Blackhawks @ Wild IGT 3/29 at 7:00 p.m.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Won't matter for repeat offender they only go back 18 months. High stick to Carter was in June 2013.

Sure, by definition he isn't a repeat offender but there is no doubt that it will be brought up and weighed in the final decision of how many games that Keith delivered an intentional stick to the face of Carter.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Won't matter for repeat offender they only go back 18 months. High stick to Carter was in June 2013.

Common math skills say Keith's prior won't matter then in the case of disciplinary action from the mumbo jumbo the league likes to throw down.

R K

Liked Posts:
Sure, by definition he isn't a repeat offender but there is no doubt that it will be brought up and weighed in the final decision of how many games that Keith delivered an intentional stick to the face of Carter.

i'm pretty sure for more than 5 games he'd have to fall within the 18 months.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just listening now to a few different analysts take on the Keith high stick. Craig Button (TSN) believes that Keith may be suspended into the playoffs.

Personally, I see Keith getting the rest of the regular season at least.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:dontsay:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
i'm pretty sure for more than 5 games he'd have to fall within the 18 months.

Being or not being a repeat offender has no bearing on if you can be suspended 5 games or more. Basically we will find out if 5+ games is on the table if Keith is offered an in person hearing.

R K

Liked Posts:
He's only been suspended twice in his 10 year NHL career so I'm not sure. I'd still say 1-4. Either way needless penalty from him and a very poor decision. He really put his team in a very difficult spot with Seabrook already out of the line up. That said 10 years, three discipline's, it's not habitual IMO.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sup brother. Livin the dream ya know.. How are you and the wife?

Could be better (health issues, long story), but thanks for asking. How's the wife and (adult) :) kids?

Edit: Ooops, I forget. Is it just one son or more?

R K

Liked Posts:
And I can't stand Craig Button. I might rather listen to No Check.

R K

Liked Posts:
Could be better (health issues, long story), but thanks for asking. How's the wife and (adult) :) kids?

Edit: Ooops, I forget. Is it just one son or more?

Older and still here. We are headed to Florida, hopefully by July, Wife's still the same. Sorry about the health issues man.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's only been suspended twice in his 10 year NHL career so I'm not sure. I'd still say 1-4. Either way needless penalty from him and a very poor decision. He really put his team in a very difficult spot with Seabrook already out of the line up. That said 10 years, three discipline's, it's not habitual IMO.

I'd agree with you on all points.

How are you feeling aboot the 4,5,6 D men going into the playoffs this year ?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's how often I've used smack. 3times in 10 years. ...ain't no habit, got it under control, K?

R K

Liked Posts:
I'd agree with you on all points.

How are you feeling aboot the 4,5,6 D men going into the playoffs this year ?

I'm thinking the core of this team needs something to play for. It seams they are just going through the motions. We do really miss Oduya, but that said I think there's enough there depending on health I suppose. And now what ever Duncan has brought down. They didn't exactly light it up last year at this time, in fact they lost the last four straight heading into the first round.

When we are down 3-1 or 3-2 or even tied 3-3, then I'll worry.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I can't stand Craig Button. I might rather listen to No Check.

Eddie works so hard to not be a homer, makes him suck more than he should, and Pat is such an Eddie ass licker.

R K

Liked Posts:
Eddie works so hard to not be a homer, makes him suck more than he should, and Pat is such an Eddie ass licker.

Why they can't replace them with John and Troy is amazing. They are just all around better. Eddie is like the polar opposite of Darren Pang. He's terrible. Foley is just old and lost what ever he had before he quit in a huff and went to Rosemont.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
NHL only goes back 18 months per the CBA. That would be "repeat". 1-4 games maybe. Although the NHL and consistency do not go hand in hand on anything they adjudicate.

That I did not know. And I do understand your point on consistency, but this looks pretty bad to me. Every bit as bad as his elbow to Sedin a few years back, and he got five games for that. I could see a similar penalty here.