Bleacher Report: 19 TDs, 15 INTs this year for Trubisky. 3,201 yards

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No surprise here, but no love from Bleacher Report for Trubisky in their stat projections for each starting QB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-for-every-projected-starting-nfl-qb#slide13

Mitchell Trubisky:

481 attempts, 288 completions, 3,201 yards, 19 touchdowns, 15 interceptions

“Mitchell Trubisky didn't exactly take the NFL by storm as a rookie. In 12 starts last year, Trubisky managed just seven touchdown passes against an equal number of interceptions. In five of those starts, Trubisky passed for fewer than 150 yards.

Those numbers are, as they say, ungood.

Still, Bears general manager Ryan Pace told Dan Pompei of The Athletic (via USA Today) that he likes what he's seen from Trubisky in the offseason.”

In case your wondering about other second-year QBs:

Pat Mahomes

520 attempts, 325 completions, 3,875 yards, 23 touchdowns, 14 interceptions

“It's the dawn of a new era in Kansas City. After yet another playoff trip ended in a one-and-done disappointment, the Chiefs moved on from Alex Smith, shipping the veteran quarterback to Washington.

This is Patrick Mahomes' team now.

As The MMQB's Jenny Vrentras reported, Mahomes believes he and fellow second-year pro Kareem Hunt can build something special in Kansas City.”

Deshaun Watson

529 attempts, 329 completions, 4,015 yards, 28 touchdowns, 17 interceptions

“Aaron Rodgers may be the beau of the ball where NFL quarterbacks returning from injury is concerned, but Deshaun Watson isn't far behind.

Watson exploded into prominence as a rookie last year, setting an NFL record for touchdown passes by a quarterback in his first seven games with 19. He scrambled around and made play after play down the field, rapidly becoming a favorite son of fans and the fantasy football community in the process.

And then, just like that, it was over. Watson tore his ACL on the practice field.

Per Herbie Teope of NFL.com, Watson told the Texans' website at OTAs that the rehab on that knee is proceeding according to plan.”

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
I could see the yards and TDs but i think 15 INT is a bit much. Id say 19 TD with 8 or 9 picks

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Call me a homer, but no way Trubisky's INT% goes up a full point. He was at 2.1% last year. I think the nature of the Reid offense, if run correctly, minimizes turnovers from the QB. Alex Smith cut his INT % down by half after going to the Chiefs and Reid's offense. Carson Wentz dramatically improved his INT% in year 2 under Pederson. Obviously, Nagy is going to preach ball security, but also the offense is based on playing matchups so unless Trubisky misreads his mismatches way too often, throwing INTs 3.1% of the time would be insanely high.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
He didn't take the NFL by storm but neither did the players around him except for Jordan Howard. The offense was so amazing in the 4 games he didn't play in.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Those are actually Mitchell's projected rushing stats. Someone accidentally inserted a passing stat (INT). An easily corrected error.

Edit: i suppose completions got accidentally included as well. Point stands though.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think all those projections are low...minus the INTs

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Interesting that they see no improvement in completion percentage from last year. Still 59%. I'd call that a failure and would expect substantial improvement.

It's like they didn't take into account a new (aka real) offense and better weapons. Also assumes that Trubisky gets no better than he was last year, just that he throws a lot more.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Play one game, get projected to play better than a guy with 12 starts...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Those are slightly worse than Cutler numbers

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd guess those numbers are pretty spot on, just a few less turnovers...like 12 INTs. Also, maybe 5 rushing TDs.

I understand the notion of Trubisky being handcuffed by Fox's offense, but I believe it limited his turnovers too.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd be disappointed with that INT number, unless he throws quite a few more TDs. Nineteen seems reasonable though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is Bleacher Report. They are on the same tier as Sports Mockery.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm willing to accept all of those numbers except for Mahomes... I just find it extremely hard to believe he's going to toss less INT's than Trubs while completing a higher percentage of passes...

Then again... this is the kind of data that gets you clicks... so... I get it.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You have to remember, that Chiefs offense is designed to help the qb. Can you imagine if Trubisky got to play in a scheme like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

������