***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Once Marshall is gone Cutler will take the next step in his career.

I've wondered if that was a possible reason. If so and it works great. If not and we end up with some scrub throwing balls and scrubs trying to catch the balls we have a McDummy destroying the team.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Those who think you cut a WR that is a "look at me" type need to hang up watching all sports, or all entertainment for that matter. The "don't look at me" types are working in some cubical somewhere doing just enough to get by trying to keep the world from noticing them.
It just happens in football the best WRs are some of the biggest "look at me" types.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Those who think you cut a WR that is a "look at me" type need to hang up watching all sports, or all entertainment for that matter. The "don't look at me" types are working in some cubical somewhere doing just enough to get by trying to keep the world from noticing them.
It just happens in football the best WRs are some of the biggest "look at me" types.

Pace didn't trade Marshall because he was a "look at me" type. That's hilarious, though.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Pace didn't trade Marshall because he was a "look at me" type. That's hilarious, though.

I know. Locker room cancer is somewhat believable. Practice cancer somewhat believable. Aging/injured somewhat believable. Cutler favoritism somewhat believable.
Crazy, extremely illegal and unbelievable since many players are undiagnosed crazy.
Attention whore, same as above.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Did someone actually say that? Doubt anyone would really think that.. I was pissed about the trade and wish he, as a player was still on the team but it's sounding like he is kind of a bitch.. For a new GM and HC to say fuck it, give me a 5th for that type of talent, then it must be bad. maybe eventually more will be leaked out about what led up to it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Did someone actually say that? Doubt anyone would really think that.. I was pissed about the trade and wish he, as a player was still on the team but it's sounding like he is kind of a bitch.. For a new GM and HC to say fuck it, give me a 5th for that type of talent, then it must be bad. maybe eventually more will be leaked out about what led up to it.

That's all I can figure as an excusable reason to trade him for a 5th.
It had better have been bad for it to be worth trading talent for someone who's likely not going to see the field.

I want to have faith in the new staff but this did not help. This is McDaniels goes to Denver type stuff.

Yes someone said that,
I think the team can become tougher without someone that's always saying 'look at me', you should be this tough, even if he's right. If anyone thinks a team of 54 Marshalls would be at all functional is fooling themselves. I wish it went different last year and we could keep him but i get it. There's a level of personal trust between him and his mates that;s been lost. Not a biggy unless your a spotlight seeking, self appointed mouthpiece getting in everybody's face and doing your own thing during practices. Without the personal stuff, you can deal with the rest but it's become too much and he's worn out his welcome.....again.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The Boyle tweets indicate that the distraction stuff was more accurate than I thought so I will admit that I was wrong about that with apologies to windy city. I do think a better coach could have controlled that though. I don't think marshall or anyone else respected trestman by the middle of the second season

I agree a better coach could've controlled him.

Liked Posts:
Using our top 10 pick on a WR which would be a safer choice would be a mistake. Getting a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball is how you're going to get the best value for that pick outside of trading down which probably won't be realistic unless somebody wants to trade up for Cooper/White.

Nah that won't happen, it will be spent on defense. What people are saying about a new WR is that this is a very deep draft in the position. You can get a quality guy in the 3rd.

I'm sure they probably would prefer an impact pass rusher over a WR. But trading Marshall does clear a roster spot and salary that allows them the flexibility to take an impact WR instead of reaching for a defensive player. It's also important that this isn't a wasted pick, which becomes a bigger issue if they reach on a defensive player.

But I'm sure they'd rather take an impact pass rusher for several reasons. In Carolina, they acquired Peppers around the time Fox became their coach. In SF your new DC had Aldon Smith. In Denver they took Von Miller as it was Fox's first year there. So there's clearly a history of these guys making good use of elite pass rushers and achieving success because of it. And then there's also the fact that the defense is the side of the ball that's been most neglected by the past regime. That's in addition to guys getting older and moving on.

But if their guy isn't there, it's not a bad idea to take WR if they're more sure he'll have an impact.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
If true - and I agree with you - the team cannot realistically compete in 2015, and with luck, maybe fight for a playoff spot in 2016.

In 2 years' time, BM is finished in the NFL or near it, and either way not worth the distraction. Therefore, one can conclude that BM cannot under any foreseeable circumstances be part of the Bears' winning future, so WTF keep him on - to win 7 games instead of 5-6 in 2015? This is why the tears are raining down?

It really is mind-boggling.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

OR....OR they traded him because Cutler doesn't want him there anymore muuuuahahahahahaha

RIDGE

Liked Posts:
Like the majority have stated...this move was ridiculous!!! Reminds me of the thomas jones trade...and we all know how well that turned out. I promise u jeffries production is gonna go way down next year, without marshall there to be triple teamed. And the idiots that agree with this trade will have to eat crow. Dumb move by an even dumber organization!! Iand i betcha anythimg marshall goes over 1300 yds next yr.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Like the majority have stated...this move was ridiculous!!! Reminds me of the thomas jones trade...and we all know how well that turned out. I promise u jeffries production is gonna go way down next year, without marshall there to be triple teamed. And the idiots that agree with this trade will have to eat crow. Dumb move by an even dumber organization!! Iand i betcha anythimg marshall goes over 1300 yds next yr.

Sure thing.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Bearmick knows a lot about running a football team. What a lame post! This same post has been issued when the two bozos who preceded him were here.
I waited until they had failed before cunt bleeding over them. This regime hasn't even had their first draft and you're writing them off because of Brandon freaking Marshall? Get a grip dude.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I waited until they had failed before cunt bleeding over them. This regime hasn't even had their first draft and you're writing them off because of Brandon freaking Marshall? Get a grip dude.

To be fair, The Hawk is one of our more uh, special posters.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It really is mind-boggling.

The butt-hurt is strong. Thought it topped out with "Rex is going to come back and Haunt us" "Olin is going to haunt us" "#54.....", fuck, a lot of personal attachment. This is a business, "franchise-best ever at that position" and "bought the jersey" sentiments don't really get factored in

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

giphy.gif