***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Long was gonna fight BM for talking shit?

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The next time Pace steps in front of a room full of Chicago reporters, one of them better have the balls to ask him how getting rid of the best receiver to wear a Bears jersey makes this a better team. I want a real explanation besides random twatter blurbs.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so what has to happen with BM next year to feel good/bad about losing BM? what's the over/under on raging vs smug?

800 yards, 8 tds?

if he breaks 1,000 yards receiving, and has 10 tds, are we livid?

if he plays all 16 games?

should be interesting.

and if you're going to post all of those awesome tds and catches by BM, you should start posting the drops, too. he was an elite receiver and he WILL be missed on the field for sure, excellent blocker, but he wasn't God.

gotta admit a 5th stings. three years ago it was what, two 3rd? couldn't we get at LEAST two 5ths? Jesus.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The next time Pace steps in front of a room full of Chicago reporters, one of them better have the balls to ask him how getting rid of the best receiver to wear a Bears jersey makes this a better team. I want a real explanation besides random twatter blurbs.

well it accomplishes something very important in the short term. it sends a very strong message that no one is above the team. pace and fox have put a head on a spike. trestman's lack of control over the locker room was a major problem.

from a football standpoint, having marshall and jeffery made no sense, especially along with bennett. three guys who excel in the same area of the field. the bears need a different kind of receiver(or two, for that matter). in the end as a football choice it's between the old marshall and the young jeffery. having both doesn't make sense. it makes the bears passing offense one dimensional.

but really this is all about getting an out of control locker room back under control. there's a reason, for all marshall's talent and production, that he is finding his way to the 4th team of his career before his 31st birthday. it doesn't take an inside report to figure out that he's a self centered(if well meaning) locker room problem. fans might find his honesty and passion endearing, but in an NFL locker room, it grows weary.

in the end, the net gain from having a more disciplined football team will outweigh the on field production the bears will lose with marshall.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
so what has to happen with BM next year to feel good/bad about losing BM? what's the over/under on raging vs smug?

800 yards, 8 tds?

if he breaks 1,000 yards receiving, and has 10 tds, are we livid?

if he plays all 16 games?

should be interesting.

and if you're going to post all of those awesome tds and catches by BM, you should start posting the drops, too. he was an elite receiver and he WILL be missed on the field for sure, excellent blocker, but he wasn't God.

gotta admit a 5th stings. three years ago it was what, two 3rd? couldn't we get at LEAST two 5ths? Jesus.

I personally couldn't care less. He isn't the difference between making and missing the playoffs and sometimes a team just needs to move on. He's going to be 31 once the season starts; it's not like he had many years left here anyway.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally couldn't care less. He isn't the difference between making and missing the playoffs and sometimes a team just needs to move on. He's going to be 31 once the season starts; it's not like he had many years left here anyway.

well, yeah, sure. but if he goes to NYJ and gets 600 yards, 6 tds, and misses 4 games i wouldn't feel bad that he was gone. if he gets 1,400 yards, 12 tds and plays all 16 i'd be bummed for sure. i mean, i expect him to fade, but still.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
well, yeah, sure. but if he goes to NYJ and gets 600 yards, 6 tds, and misses 4 games i wouldn't feel bad that he was gone. if he gets 1,400 yards, 12 tds and plays all 16 i'd be bummed for sure. i mean, i expect him to fade, but still.

I'll be happy for him if he posts 1,400 and 12, but I won't be bummed. I'll still realize that moves like this need to be made when a team is trying to move forward and cultivate a new identity.

Grizz

Liked Posts:
There's no new identity if Cutler's still here...

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
There's no new identity if Cutler's still here...

I don't believe he will be. And even if he is it won't be past this year.

It's obvious the Bears are looking to move him at this point and that tells me all I need to know about what management wants to do as far as the team goes, that is, initiate a change in direction/identity.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well it accomplishes something very important in the short term. it sends a very strong message that no one is above the team. pace and fox have put a head on a spike. trestman's lack of control over the locker room was a major problem.

from a football standpoint, having marshall and jeffery made no sense, especially along with bennett. three guys who excel in the same area of the field. the bears need a different kind of receiver(or two, for that matter). in the end as a football choice it's between the old marshall and the young jeffery. having both doesn't make sense. it makes the bears passing offense one dimensional.

but really this is all about getting an out of control locker room back under control. there's a reason, for all marshall's talent and production, that he is finding his way to the 4th team of his career before his 31st birthday. it doesn't take an inside report to figure out that he's a self centered(if well meaning) locker room problem. fans might find his honesty and passion endearing, but in an NFL locker room, it grows weary.

in the end, the net gain from having a more disciplined football team will outweigh the on field production the bears will lose with marshall.

I hope you are right about the net gain being better than the net loss. All I know is today the talent level on this team took a pretty big hit and it created another need for this team that already had more needs than a schizophrenic drama queen with daddy issues.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I hope you are right about the net gain being better than the net loss. All I know is today the talent level on this team took a pretty big hit and it created another need for this team that already had more needs than a schizophrenic drama queen with daddy issues.

If Marshall was 26-27 I would give credence to the whole "creates a hole" argument. He is going to be 31 next season. He was going to become a hole soon enough anyway and wasn't going to be on the team when it is ready to contend regardless. The window with this group of veterans is over and that group includes Marshall as well as Cutler, Forte, Garza, Briggs, Tillman, Jennings, et al.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

How about this one(question)?

Hey Mr. Pace............ Brandon Marshall was the Bears best receiver for the last four years. He also tried to hold his teammates accountable for their shitty performance on the field and challenged them. Now you got rid of him for a 5th round pick? Why? Were you in the Bears locker room last year and if not, who did you take as your "source" for the bad reports about Marshall?

Also...... what kind of locker room do you want for the Bears? Should players challenge other players or do you just want a nice neat quiet solace. A quantom of solence anyone?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Right on the money! They had a twosome of receivers considered the top receiving duo in all of football for the last two years by a helluva lot of experts and now they don't. We now have one good receiver and nothing else. We have one good tight end and nothing else. So, you are right, talent took a big shit and went out of the door.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
How about this one(question)?

Hey Mr. Pace............ Brandon Marshall was the Bears best receiver for the last four years. He also tried to hold his teammates accountable for their shitty performance on the field and challenged them. Now you got rid of him for a 5th round pick? Why? Were you in the Bears locker room last year and if not, who did you take as your "source" for the bad reports about Marshall?

Also...... what kind of locker room do you want for the Bears? Should players challenge other players or do you just want a nice neat quiet solace. A quantom of solence anyone?

Maybe he, you know, actually talked with the players?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, Pace isnt off to the best start IMO. I warmed up to the Fox hire due to the staff they put together, but then his next big move is to ship one of the best receivers in the game out of town. For a fifth round pick on top of that.

And yet who know who will probably still be the fucking starter.