***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Once Marshall is gone Cutler will take the next step in his career.

Can't wait until Pace figures out this whole building a team thing is hard when you don't have a Drew Brees on your roster.

Aqbased

Liked Posts:
Oh who gives a flying fuck whether or not the guy has mental problems you fucking susans. This is football the whole fucking football team has mental problems along with the damn fanbase.

Oh boohoo my wr is a diva who has mental problems. Jesus christ

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Once Marshall is gone Cutler will take the next step in his career.

Can't wait until Pace figures out this whole building a team thing is hard when you don't have a Drew Brees on your roster.

Sure, which is why they have the time they need to do it the right way- i.e. with multiple yrs of drafting relatively high to build a core of low priced, young, athletic, players that fit the systems they're putting in.

Get ready for a lot of L's in the next couple yrs...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the team can become tougher without someone that's always saying 'look at me', you should be this tough, even if he's right. If anyone thinks a team of 54 Marshalls would be at all functional is fooling themselves. I wish it went different last year and we could keep him but i get it. There's a level of personal trust between him and his mates that;s been lost. Not a biggy unless your a spotlight seeking, self appointed mouthpiece getting in everybody's face and doing your own thing during practices. Without the personal stuff, you can deal with the rest but it's become too much and he's worn out his welcome.....again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not denying Brandon Marshall has mental issues, WE ALL KNOW THIS. I hoped an experienced staff could get the some of the bullshit under control. What some of you fail to realize is that Brandon Marshall DID have leadership qualities as well and that cannot be denied.

Brandon Marshall was also a great football player which cannot be denied.
Same here but the last regime may have lost too much control to recover a bad situation. They let it escalate and even added fuel to the fire.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Oh who gives a flying fuck whether or not the guy has mental problems you fucking susans. This is football the whole fucking football team has mental problems along with the damn fanbase.

Oh boohoo my wr is a diva who has mental problems. Jesus christ

This from a Raider/Bear fan?...now there's a paradox.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I think the team can become tougher without someone that's always saying 'look at me', you should be this tough, even if he's right. If anyone thinks a team of 54 Marshalls would be at all functional is fooling themselves. I wish it went different last year and we could keep him but i get it. There's a level of personal trust between him and his mates that;s been lost. Not a biggy unless your a spotlight seeking, self appointed mouthpiece getting in everybody's face and doing your own thing during practices. Without the personal stuff, you can deal with the rest but it's become too much and he's worn out his welcome.....again.

Excuse me, other players should look at how Marshall plays the game, they should look at how he takes care of himself in the offseason, they should look at how he practices in the offseason and in camp. He is a FOOTBALL PLAYER for crying out loud. Not every player has a problem with Marshall in the locker room. Just ignore him and play fucking football. You guys act like he is the only football player to play with and attitude.

Are Chicago sports fans fucking bipolar or something? They want "the fire", "the passion", and "the toughness" but hey let's get rid of one of the best, most passionate, and certainly toughest players on the team.

Most of you guys would want to see the entire 85 team cut. WTF is wrong with you fans?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We can disagree but reports have been that he would tell coaches what he's going to do in practice instead of going with the flow. There's obviously no questioning his skill set and dedication to staying in shape but when he cries team it's about him wanting a ring more than supporting his mates and it's gotten old everywhere he's been. This is teams not continuing to run into a wall because it feels better when they stop. Doesn't matter if we were gong to cut him, if all we could get was a 5th to assure a destination, it seems the league agrees.

Liked Posts:
I wonder if part of the reason for trading Marshall, in addition to him being a problem, is that WR is a good position for where the Bears will be drafting. Also, as good as Marshall is, he's not the fastest guy and he and Jerrery are very similar. Whether it's Cooper or White, each have good 40 times.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
We can disagree but reports have been that he would tell coaches what he's going to do in practice instead of going with the flow. There's obviously no questioning his skill set and dedication to staying in shape but when he cries team it's about him wanting a ring more than supporting his mates and it's gotten old everywhere he's been. This is teams stopping running into a wall because it feels better when they stop. Doesn't matter if we were gong to cut him, if all we could get was a 5th to assure a destination, it seems the league agrees.

All the players should be wanting a ring so wouldn't that be supporting your mates? Or do you mean you should bullshit, cover up, and keep quite when your mates are playing like shit and not doing their job. Yeah I will agree to disagree. The first objective of a football player should not be "protecting your mates", it should be winning football games. That includes getting on the guys who aren't preforming as well.

EDIT:

Never heard of Marshall doing his own thing at camp. However, from what I have heard about that last coaching staff is that a lot of players were are their own. It's clear the last coaching staff did not know how to coach and organize a team. Look I'm not bashing on Trestman, he may be a fine OC but he is not NFL HC material.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I wonder if part of the reason for trading Marshall, in addition to him being a problem, is that WR is a good position for where the Bears will be drafting. Also, as good as Marshall is, he's not the fastest guy and he and Jerrery are very similar. Whether it's Cooper or White, each have good 40 times.

This is certainly more logical to me. If pace and fox went into this with the following reasoning I'm fine with it.

1. Marshall is older and coming off an injury
2. Marshall is expensive this year, though it only save 4 mil in cap
3. There are a lot of good young WR with speed in the draft, let's get one. Especially since Jeffery is kind of the same mold as Marshall.

I get that from a football perspective. Prob still would have kept him another year though and picked up a young guy in the draft.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Using our top 10 pick on a WR which would be a safer choice would be a mistake. Getting a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball is how you're going to get the best value for that pick outside of trading down which probably won't be realistic unless somebody wants to trade up for Cooper/White.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Using our top 10 pick on a WR which would be a safer choice would be a mistake. Getting a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball is how you're going to get the best value for that pick outside of trading down which probably won't be realistic unless somebody wants to trade up for Cooper/White.

Nah that won't happen, it will be spent on defense. What people are saying about a new WR is that this is a very deep draft in the position. You can get a quality guy in the 3rd.

proton

Liked Posts:
By all accounts he was universally despised by his teammates in Denver, Miami and Chicago as a locker room cancer. His me me me first agenda wears thin real quick everywhere he goes. In 2-3 years the Jets will show him the door.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes lets cut one of the best WRs in football and the best in Bears history because he dropped a pass.

No, let's trade him because his best years are behind him, he inhibits the ability to rebuild the team, and he has a severe attitude problem.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
By all accounts he was universally despised by his teammates in Denver, Miami and Chicago as a locker room cancer. His me me me first agenda wears thin real quick everywhere he goes. In 2-3 years the Jets will show him the door.

Because you weren't in the locker room physically, meatheads here will say you are wrong, but the evidence speaks for itself.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
trade top 10 receiver for voicing his displeasure with how shitty the team is playing... Or wait was it to clear da capspaceeeeeeeeeeeeeee? Or no, wait, was it cause he's getting old and da dementia starting to set in?

1/10 trade. Welcome to my acl list pace/fox and whoever we pick up with that 5th round pick

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All the players should be wanting a ring so wouldn't that be supporting your mates? Or do you mean you should bullshit, cover up, and keep quite when your mates are playing like shit and not doing their job. Yeah I will agree to disagree. The first objective of a football player should not be "protecting your mates", it should be winning football games. That includes getting on the guys who aren't preforming as well.

EDIT:

Never heard of Marshall doing his own thing at camp. However, from what I have heard about that last coaching staff is that a lot of players were are their own. It's clear the last coaching staff did not know how to coach and organize a team. Look I'm not bashing on Trestman, he may be a fine OC but he is not NFL HC material.

I don't disagree with the last part at all. It's just that Marshall was facilitated and it was likely felt we can't go back.