***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some star wars geek is fapping like crazy right now.

Fixed that issue:

carrie-fisher-320.jpg

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The butt-hurt is strong. Thought it topped out with "Rex is going to come back and Haunt us" "Olin is going to haunt us" "#54.....", fuck, a lot of personal attachment. This is a business, "franchise-best ever at that position" and "bought the jersey" sentiments don't really get factored in

No butt hurt here. It's business.
So your idea of running a business is to give away your best assets for things you have very little odds of replacing them with?

If this is this staff's idea of needed problems to get rid of and worthy compensation for it there's going to be rebuilding needed but there won't be anything to rebuild with.
If they bring in Tebow or Orton to save us we'll know what's up.

Marshall's worth, 2 2nd rounders to Miami with the GF incident hanging over his head, 2 3rd rounders to the Bears with the wife incident and the NYC lying bitch hanging over his head, 1 5th rounder to Jets with no incidents other than he did some shows?

I get that some of you don't like him and are bigoted about "mental problems", but as you said, it's a business.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Pace is too eager to start the rebuilding, reminds me of Jerry Krause pushing everyone out the door. We have a better coaching staff, why not wait, until someone get injured on another team and try to get more for him, Whats the rush?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Like the majority have stated...this move was ridiculous!!! Reminds me of the thomas jones trade...and we all know how well that turned out. I promise u jeffries production is gonna go way down next year, without marshall there to be triple teamed. And the idiots that agree with this trade will have to eat crow. Dumb move by an even dumber organization!! Iand i betcha anythimg marshall goes over 1300 yds next yr.

Jeffery wasn't that great. I think he's a outstanding #2 but the guy doesn't do anything amazing. Yes, he can make some great catches. But he doesn't break tackles, doesn't have speed and isn't playing like a #1.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So your idea of running a business is to give away your best assets for things you have very little odds of replacing them with?

If this is this staff's idea of needed problems to get rid of and worthy compensation for it there's going to be rebuilding needed but there won't be anything to rebuild with.

Marshall's worth, 2 2nd rounders to Miami with the GF incident hanging over his head, 2 3rd rounders to the Bears with the wife incident and the NYC lying bitch hanging over his head, 1 5th rounder to Jets with no incidents other than he did some shows?

I get that some of you don't like him and are bigoted about "mental problems", but as you said, it's a business.

Well, yeah, i actually do have "IRL" experience in turning around and building companies, and i agree 100% with this move. BM is just one player, analyzing his past production, his place in the pantheon of great Bears WRS (lol), are irrelevant. If he's not part of the winning future - which no one can believe he is - then WTF would you want him to stay? Go be a better bottom-dweller in our division? We blow with BM, and worse without him. Once you blow it doesn't really mater in which degree.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jeffery wasn't that great. I think he's a outstanding #2 but the guy doesn't do anything amazing. Yes, he can make some great catches. But he doesn't break tackles, doesn't have speed and isn't playing like a #1.

I only half agree. he may not be the answer at #1, and we do need someone with speed, but he is still a pretty impressive WR.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Pace is too eager to start the rebuilding, reminds me of Jerry Krause pushing everyone out the door. We have a better coaching staff, why not wait, until someone get injured on another team and try to get more for him, Whats the rush?

Actually, we are years late to the party in starting our rebuild. Pace is my boy so far.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
At least you R-Tards will stop acting like you know what a WR corps is.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
The Chicago media still shaming Marshall after he's gone is nothing short of pathetic.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well, yeah, i actually do have "IRL" experience in turning around and building companies, and i agree 100% with this move. BM is just one player, analyzing his past production, his place in the pantheon of great Bears WRS (lol), are irrelevant. If he's not part of the winning future - which no one can believe he is - then WTF would you want him to stay? Go be a better bottom-dweller in our division? We blow with BM, and worse without him. Once you blow it doesn't really mater in which degree.

A lot of words but don't really say anything.
We blew with everyone on the team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great damn Post, Jester. It is so damn easy for people who see someone who doesn't look or act like them to point fingers and criticize them. Maybe Marshall didn't conduct himself like some fucking model player or teammate BUT........he busted his ass off to win and many, MANY of them did not. ANd when he called them out on it(including Cutler and Gould) they got their poor whittle feelings hurt. Tough shit.

Marshall TRIED to light a fire under a team that was fucking underachieving and giving up including a whole lot of highly payed veterans. A team that had no leadership from a coaching staff that got undermined by a lot of these same veterans. THEY FUCKING GAVE UP.

So, you are right, Jester! Some of these Bears fans want things all wrapped up in a nice neat package. Heaven forbid a 6'4" 230# monster of an all-pro wide receiver gets pissed off an yells at his teammates. Shame on him.

Next players to go:

Bennett -- FIghts with defensive players(think that didn't happen in '85?). Shoots his mouth off occasionally

Forte -- Wants to get paid for performance and not shy about saying it.

Houston -- Former Raider -- Can't have those guys on this buttom down collar team

Bostic --- Personal fouls can't be tolerated
I don't care if he's different. I wouldn't have bitched if he stayed. I just understand why he's not. I don't recall the other guys on your list not showing up for games. You're just rationalizing a bunch a shit and talking out of your ass. I liked the Marshall signing and his play until last year. It's not his play that's an issue. If you don't get it or agree, that's fine but those make believe extreme non-examples are juvenile. Jesus, the guy has a pattern of wearing out his welcome yet somehow this is not his fault. Somebody's got blinders on and it's not the fans you referred to. The ESPN documentary thing, the Cutler thing, the locker room thing, the knowing better than coaches how to practice thing, the insistence on continuing to do the show thing. Consider that the show may be an off day but Mr Team was taking plain rides and sitting behind a desk instead of getting his ankle up or worked on.

The reasons for not retaining him are obvious. If you don't think them serious enough in a team sport to warrant a trade for a new regime that doesn't want to deal with it, you're entitled but don't make nonsense extrapolations. It's not like Gase doesn't know what he would be getting into both good and bad. If we kept him, I wouldn't bitch but for a staff that's trying to instill team to one that's lost a bit of it, losing a member that throws his QB under the bus, calls a guy that stands up for himself 'only a kicker' and basically goes mental because he's unhappy about his and the teams production, I get it. You don't get better play out of teammates by calling them out and belittling them in the media. You get self satisfaction and dissidence. Rip your coworkers or the guy above you and see if they want to help you out. Way different than your boss ripping a few.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I have a mentally handicapped daughter. I respect what Marshall has done with his obvious issues but that comment is basically admitting that it's affecting things. It's like saying someone is 'bigoted' against blind people because they can't catch a ball. The guy gets paid a shitload of money. If a team doesn't want to manage him, or deal with it, it's their prerogative. No need for name calling.

You know what, Fuck it. Have a nice week, guys. I'm out until we sign somebody. I'm a bit tired of internet extremism.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

Not eager enough, considering a certain someone is still on the roster.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Like the majority have stated...this move was ridiculous!!! Reminds me of the thomas jones trade...and we all know how well that turned out. I promise u jeffries production is gonna go way down next year, without marshall there to be triple teamed. And the idiots that agree with this trade will have to eat crow. Dumb move by an even dumber organization!! Iand i betcha anythimg marshall goes over 1300 yds next yr.

Drafting Cedric Benson as a viable upgrade to Jones - and the ensuing trade - trumps this situation by a long shot.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I have a mentally handicapped daughter. I respect what Marshall has done with his obvious issues but that comment is basically admitting that it's affecting things. It's like saying someone is 'bigoted' against blind people because they can't catch a ball. The guy gets paid a shitload of money. If a team doesn't want to manage him, or deal with it, it's their prerogative. No need for name calling.

You know what, Fuck it. Have a nice week, guys. I'm out until we sign somebody. I'm a bit tired of internet extremism.

Your comment would make sense except just about everyone in the NFL is "blind" but undiagnosed. You think Suh & Raiola are sane?
If there's a mental issue to get rid of Marshall over it's that his treatment for BPD has taken away some of his drive, he even he has admitted to that.

Name calling???? Bigoted is a word with a well defined meaning. That definition fits. Some people think "mental illness" and instantly jump to thinking "unsafe", "crazy", "danger".
That must've struck home for you to take offense. Perhaps instead of trying to play the victim you should work on not being a bigot.