Bleacher Report: 19 TDs, 15 INTs this year for Trubisky. 3,201 yards

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So Watson is going to throw 529 attempts, 329 completions, 4,015 yards, 28 touchdowns, 17 interceptions in less than 16 games? Shit. Just hand him league MVP right now.

its only a passer rating of 89.8. Those numbers will not please the Watson dicklickers here. Jimmy G with only a 89.9 rating as well.
This article has zero basis in regression or any math for that matter. The writer just randomly picked numbers out of the air without any regards to the law of averages or even considering the int % or completion %, etc. Just like all BR articles, this was an absolute waste of time.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
They basically extrapolated Trubisky's numbers from last year improving slightly in different areas.

I would agree with these numbers if the following are true for next season:

John Fox is still the head coach.
Loggains is still the offensive coordinator.
The Bears field the same exact receivers as last year.
Trubisky is still a rookie going into his second year.
The Oline didn't improve.

Here's where they're wrong.

Completion percentage will be higher than 59% because of all the short dump and screen passes. Last year it seemed that Trubisky only threw on 3rd and longs. That won't be the case this year.
Yardage will be greater than 3,201 because of the improved receiving corps and elusive game-breaking players in Gabriel and Cohen. TEs will also be better used than last season.
Interceptions also won't be as high because of the short passes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interceptions are high and the yardage is probably low. I think the prognosticators are concerned about the new offense and don’t fully appreciate how bad the offense, and it’s personnel was last year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Quite possibly the only thing more obnoxious than mock drafts are "stat prediction" articles.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The projections for Trubisky might suck, but it's not like he showed last season that he can go out and have a Goff/Wentz type of second season. He showed some small glimpses in a shit offense, but nothing that would lead outsiders to believe he is going to take the league by storm in his second year. The projections they gave for him are fair. I don't understand the Mahomes love though.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here were their predictions for other year 2 starters for comparison...

Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles: 63.5 completion percentage, 4,080 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INTS

Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys: 66.1 completion percentage, 3,800 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs

Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams: 57.8 completion percentage, 2,930 yards, 18 TDs, 13 INTs

Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay: 60 CMP%, 4,100 YDS, 24 TD, 15 INT

Marcus Mariota, Tennessee: 63 CMP%, 3,450 YDS, 24 TD, 13 INT

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The projections for Trubisky might suck, but it's not like he showed last season that he can go out and have a Goff/Wentz type of second season. He showed some small glimpses in a shit offense, but nothing that would lead outsiders to believe he is going to take the league by storm in his second year. The projections they gave for him are fair. I don't understand the Mahomes love though.

LOL at this comment. Did Goff show anything his rookie season to suggest he would go from a QB rating of 63 to 100 in his 2nd season last year? No he didn't, and you would be absolutely full of shit if you believed so.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

Goff looked like straight garbage his rookie year.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I think Mitch will have more around 25 Td's and about 10 int's

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL at this comment. Did Goff show anything his rookie season to suggest he would go from a QB rating of 63 to 100 in his 2nd season last year? No he didn't, and you would be absolutely full of shit if you believed so.

Goff looked like straight garbage his rookie year.

You ignoramus's are missing the point. My point was that Trubisky didn't provide much proof in his play his rookie season that he is capable of having a 2nd year season like Goff/Wentz had so nobody is going to project him to have a killer season. Pretty simple shit.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You ignoramus's are missing the point. My point was that Trubisky didn't provide much proof in his play his rookie season that he is capable of having a 2nd year season like Goff/Wentz had so nobody is going to project him to have a killer season. Pretty simple shit.

But thats the point your missing. Why would one assume a killer season by Goff last year when he himself was considerably worse than Trubisky?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I keep saying that Trubisky isn't highly regarded outside of Bears fans and I'm continually ridiculed as a "hater" or troll for it. Then about 50 threads happen complaining about how lowly he's nationally regarded, but does anyone apologize to me? Of course not.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I could see 25/15 for Mitch this year. I personally don't see him having a Wentz/Goff type 2nd season. I think he'll really turn the corner in his 3rd year. I base much of this on his lack of playing time in college compared to guys like Wentz, Goff, and Watson.