Bleacher Report: 19 TDs, 15 INTs this year for Trubisky. 3,201 yards

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i keep saying that trubisky isn't highly regarded outside of bears fans and i'm continually ridiculed as a "hater" or troll for it. Then about 50 threads happen complaining about how lowly he's nationally regarded, but does anyone apologize to me? Of course not.

lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But thats the point your missing. Why would one assume a killer season by Goff last year when he himself was considerably worse than Trubisky?

You don't have to assume with Goff because he actually went out and did it. Now it's Trubnisky's turn to do that. Back to the OP, there's no reason for a national media outlet to predict Trubisky to have a monster year. These projections by BR are fine, conservative and in line with what he did last year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

When you (hypothetically) shower someone with personal attacks for an opinion you disagree with, and then they're consistently proven right, you don't apologize?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not Hot.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know why 4,000 yards with 32 TDs and 16 INTS isn't a realistic EXPECTATION.

That's a "whopping" 250 yards a game with 2 TDs and 1 INT. Thats my hope for him. He was the 2nd pick in the NFL draft and had a whole off-season built around him. Lets go.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When you (hypothetically) shower someone with personal attacks for an opinion you disagree with, and then they're consistently proven right, you don't apologize?

How have you been proven right?

Washington

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know why 4,000 yards with 32 TDs and 16 INTS isn't a realistic EXPECTATION.

That's a "whopping" 250 yards a game with 2 TDs and 1 INT. Thats my hope for him. He was the 2nd pick in the NFL draft and had a whole off-season built around him. Lets go.

Given that, isn't it a tad crazy that NO QB in Bears' history has thrown for 4000 yards in a season?

I don't see 4000 for Trubs this year but I think it is in his future and he'll be the 1st in a Bears uni to accomplish this fate.

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. Its absurd. Its 2018 and 300 yards is for wimps on most days. To me, it just further illustrates how much of an under achiever Jay Cutler always has been. Trubisky is going to blow our minds IMO.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just a guess but the unable to stay healthy Watkins had a better rookie season than Trubisky which means better career.

Even though comparing an NFL ready rookie QB to one that was projected not NFL ready doesn't seem to be an accurate comparison.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

bearmick: Trubisky isn't well regarded outside of Bears homers.

CCS: Shut up Mick, go to the Texans board troll, you're completely wrong.

*multiple articles follow comparing Trubisky unfavorably to Watson, Garoppolo, and even Mahomes*

CCS: Wtf are they talking about? Mahomes over Trubisky? He'll be a turnover machine. Garoppolo only played 5 games. Why isn't Trubisky higher? The media hates Da Baerz!!!1!!

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Given that, isn't it a tad crazy that NO QB in Bears' history has thrown for 4000 yards in a season?

I don't see 4000 for Trubs this year but I think it is in his future and he'll be the 1st in a Bears uni to accomplish this fate.

The only time we had a talented QB paired with an offensive-minded coach in the modern day is Cutler & Trestman. Cutler would have likely thrown for 4000 yards in 2014, but he got benched by Trestman in the last game. Trestman threw Cutler under the bus at the end in hopes of keeping his job, lmao.

I personally see Trubisky & Nagy doing much better. I think both have a better mind for the game over Cutler & Nagy. But hey, if it doesn't work out, it looks like we're in for yet another 5 year rebuild, no biggie.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The only time we had a talented QB paired with an offensive-minded coach in the modern day is Cutler & Trestman. Cutler would have likely thrown for 4000 yards in 2014, but he got benched by Trestman in the last game. Trestman threw Cutler under the bus at the end in hopes of keeping his job, lmao.

I personally see Trubisky & Nagy doing much better. I think both have a better mind for the game over Cutler & Nagy. But hey, if it doesn't work out, it looks like we're in for yet another 5 year rebuild, no biggie.

The bolded text is very historical in nature for the organization. The last franchise QB was drafted like 70 years ago. What a sad run we are on in regard to QB play save for a McMahon year and Kramer year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
bearmick: Trubisky isn't well regarded outside of Bears homers.

CCS: Shut up Mick, go to the Texans board troll, you're completely wrong.

*multiple articles follow comparing Trubisky unfavorably to Watson, Garoppolo, and even Mahomes*

CCS: Wtf are they talking about? Mahomes over Trubisky? He'll be a turnover machine. Garoppolo only played 5 games. Why isn't Trubisky higher? The media hates Da Baerz!!!1!!

Admittedly I might have missed some.... but how many articles are we talking about here? I've seen a few. I do recall several other people posting positive things about Trubisky as well. I think it's been a bit of a mixed bag.

napo55

Liked Posts:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/adjusted-interceptions-2017

Adjusted interception rate for 2017. Mitch coming in with a 2.2% adjusted interception rate. Some good news.

Hard to evaluate. The conservative play calling and pressure on MT to avoid turnovers should mean a lower int rate. so may not be that meaningful On the other hand, MT was very accurate with a low int rate in his (brief) college career, so the low rate could be what we expected.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Because when a QB needs time, it's more than 12 starts under a troupe of retards that couldn't call a decent game to save their lives. I expect improvement, but I'm not expecting 30+ TDs. Nor am I expecting an average of an INT per game.

You may be right. He might throw for 30+ TDs this season, but I'm not expecting that of him. I'm expecting more like 3500/22 TD/10 INT, something like that, plus or minus. But more importantly, I'm expecting him to continue to learn and grow under Nagy and a real NFL offense. I think during this next offseason/season is when we'll see the most improvement out of Trubisky. Next year, is when he'll light up the NFL. I hope...

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I keep saying that Trubisky isn't highly regarded outside of Bears fans and I'm continually ridiculed as a "hater" or troll for it. Then about 50 threads happen complaining about how lowly he's nationally regarded, but does anyone apologize to me? Of course not.

Wait a minute. You never said that he "isn't highly regarded", I'm pretty sure the direct quote was... "nationally shit reputation". Those are 2 very different things.

Trubisky is raw. He was handcuffed by Fox and Loggains because he was raw, and because they were terrible coaches. Most people with half a brain saw a lot of promise from Mitch despite all the factors working against him. So if you were to say he's unproven, inexperienced, raw, etc., that would be more accurate than saying he has a "nationally shit reputation". Which he most certainly does not.

Again, not expecting him to light it up this year, but I think he'll show improvement, and anyone who doesn't think that he's a bust if he doesn't throw for 35 TDs and 0 INTs, will see the improvement, and expect more out of him in the 2019 season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just a guess but the unable to stay healthy Watkins had a better rookie season than Trubisky which means better career.

Even though comparing an NFL ready rookie QB to one that was projected not NFL ready doesn't seem to be an accurate comparison.

I mean it's not like this happened recently with a guy named RG3 or anything...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Admittedly I might have missed some.... but how many articles are we talking about here? I've seen a few. I do recall several other people posting positive things about Trubisky as well. I think it's been a bit of a mixed bag.

It's Bleacher Report, lol. Might as well take it as seriously as a Sports Mockery article