Boozer Agrees with Bulls

WearShades

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
Shakes wrote:
Looking at SGs, there's really a limited number of options if we require a guy who is both young and can shoot. Outside of Morrow & Reddick, one guy I think we should consider is Thornton. We know the Hornets want to cut salary, and surely dumping Okafor is preferable to dumping Paul.

I wonder if we could work something out with them, Okafor would be pretty good in a three big rotation of Noah/Boozer/Okafor even if he is overpaid, Thornton would fill our SG needs nicely. Obviously the enticement for the Hornets is they dump 50 million in salary, but we have cheap assets like JJ or Gibson and picks we could send back too.

or we could trade rose for paul. i'd like that trade. it might change lebron's mind.

Except if you do that you no longer have cap space for a max contract. Paul makes $17 million a year. Rose is still on his rookie deal.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
or we could trade rose for paul. i'd like that trade. it might change lebron's mind.

My premise was that the Hornets don't actually want to trade Paul.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
my premise was paul wants out, right now.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shkes, I think there are better options available in trade than in fa. I wouldn't rush to give guys like miller or morrow the mle. I'd rather sign Bell and keep the space till a good trade comes along. I am surprised we haven't talked to him, he is exactly what we need, we can always get a miller or morrow for the mle.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks good! B)

boozer1_100708.jpg

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just saw that too,Red fits him better lol
Ill probably get a Boozer jersey sometime when they have some swingmans to buy

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shkes, I think there are better options available in trade than in fa. I wouldn't rush to give guys like miller or morrow the mle. I'd rather sign Bell and keep the space till a good trade comes along. I am surprised we haven't talked to him, he is exactly what we need, we can always get a miller or morrow for the mle.

There aren't many good young SGs who can actually shoot and might reasonably be available in a trade. Thornton is the one I think it's possible we could get reasonably cheaply, and that's only because the Hornets might want to dump Okafor (who would be a great third big anyway).

Who do you think might become available in a trade that we could realistically get?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:

There aren't many good young SGs who can actually shoot and might reasonably be available in a trade. Thornton is the one I think it's possible we could get reasonably cheaply, and that's only because the Hornets might want to dump Okafor (who would be a great third big anyway).

Who do you think might become available in a trade that we could realistically get?

Cough BG Cough but there are a few other guys that are around 10-15 mill that are a lot better and can be had for cap space and maybe the bobcats pick.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Cough BG Cough but there are a few other guys that are around 10-15 mill that are a lot better and can be had for cap space and maybe the bobcats pick.

If Detroit want to dump him I'd take him back, but all the talk is that they want to move Rip and Prince.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:

If Detroit want to dump him I'd take him back, but all the talk is that they want to move Rip and Prince.

No one is taking Rip and Prince is an expiring. It was rumored BG was available around the trade deadline.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Bulls need a superstar wing player, please don't bring up players who don't meet that criteria with big contracts.

Thanks...