Bleacher Report: 19 TDs, 15 INTs this year for Trubisky. 3,201 yards

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute. You never said that he "isn't highly regarded", I'm pretty sure the direct quote was... "nationally shit reputation". Those are 2 very different things.

Not to me. Only the tone. Anyway, I was fucking around earlier today when I said that, as I figured was obvious.

Trubisky is raw. He was handcuffed by Fox and Loggains because he was raw, and because they were terrible coaches. Most people with half a brain saw a lot of promise from Mitch despite all the factors working against him. So if you were to say he's unproven, inexperienced, raw, etc., that would be more accurate than saying he has a "nationally shit reputation". Which he most certainly does not.

Again, not expecting him to light it up this year, but I think he'll show improvement, and anyone who doesn't think that he's a bust if he doesn't throw for 35 TDs and 0 INTs, will see the improvement, and expect more out of him in the 2019 season.

I expect more this year. With the cast around him and the amount of creativity in a Nagy/Helfrich play book, I'm hoping for an almost Goff/Wentz jump, if not quite.

I would hope 24 tds with 10 picks is a reasonable ask, but I'm more interested in how he leads the offense and makes plays in big moments than I am about stats.

Mitchapalooza

Speaking of big moments. This shit reminded me of Tony Romo and his crazy escape abilities.

mitchrun2.gif

then our dumbass kicker missed the game winner.

aciecargill

Liked Posts:
at least 30 TD 's. Look at the receivers he has and the pass happy coaches.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
at least 30 TD 's. Look at the receivers he has and the pass happy coaches.

The only reason I don't think he'll hit 30 TDs this year is because I expect Howard to have quite a few rushing ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only reason I don't think he'll hit 30 TDs this year is because I expect Howard to have quite a few rushing ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, for all this talk about the passing offense..... surely Nagy isn't dumb enough to forget he has one hell of a good RB. (two actually)

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not to me. Only the tone. Anyway, I was fucking around earlier today when I said that, as I figured was obvious.

I expect more this year. With the cast around him and the amount of creativity in a Nagy/Helfrich play book, I'm hoping for an almost Goff/Wentz jump, if not quite.

I would hope 24 tds with 10 picks is a reasonable ask, but I'm more interested in how he leads the offense and makes plays in big moments than I am about stats.

It's never obvious with you, dude. :D

That is my hope as well. Stats are nice, but they don't tell the whole story. He needs to be a "leader of men". :eek:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Only 19 TDs with an offense-minded pass-happy coach and several new weapons seems incredibly unlikely.

Also, the author seems to suppose that Trubisky will somehow regress in his second year, despite having better receivers, more weapons and an objectively better coaching staff, not to mention more NFL experience. (i.e. Rookie Trubisky had 7 INTs in 12 games, but will somehow more than double that in his second year?)

I'm gonna hot take this: Trubisky will have more passing yards than any other second-year starter. May or may not happen, but it's a hell of a lot more likely than Bleacher Report's prediction.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I can see the passing TDs being close to accurate, as we have a great running game that will punch the ball in often. And Trubs will run in several himself. But the INTs are way too high...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Only 19 TDs with an offense-minded pass-happy coach and several new weapons seems incredibly unlikely.

Also, the author seems to suppose that Trubisky will somehow regress in his second year, despite having better receivers, more weapons and an objectively better coaching staff, not to mention more NFL experience. (i.e. Rookie Trubisky had 7 INTs in 12 games, but will somehow more than double that in his second year?)

I'm gonna hot take this: Trubisky will have more passing yards than any other second-year starter. May or may not happen, but it's a hell of a lot more likely than Bleacher Report's prediction.

The writer just randomly assigned numbers.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given his overall level of experience Trubisky is essentially still a rookie, and rookies have multiple INT games. He might have a few games where he gets baited by wily dbs or misreads the D and has three or four pics. If as many more pics are spread out over the season it doesn't look that bad. I don't think he's going to have Cutler/Mahomes type meltdown games where he just says fuck it and forces it into coverage or throws to some other route than was called.

I also think he could have a high completion percentage without all that many TDs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks