Blackhawks @ Wild IGT 3/29 at 7:00 p.m.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im think Keith suspended rest of the regular season. rest him up alittle before the playoffs. not that its gonna matter much

:smd: You're that dick sucker that said Darling doesn't belong in the NHL.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
time for a peeeeecooooooooo powerplaaay

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit third period. Hawks aren't catching Blues/Stars and Preds most likely aren't catching the Hawks. Hawks have played more Hawky than any other team in the last three seasons. They need to rest some of their core players down the stretch so they're rested for the playoffs.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Shit third period. Hawks aren't catching Blues/Stars and Preds most likely aren't catching the Hawks. Hawks have played more Hawky than any other team in the last three seasons. They need to rest some of their core players down the stretch so they're rested for the playoffs.

I don't think the Blackhawks can afford to rest their players at this point. They are still jockeying for home ice (probably not going to happen) and not having to go out West for the first series (seriously could happen) but the biggest thing is that this team needs to get going. They need to come together as a team, start clicking, and start trending upwards as they move towards the playoffs. Only way to do that is make sure everyone (or mostly everyone) is out there playing and that they regain some of that lost chemistry.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That third period was not ideal.

Really thought that first period was going to be a turning point. Facing the adversity of a 5-minute PK, losing a two-time Norris winner for the game .. then they kill it AND put one in the net. Instead, same old song and dance.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not really.
I discussed this in the other GDT.
2013 The Preds and Hawks both had losing streaks to end the season. 4 points out and they own ROW against St. Louis.

Hawks play:
MIN, WIN, BOS, ARZ, STL, CLB 43 ROW
Blues play:
COL, BOS, COL, ARZ, CHI, WAS 40 ROW
Stars play:
NSH, ARZ, LAK, ANA, COL, NSH 43 ROW

Dallas is the team to catch, but the Capitals may put in AHL'ers for that final game against the Blues. My guess is the Hawks could go 4-1-1 to end the season, but will that be enough?

Think I'm writing it off completely now, with the Hawks losing and the other two teams winning. Six points back with five games left? Not seeing that comeback.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think I'm writing it off completely now, with the Hawks losing and the other two teams winning. Six points back with five games left? Not seeing that comeback.

tumblr_m6ektrAq151qamu0xo1_250.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think we can also write off Keith for the rest of the regular season. I also worry a bit about his availability for the first game or two of the postseason.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nope.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ditto here, I'm just not feelin' it.
I don't know if there's some locker room issue or what, but everything about the way they're playing and the effort seems different.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Blackhawks can afford to rest their players at this point. They are still jockeying for home ice (probably not going to happen) and not having to go out West for the first series (seriously could happen) but the biggest thing is that this team needs to get going. They need to come together as a team, start clicking, and start trending upwards as they move towards the playoffs. Only way to do that is make sure everyone (or mostly everyone) is out there playing and that they regain some of that lost chemistry.

AS I noted earlier we're not going to catch the stars/blues absent their complete meltdown and us rolling the table, and I don't see the preds catching us either.

I'd rather not have home ice against the stars or blues and be rested, then gain home ice against the blues or stars and go in dead-tired.

Keith's gonna get suspended, anyway, so he'll be rested.

...maybe they're not clicking right now because the core has played so much fucking hockey the last three years and a little rest, or less minutes per game is what they need to be fresh when the playoffs start.

I'll call Q and get back to you.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ditto here, I'm just not feelin' it.
I don't know if there's some locker room issue or what, but everything about the way they're playing and the effort seems different.

They might be tired, 3 regular seasons and 11 playoff series the last three years.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we can also write off Keith for the rest of the regular season. I also worry a bit about his availability for the first game or two of the postseason.

Don't see the suspension going into the playoffs. Still, dude's gotta learn to control his temper.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That third period was not ideal.

Really thought that first period was going to be a turning point. Facing the adversity of a 5-minute PK, losing a two-time Norris winner for the game .. then they kill it AND put one in the net. Instead, same old song and dance.

They're tired. By the third period they were getting beat to every puck. Doesn't help that Seabs & Duncs weren't there.

Boys need rest, rest, rest.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thinking that you know what discipline the league will throw down when they continually confuse the fan base with their off the wall judgments/discipline is silly. You could be right, but..................Who knows?

R K

Liked Posts:

NHL only goes back 18 months per the CBA. That would be "repeat". 1-4 games maybe. Although the NHL and consistency do not go hand in hand on anything they adjudicate.