***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we have a bunch of lazy fucks in the locker room right now, so it makes sense that other players would be calling out brandon marshall, one of the only guys on the team that actually gives a fuck about winning.

put your name on it!!!!! Comeon gould...... Put your name on it!!!!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what kind of teammate Marshall is but I'm positive you should never listen to Chris Carter. About anything.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wasn't it michael wright who reported what marshall said to gould?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what kind of teammate Marshall is but I'm positive you should never listen to Chris Carter. About anything.

Yeah what does he know about being a wide receiver in the NFL?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure you know how to properly read.

What does "properly reading" mean? I read just fine. I also read between the damn lines.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I trust pace and fox more than any of you knuckleheads that are complaining. We won nothing with our high powered offense the last 2 years. Great player but this is his 4th team now. Whos to blame here?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I listened to Chris Carter being interviewed today when they announced the trade. His opinion was that no one that he knows in the NFL considered Marshall a bad teammate. He also said that he has no flaws as a receiver and is still one of the best in the game. Carter says that like a lot of receivers or top notch players for that matter, they have strong opinions. He said that Marshal wants to WIN. I guess that is lost on the Bears management and the bunch of cowards who didn't like him in the locker room.

i guess that's like the cowards in the dolphins locker room, and in the bronco's locker room? it'll be the same in new york within two years. it's been the same story his whole career. when the bears got him, there were countless reports about the dolphins simply being done with his act. same thing in denver. this is a guy who was traded, sequentially, for two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks and now a 5th round pick. you're talking about an elite NFL receiver who has been traded THREE times by three separate organizations for far less value then his on field performance would indicate.

it doesn't take much to fill in the blanks. chris carter can say whatever he wants, but you've got reports of him whining about not getting the ball(and, by the way, all diva receivers do the same thing...translate "i want the ball" as "i want to win"...) he's weirdly challenging fans to fights. he won't stop doing his show after he was told he wouldn't be allowed to.

look, we only see half the game. maybe less. what really matters in the NFL, what really leads to winning championships and being competitive franchises is lost to fans. all we can do is deduce what we can by their actions. things like locker room chemistry, leadership. these are things we can't ever really understand or quantify, but they are incredibly important.

we know that brandon marshall is an elite receiver. we know the bears were willing to trade him for basically nothing. you can say they're "cowards" but i would say that at some point, talent and production are not as valuable as a healthy working environment. the bears wouldn't have gotten rid of marshall like this unless they knew he was a serious impediment.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
What does "properly reading" mean? I read just fine. I also read between the damn lines.

You do a pretty terrible job of "reading between the lines" if what you got from my post is that all players over 30 should automatically be cut and that I am calling for the team to go into a full 76'ers type rebuild. Your other point about there being teams in the league with over 30 players that win was also funny because once again I never said otherwise. Keep on building those strawmen though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see some people think they traded him for business reasons (cap hit, getting rid of older players, etc) and some say because of character/behavior/locker room issues.

The answer may be in whether or not they trade Forte. If they do, I'm more inclined to believe business was at least part of the reason but if Matt is kept on then it seems obvious that they felt it wasn't worth the potential headaches.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another failed move? Out of how many, 1?

What were you expecting him to be worth? Two 3rds? The price he got when he was a younger player with less miles on the body?

Depends who or what the front office is. Read much? Obviously, the front office is the decision maker on taking the "word" of a mysterious someone in the locker room that didn't want Marshall on their team. I think that Pace was hired with the understanding that the "front office" wanted a calm and cool team, no waves, no conflict. No stars. Oh hell no. stars have egos and that is potential conflict in the locker room. Lets ask Robbie Gould for eyewitness opinion.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
can someone clear up for me what robbie did?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
we know that brandon marshall is an elite receiver. we know the bears were willing to trade him for basically nothing. you can say they're "cowards" but i would say that at some point, talent and production are not as valuable as a healthy working environment. the bears wouldn't have gotten rid of marshall like this unless they knew he was a serious impediment.

We've also turned a small hole (WR) into a gaping one.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Depends who or what the front office is. Read much? Obviously, the front office is the decision maker on taking the "word" of a mysterious someone in the locker room that didn't want Marshall on their team. I think that Pace was hired with the understanding that the "front office" wanted a calm and cool team, no waves, no conflict. No stars. Oh hell no. stars have egos and that is potential conflict in the locker room. Lets ask Robbie Gould for eyewitness opinion.

Obviously...right. Didn't bother with the rest.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah. That guy sure doesn't know crap about catching the football or playing in the NFL. What has he ever done?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Blind faith = true fan

Is it blind faith though? Got a head coach that's been to two SB's. Got a stud D coordinator. Got a young upcoming OC who worked with BM in the past. It's not like people are putting blind faith in Trestman here. These are proven coaches they're trusting. Pace is the only one not proven and I doubt he did this without the staff's blessing.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
We've also turned a small hole (WR) into a gaping one.

true, but they have jeffery, and a healthy crop of receivers in both free agency and the draft. also, if they do keep forte, you've still got bennett and forte being weapons in the passing game as well. i think they'll look to add a speed receiver, which they had to do anyways.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I trust pace and fox more than any of you knuckleheads that are complaining. We won nothing with our high powered offense the last 2 years. Great player but this is his 4th team now. Whos to blame here?

Whoever Robbie Gould or Lance Briggs says its is. Our "high powered offense" was at fault I guess. Lets get rid of its best player. Lot of blame to go around but getting rid of one of their few great players isn't accomplishing anything positive.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
true, but they have jeffery, and a healthy crop of receivers in both free agency and the draft. also, if they do keep forte, you've still got bennett and forte being weapons in the passing game as well. i think they'll look to add a speed receiver, which they had to do anyways.

You're hoping Jeffery is that receiver or did he benefit from the guy we just traded? As crazy as he acted last season, on the field you knew what you were getting and he was all out and about winning. If we take a WR with #7 I'm probably going to smash something.