hawkshit.gif

44-25-7, 95 points, 4th place in Western Conference

@

hockeygolf.jpg

37-28-11, 85, points, 8th place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:00 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720

The Hawks are officially playoff bound after Sunday's win over Vancouver. Who will they face in the first round? That largely falls on how these final six games play out. With the Hawks four points both St. Louis and Dallas, it appears home ice is out of the question. But with Nashville dropping a game last night, the Hawks are now four ahead of a wild card spot and a potential trip out west for the first round. They'd be wise to avoid that, but they'll need to bring it tonight, as their opponent is a Minnesota team desperately fighting for its own playoff life.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we skip this game on the schedule and just let someone else knock these cats out this year?

I'm happy to go out west. I'm tired of our division.

First round Kings before we get tenderized by Anaheim, Blues?

Shit...the Kings wouldn't believe what hit them.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks are officially playoff bound after Sunday's win over Vancouver. Who will they face in the first round? That largely falls on how these final six games play out. With the Hawks four points both St. Louis and Dallas, it appears home ice is out of the question. But with Nashville dropping a game last night, the Hawks are now four ahead of a wild card spot and a potential trip out west for the first round. They'd be wise to avoid that, but they'll need to bring it tonight, as their opponent is a Minnesota team desperately fighting for its own playoff life.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!
Not really.
I discussed this in the other GDT.
2013 The Preds and Hawks both had losing streaks to end the season. 4 points out and they own ROW against St. Louis.

Hawks play:
MIN, WIN, BOS, ARZ, STL, CLB 43 ROW
Blues play:
COL, BOS, COL, ARZ, CHI, WAS 40 ROW
Stars play:
NSH, ARZ, LAK, ANA, COL, NSH 43 ROW

Dallas is the team to catch, but the Capitals may put in AHL'ers for that final game against the Blues. My guess is the Hawks could go 4-1-1 to end the season, but will that be enough?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not really.
I discussed this in the other GDT.
2013 The Preds and Hawks both had losing streaks to end the season. 4 points out and they own ROW against St. Louis.

Hawks play:
MIN, WIN, BOS, ARZ, STL, CLB 43 ROW
Blues play:
COL, BOS, COL, ARZ, CHI, WAS 40 ROW
Stars play:
NSH, ARZ, LAK, ANA, COL, NSH 43 ROW

Dallas is the team to catch, but the Capitals may put in AHL'ers for that final game against the Blues. My guess is the Hawks could go 4-1-1 to end the season, but will that be enough?

The main reason for my pessimism is that the Blues or Stars would have to really bite it in six games, and the Hawks would have to take off in a big way to catch either of those teams. If the Stars and Blues just played 3-3 hockey in the final six, then the Hawks would have to go 5-1 just to get the tiebreaker. And with the Hawks largely coasting on their way to the playoffs, I'm not sure they can win 5 of 6. Maybe "not likely" was too strong but I'm also not expecting it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoping for three in a row with a win tonight.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's okay, Weise will always have the moment he caught that great play saving the perfect game of Buehrle

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The main reason for my pessimism is that the Blues or Stars would have to really bite it in six games, and the Hawks would have to take off in a big way to catch either of those teams. If the Stars and Blues just played 3-3 hockey in the final six, then the Hawks would have to go 5-1 just to get the tiebreaker. And with the Hawks largely coasting on their way to the playoffs, I'm not sure they can win 5 of 6. Maybe "not likely" was too strong but I'm also not expecting it.

If we're going to pass either team, it'll most likely be the Blues since we face them in our next to last game and can take two points from them, while earning two.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just looking for the following this game:

The D to play to at least an AHL level. Erhoff was good last game so keep it going.

Panarin to SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKING PUCK.

The G to play a solid game.

We've clinched, so I'm not expecting a knock-down-drag-out fight, but just not an embarrassment like the SS was.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just looking for the following this game:

The D to play to at least an AHL level. Erhoff was good last game so keep it going.

Panarin to SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKING PUCK.

The G to play a solid game.

We've clinched, so I'm not expecting a knock-down-drag-out fight, but just not an embarrassment like the SS was.

Dis is starting to drive me up the wall.... when you have the puck in the slot and have a clear shot on net, put the puck on net..... he passes and 9/10 times it is broken up and cleared out of the zone. Sometimes the perfect pass is there, but especially early in the game IMO he needs to put pucks on net.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Keith should be suspended for that. Careless and stupid. Could have easily caused a really bad injury.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...Nice job Keith.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time for Hjammer to show he carries his clockweights in a wheelbarrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk