HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also I think the concept of completely imploding in order to rebuild is sort of unnecessary in the modern NFL. But whatever. Enjoy your shit show, it's no guarantee next season or the one after will be any better.

Were about to become the Chicago Browns. Book it.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I just hope we don't end up like the Jags or Raiders.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing that's happened has put the Bears back a few years. Brandon Marshall isn't the difference between winning and not.

We have just gone from a laughing stock regime to acquiring a young, highly touted GM and one of the most exciting coaching staffs in the league, and they want to build Chicago a football team. Why on Earth would you not be excited and not want to watch them do it?
haha. We could be talking about Emery and Trestman, your posts were the same when they took over.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Were about to become the Chicago Browns. Book it.

You've come to this conclusion because they did the same thing every other team has done and gotten rid of Brandon Marshall after three years? That alone makes you think the team of Ryan Pace, John Fox, Adam Gase and Vic Fangio are going to become the Browns. Because of Brandon Marshall.

Haha.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
haha. We could be talking about Emery and Trestman, your posts were the same when they took over.

Yeah because a team of experienced, successful NFL coaches is the same as Trestman and Mel Tucker :D :D

The cunting around here is fucking hilarious right now.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's not about getting rid of a GOOD player. it's about getting rid of an expensive, declining, distracting, banged-up WR. i'm bummed to see him go, too, but you have to look at the complete picture. the negatives outweighed the positives.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
You've come to this conclusion because they did the same thing every other team has done and gotten rid of Brandon Marshall after three years? That alone makes you think the team of Ryan Pace, John Fox, Adam Gase and Vic Fangio are going to become the Browns. Because of Brandon Marshall.

Haha.

What even funnier, The Jets have some of the same coaches the dolphins did when Marshall was their. If anything they know hes manageable and are taking advantage of a rookie gm.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah because a team of experienced, successful NFL coaches is the same as Trestman and Mel Tucker :D :D

The cunting around here is fucking hilarious right now.
It's not cunting to point out how you were also pumped about the last regime that turned epic fail. I can't get as high on Fox and friends.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Haha.

A single move is not how I judged it. Its the combination of Marshall gone, Forte and/or Cutler is next, no interest in keeping our best defensive lineman, no guarantee that Pace even gives a fuck about keeping Alshon coupled with the fact he's a god damned rookie GM that I frankly have no confidence will even be able to draft for shit.

But hey, if you want to drink the kool-aid. By all means.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
They aren't getting rid of their good players, they got rid of one good player that they didn't feel was going to be a good guy to have on the team (the same conclusion both his prior teams came to after three years having him).

Brandon Marshall pre-Chicago was very different than Brandon Marshall in Chicago. He's a stand-up guy that cares about winning.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Whenever a new GM or coach is hired for the Bears, I have hopeful optimism. However, with this Marshall trade, the honeymoon period is now over. The only move Pace has made as our GM is trading the best wide receiver in Chicago Bears history away for a 5th round pick. That's all that's on his resumé for us right now. Until it's clear that that was a good move, I don't have any confidence in Pace.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whenever a new GM or coach is hired for the Bears, I have hopeful optimism. However, with this Marshall trade, the honeymoon period is now over. The only move Pace has made as our GM is trading the best wide receiver in Chicago Bears history away for a 5th round pick. That's all that's on his resumé for us right now. Until it's clear that that was a good move, I don't have any confidence in Pace.
So far the new regime has re-signed a crap QB showing me they're not as concerned about that position as they should be and unloaded their only elite football player. Looking for something good to happen to offset this stupid crap.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

:facepalm2: Dear Lord... the guy makes one move you don't like and the honeymoon period is over? The overemotional meatbalism on here right now is just ridiculous.

Can we give the guy one freaking year at least? I mean two or three is ideal. But at least give him one year.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
No, but we have plenty of shit players to get rid of. Getting rid of your good players just because you want to re-build is idiotic.

Agreed that idiocy is pervasive here.

Keeping your small handful of best players, when said best players will be past the apex of their playing year, and while hogging up cap space, and when your team will not compete in the short-term is indeed idiotic. BM adds no meaningful wins in the future, but if you prefer to be a sucky 7-win team instead of a sucky 5-win team, then sure, you're right.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Oh, such wit and clever commentary, I am in awe of the intellectual prowess blended with modern/hipster/urban reference, bravo!

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
This will be a funny bump when Marshall ends up with 900 yards this year, 700 next year, and 400 in 2017.