***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This will be a funny bump when Marshall ends up with 900 yards this year, 700 next year, and 400 in 2017.

And if he goes + 1000 two years in a row and kicks continual ass downfield blocking like no receiver we've ever had, then what will be your opinion ?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if he goes + 1000 two years in a row and kicks continual ass downfield blocking like no receiver we've ever had, then what will be your opinion ?

i imagine most of us would be bummed and consider it a mistake then. 1,000 + 10 tds, yes, that would be missed.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not happy with this move, at all...but willing to give the org until like week 4 before I turn it off and reclaim my Sunday afternoons. They put a shit product on the field, I have no obligation to consume it. Maybe they will surprise me, but I got a feeling this season will be a fucking train wreck. Maybe 2016 will be watchable again.

Agree, but think the new FO deserves through 4-8 games in 2016 to show they are competent.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were about to become the Chicago Browns. Book it.

lol, xero, its gon work out! At the very least, bears have a stud OC and DC! And Fox has shown that he can manage a locker room and his staff. Those 3 factors should be worth some hope.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Whenever a new GM or coach is hired for the Bears, I have hopeful optimism. However, with this Marshall trade, the honeymoon period is now over. The only move Pace has made as our GM is trading the best wide receiver in Chicago Bears history away for a 5th round pick. That's all that's on his resumé for us right now. Until it's clear that that was a good move, I don't have any confidence in Pace.
I nunderstand that point.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't been following, but... Wow, 61 pages! That's...a lot!

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I've already imploded in real life. I just need to put it on the record here. This is just disgusting on so many levels as a fan of the team. Thanks for letting the fans know that you won't be competitive, before the season even starts.

tumblr_lmj7kztT081qg39ewo1_500.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So far Pace is 0-2. Marshall who was arguably their best offensive player is gone and they will not make an offer to their best defensive lineman, Paea. Certainly it is early, but two of my favorite 7 players are gone already. As far as I am concerned he is going to have to do a lot of catching up to even be as bad as they were last year, personnel-wise.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A single move is not how I judged it. Its the combination of Marshall gone, Forte and/or Cutler is next, no interest in keeping our best defensive lineman, no guarantee that Pace even gives a fuck about keeping Alshon coupled with the fact he's a god damned rookie GM that I frankly have no confidence will even be able to draft for shit.

But hey, if you want to drink the kool-aid. By all means.

I don't recognize the things you mention as problems.

Are you one of the handful of remaining Cutler fanboys who still thinks the Bears can win with him? He's best gone. Most of us realize this by now. This is not a bad move.

Who said Forte and/or Alshon were going anywhere?

You don't think Vic Fangio knows what he's doing with defensive linemen? He's one of the best DCs in the league. If he thinks the Bears can do better than Stephen Paea, a borderline starter before one good season last year who likely doesn't even fit his scheme, I'm not worried about it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall pre-Chicago was very different than Brandon Marshall in Chicago. He's a stand-up guy that cares about winning.

Again, I'm pretty sure they know how Marshall really is quite a bit better than we do. They clearly had their reasons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care if he's different. I wouldn't have bitched if he stayed. I just understand why he's not. I don't recall the other guys on your list not showing up for games. You're just rationalizing a bunch a shit and talking out of your ass. I liked the Marshall signing and his play until last year. It's not his play that's an issue. If you don't get it or agree, that's fine but those make believe extreme non-examples are juvenile. Jesus, the guy has a pattern of wearing out his welcome yet somehow this is not his fault. Somebody's got blinders on and it's not the fans you referred to. The ESPN documentary thing, the Cutler thing, the locker room thing, the knowing better than coaches how to practice thing, the insistence on continuing to do the show thing. Consider that the show may be an off day but Mr Team was taking plain rides and sitting behind a desk instead of getting his ankle up or worked on.

The reasons for not retaining him are obvious. If you don't think them serious enough in a team sport to warrant a trade for a new regime that doesn't want to deal with it, you're entitled but don't make nonsense extrapolations. It's not like Gase doesn't know what he would be getting into both good and bad. If we kept him, I wouldn't bitch but for a staff that's trying to instill team to one that's lost a bit of it, losing a member that throws his QB under the bus, calls a guy that stands up for himself 'only a kicker' and basically goes mental because he's unhappy about his and the teams production, I get it. You don't get better play out of teammates by calling them out and belittling them in the media. You get self satisfaction and dissidence. Rip your coworkers or the guy above you and see if they want to help you out. Way different than your boss ripping a few.

I disagree with your assessment. IF a teammate is not pulling their weight, there is not a damn thing wrong with calling them on it. If you and I are supposed to do a job that we are being paid to do upon completion, and you are not doing yours, you think I don't tell you about it? You can be damn sure that I would. And at least Marshall had the balls to say it in front of the person who he was calling out, not the sniffling crap some of his "teammates" did. That is being a man not a cunt. And don;t think that embarrassing a player doesn't help to get him pissed off and motivated. It certainly can work. Not always but it can.

You have to live in a pollyanna world to think that guys do not get pissed off at their teammates and call them out on it. Happens all of the damn time. And players will not wait for their coaches nor should they. Hell, its their career and livelihood is it not.

I don't remember either of Marshall running to the press about what he said. Did he not say it in the locker room? THe fact that someone ratted on what was said is on the rat and no one else. So fuck the rat(s). YOu say it, YOU OWN IT!!!!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't recognize the things you mention as problems.

Are you one of the handful of remaining Cutler fanboys who still thinks the Bears can win with him? He's best gone. Most of us realize this by now. This is not a bad move.

Who said Forte and/or Alshon were going anywhere?

You don't think Vic Fangio knows what he's doing with defensive linemen? He's one of the best DCs in the league. If he thinks the Bears can do better than Stephen Paea, a borderline starter before one good season last year who likely doesn't even fit his scheme, I'm not worried about it.

Let me re-fill that kool-aid for you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let me re-fill that kool-aid for you.

Not panicking about a new coaching staff with a proven track record in March of their first offseason = drinking the kool-aid :bizarro:

Cunt away fellas. This is hilarious.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure they probably would prefer an impact pass rusher over a WR. But trading Marshall does clear a roster spot and salary that allows them the flexibility to take an impact WR instead of reaching for a defensive player. It's also important that this isn't a wasted pick, which becomes a bigger issue if they reach on a defensive player.

But I'm sure they'd rather take an impact pass rusher for several reasons. In Carolina, they acquired Peppers around the time Fox became their coach. In SF your new DC had Aldon Smith. In Denver they took Von Miller as it was Fox's first year there. So there's clearly a history of these guys making good use of elite pass rushers and achieving success because of it. And then there's also the fact that the defense is the side of the ball that's been most neglected by the past regime. That's in addition to guys getting older and moving on.

But if their guy isn't there, it's not a bad idea to take WR if they're more sure he'll have an impact.

People are all over the place with what will happen in the next year. Some say that it will be okay if the Bears suck since they are rebuilding and getting rid of Marshall, Forte, Paea, Bennett, you name them is okay in the big picture. I say to those people, I do not believe you. I do not believe that Fox took this job as a rebuilding endeavor. That would go against every Bears management group I have ever seen with the Bears. They expect to win. ANd I think that 99% of Bears fans are not going to be satisfied next year if they go 5-11 or worse(which I think they will).

I think that the Bears are headed to a very interesting position with their loyal fan base. Kind of like the Cubs organization. Keep rolling in different mid level guys, spread hope around like confetti and the fans will still come in droves. But really, don't deep down actually make the changes necessary to be good. Worry about making the net earnings projections and throw the fans a bone once in awhile. Pace and Fox? Right now, I think that their actions are consistent with stripping an already weak team and making it worse. say as much as you will about the future being brighter in the "long run" but I do not believe that Bears fans are the same as Cubs fans as a group. I think that Bears fans do not like it when their team gets rolled by the Packers every year. Cub fans not so much when they find themselves among the bottom slugs in the NL constantly.

So, it will be interesting what the fans reaction will be if the new Bears team goes 3-13 next year. Will they tolerate this new direction philosophy?

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone got Xero on suicide watch?

robin-williams2.jpg

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'm just not resigned to the 'suck in 2015' thing.

Maybe the new influx of defensive players and coaching could have a difference. Remember, the offense was #2 in the league in 2013. Yes players are older and have injuries but for me, it's simple.

Every season there is a worst to first team in the NFL. It usually comes with a change in coaching staff. That look familiar?

The ENTIRE defense needs work. I don't think spending a draft pick on WR is a luxury the Bears can afford. If they do have to use a pick on a WR, that to me is a wasted pick that could and should be used on a defensive player, running back or offensive lineman

The Bears effectively created a hole at WR (either #1 or #2 depending on what you think Alshon is) where there was no hole on Thursday. That ensures either a free agent signing or a critical draft pick must be used to address it. Signings and draft picks that I would prefer go to D or OL

The void is costly to fill

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Not panicking about a new coaching staff with a proven track record in March of their first offseason = drinking the kool-aid :bizarro:

Cunt away fellas. This is hilarious.
Did that new coaching staff trade away their most talented player on the offense either in Catolina or Denver?