***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

FourthAndTwentysix

Liked Posts:
This might turn out to be a good thing for the offense in the long run. Obviously, Marshall is an absolute beast, but it might of hurt the Bears that him and Alshon were so similar with their abilities.. They are both big guys who can go up and catch any ball but the Bears definitely lacked not having a speed WR to compliment them and spread the offense out.. Marshall is a better WR then almost anyone out there, but I think Alshon and a WR like desean jackson or even Percy Harvin would be a better fit just because you have two wideouts who bring completely different abilities to the field. It would be exciting to watch the Bears get a great speed wideout just to see how the offense looked.. And I know people are looking at the WR position and not seeing anything besides Alshon, but they still have free agency and the draft to upgrade the position. Most teams would take the Bears position though just because of Alshon. He is a special talent that most teams wish they could find.

I can see why alot of people are angry over the 5th also.. It just seems like such a low value for one of the best WR in the game.. But Im guessing that Pace thought this also and put everything he had into getting a better package than a 5th rounder.. You would think that most NFL teams would give up a 3rd in a heartbeat for a guy like Marshall but these GM's are almost obsessive over keeping draft picks.. Pace must of searched everywhere for a better deal but just couldn't find one.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buyers market we were lucky to get a 5th.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I'm glad we traded Marshall for a 5th round pic because he's not nice !

tumblr_lftb0pSrIp1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No shit. Read my post before that. We were down 5. He should have caught that but being in FG range wouldnt have done much but move us closer for a last play td throw

Which is still better than having to throw a hail merry. Why are you even arguing with me? Marshall dropped a crucial pass which would have helped a lot in that game. There was no one around him and he could have gotten plenty of yards running if he caught it. Why so butthurt over that general statement?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Which is still better than having to throw a hail merry. Why are you even arguing with me? Marshall dropped a crucial pass which would have helped a lot in that game. There was no one around him and he could have gotten plenty of yards running if he caught it. Why so butthurt over that general statement?

Yes lets cut one of the best WRs in football and the best in Bears history because he dropped a pass.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
In case you haven't noticed, most analysts on TV are former players....and some of them are just as dumb and unenlightened as many on this board.

This one of the most generalized and ignorant posts I've seen on this board, and that is saying a lot. Congratulations.

Even the "dumb and unenlightened" probably have more knowledge of how to play professional football in one of their turds than any of the us keyboard jockeys. COME ON MAN!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
because they were going to cut him if they coudnt trade him kudos to pace for getting something for a guy they were going to cut and his salary is nowhere near good 10 mil a year haha for a 31 yr old wr with back and hip problems plus he is a headcase a lot of u guys on here sound like the ppl that call the B@B show scary

Punctuation-Relationships_o_124561.jpg

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes lets cut one of the best WRs in football and the best in Bears history because he dropped a pass.

Clearly what I said.

Reactions: WCL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like Emery took it up the butt :reptar: when in a similar position as the Jets unless there was a bidding war.
His handling of most things outside the draft look rather poor. Lets hope Pace has a better grand plan.

Reactions: Myk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not why he was traded. He was a pain in the ass and they felt it wasn't worth the headaches. Usually elite players aren't shipped out of town for little return, but it's happened with Marshall three times now in six years.

No idea why folks are clinging to this idea that Marshall being a locker room cancer is only a made up conspiracy in the minds of Bernstein and Hub. The front offices of every team he's played on apparently agree. And if things aren't all rosey and winning in NY (which they won't be) then in a couple of years it will probably be #4.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
That's not why he was traded. He was a pain in the ass and they felt it wasn't worth the headaches. Usually elite players aren't shipped out of town for little return, but it's happened with Marshall three times now in six years.

No idea why folks are clinging to this idea that Marshall being a locker room cancer is only a made up conspiracy in the minds of Bernstein and Hub. The front offices of every team he's played on apparently agree. And if things aren't all rosey and winning in NY (which they won't be) then in a couple of years it will probably be #4.

A few things :

1. Yes, we know Marshall has a few mental issues based on some of his tweets and such. However, it's FAR LESS drama than many other much less talented NFL players. I only heard him get pissed at his team mates when they played like shit. I have also seen him be a leader. For example, telling M. Bennett to GTFO our rookie CB in camp and calming him down. Yeah, he slammed Cutler in the media pretty bad once(thought you might like that part). I see him getting people fired up on the sidelines, congratulating them etc...

2. I am concerned we have a bunch of mentally weak fragile pussy football players on this team. They cannot handle Marshall telling them to play football, work hard, and play like they want to be there? Marc Trestman killed the locker room not Brandon marshall. Trestman developed a bunch of weak players with a losing attitude. All I heard Marshall tell them was PLAY LIKE YOU WAN TO WIN. When Marshall was physically able, he was one of a few players that played like he wants to win (Long, Forte, Bennett) as well.

MARSHALL taught other players how important it is to stay healthy and work in the offseason. Yeah maybe I can see other players getting pissed because Marshall makes them LOOK BAD. You know, the overperformer at work that makes the rest of the team look lazy.

3. Ryan Pace said he wants a tough football team, then he turns around and cuts one of the toughest players on that team, if not the toughest. If Pace wants a tough football team we are going to see A LOT more cuts coming.

4. This is an experienced coaching staff with John Fox leading the team. He is known to be a no nonsense guy who can get a locker room in order. If that's the case then tell Marshall to drop his show on showtime and play football.

5. I don't argue with Hub and Bernstien about other players not liking Marshall. A lot of players probably don't like the best player on the team telling them to play better. Get tougher players all around.

Do you see how the Patriots handle so called "troubled players" ? I thought this staff might be up for the task a bit more, knowing how experienced they are.

6. The season will go on and hope Pace + Fox get this shit team turned around. I am sick of all the highly paid underperformers we have. Marshall was not one of those.

When you walk the walk you can talk the talk. This team needs to grow a pair and learn a few things from the guy as well. Stop getting offended when the best player on the team makes you look bad.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What you're basically saying here, Jester, is that you know how to run a football team better than Ryan Pace and John Fox (as well as the front offices of two other NFL teams).

Maybe, just maybe, they know a little more about how Marshall really is than you do.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You dont have to be an ass to be tough. Marshall was an asshole and drama queen

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So fucking dumb. Will be back to rage Monday. Trying to enjoy my weekend.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marshall threw his teammates under the bus and Jay specifically. Jay didn't respond to escalate the war which wouldn't have made it better unless Marshall was going to get cut or suspended. The guy didn't rally the troops with his outbursts, he fractured the team when they were down and without Jay responding in kind to his supposed buddy, he lost some swagger. Marshall wasn't the cause but had a hand in the continued collapse. His coach is the one that could have set this straight but instead handed him the shovel to dig his grave on this team. No wonder Marshall only had glowing praise for Trestman. The guy has a jaundiced eye and deals with adversity by compounding it. With other coaches this may have gone differently but it's probably passed the point of no return if you're trying to recreate a team mentality.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
What you're basically saying here, Jester, is that you know how to run a football team better than Ryan Pace and John Fox (as well as the front offices of two other NFL teams).

Maybe, just maybe, they know a little more about how Marshall really is than you do.

Of course they do, and no I'm not saying I know football better. You probably would have told me the same thing when the Bears hired Trestman and Emery to. Yes, I probably could run a team better than they can.

I'm not hating on Fox and Pace, Fox was my first choice for coach. We will go on without Marshall obviously, but this team's motivation and toughness certainly has to be in question. Honestly there are only a few players I really want to keep....Fuller, Long, Slausen, Bushrod, Young, Ratliffe, Bennett, Jeffery, and Forte. That's about it, blow the shit up !!!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I am not denying Brandon Marshall has mental issues, WE ALL KNOW THIS. I hoped an experienced staff could get the some of the bullshit under control. What some of you fail to realize is that Brandon Marshall DID have leadership qualities as well and that cannot be denied.

Brandon Marshall was also a great football player which cannot be denied.

Reactions: Myk