looking for bigger role, chance at 1 or 1a spot. I'd put Philly as front-runner.

Not a total loss. Bring in the kid and see what he can do in the backup role. He might need the experience depending on what happens with Crow after next year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a total loss. Bring in the kid and see what he can do in the backup role. He might need the experience depending on what happens with Crow after next year.

Maybe, maybe not. He's not exactly coming up from the Juniors. He's been playing in Finland's pro league for a couple of years. Granted, its not the NHL but it might be something similar to the American League.

Status
Not open for further replies.