1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Thank Goodness it isn't Kerry Wood...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that they are reaching out to a non-Cub guy, at least I am pretty sure that Jim Deshaies was never a Cub. That would seem like a tough sell since they are supposedly only able to offer a couple of years due to their TV contract status. I really thought Karros would get it by now.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Muskat sez:

Who is Deshaies? A left-hander known as J.D., he pitched for 12 seasons, including seven with the Astros from 1985-91. His last game was an abbreviated start on July 30, 1995, at Wrigley Field. He gave up six runs on five hits, including a first inning home run by Todd Zeile and another blast in the second by Jose Hernandez over 1 1/3 innings as the Cubs rolled to an 8-0 win over the Phillies. Deshaies reportedly holds the Major League record for most at-bats without an extra-base hit (373). Deshaies just completed his 15th season as color analyst for the Astros.

Brenly did not have a direct Cubs tie, playing all but one season with the Giants.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew Deshaies was an Astro. I kind of figured he bounced around a little bit. I don't believe that a Cubs announcer has to have a Cubs connection, but I am kind of surprised that someone without that connection would jump at the job with such a short term commitment. That said a move to the AL West which will result in a real ratings plummet on top of the must watch TV that the Astros were before might offer the prompting to take a chance on a short term gig with the Cubs market.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew Deshaies was an Astro. I kind of figured he bounced around a little bit. I don't believe that a Cubs announcer has to have a Cubs connection, but I am kind of surprised that someone without that connection would jump at the job with such a short term commitment. That said a move to the AL West which will result in a real ratings plummet on top of the must watch TV that the Astros were before might offer the prompting to take a chance on a short term gig with the Cubs market.

:lmao:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, whoever replaces Brenly... it'll be different. It'll feel weird and take time getting used too. I just hope they get a good candidate and it won't be bad watching Cubs games on TV.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's still moussing up his hair for his interview. Might take a while.

eric.jpg

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to take a guess, Karros is not a guy the Cubs really want and never were high on him from the beginning.