***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
A source I've never heard of, reporting something that hasn't been corroborated anywhere else (to my knowledge), from twitter means you should take it with a massive grain of salt.

Getting other off season moves correctly this year does not make the source legit.

Just because YOU haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's not legit. I didn't know you had to sign off for someone to be legit.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If this is true then I'm disappointed in this regimes first real move. I'm not against trading Marshall in therory, but I would put his value more at a fourth round pick than a late round pick.

Marshall has no value left after being ran out of town by his third straight team for being a headcase. No one wants this level of locker room cancer.

Plus the value is in cap money saved that can be spent elsewhere.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall has no value left after being ran out of town by his third straight team for being a headcase.

The ugly truth. I am surprised we got anything.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall has no value left after being ran out of town by his third straight team for being a headcase. No one wants this level of locker room cancer.

Plus the value is in cap money saved that can be spent elsewhere.

I get that he is a distraction off the field but his production can't be discounted. He is a true #1 WR the likes that Chicago hasn't seen in a long time( if ever).

Fox delt with Steve Smith and I think he could of delt with BM. The value of keeping him, to me, is higher than a late round pick.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If they only get a 6th or 7th back for him then that's pretty bad. Feel like they can get a team stupid enough to give them something better.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If they only get a 6th or 7th back for him then that's pretty bad. Feel like they can get a team stupid enough to give them something better.

I hope they at least got a 5th since we don't have one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get that he is a distraction off the field but his production can't be discounted. He is a true #1 WR the likes that Chicago hasn't seen in a long time( if ever).

Fox delt with Steve Smith and I think he could of delt with BM. The value of keeping him, to me, is higher than a late round pick.

And Fox doesn't want to keep him.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
A source I've never heard of, reporting something that hasn't been corroborated anywhere else (to my knowledge), from twitter means you should take it with a massive grain of salt.

Getting other off season moves correctly this year does not make the source legit.
Nonetheless. A source that has been spot on all offseason. This holds water. EHC is very thorough and methodical with what he reports.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
What have Cutler and Marshall done?

They definitely not gonna do shit this year. A receiver with back and hip problems aint gonna last.

Huh? Marshall owns nearly every Bears single season receiving record.

It's one thing to say there's a disconnect an then find where that disconnect lies, it's a whole other thing to completely blow up a team with talent just because you're panicking

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

These orders apparently came from ownership. For all we know Fox didn't even have a say.

Even with all the headaches Marshall is worth more than a 6th/7th rounder. But I suppose ownership may have kind of screwed Pace over in getting fair value when they were already talking about wanting him gone before the season even ended.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Possible FA Replacements

Torrey Smith
Harry Douglas
Randall Cobb
Hakeem Nicks
Cecil Shorts
Brian Hartline