***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is this question real life? The whole organization has the low down on Marshall not just the players. If anybody thinks the new regime just made some half assed rash decision on parting with Marshall they're delusional. They've had two months to "investigate" this whole thing.

The people saying, "I don't see how this makes the team better". It likely doesn't, So for the FO to make this kind of a move should be a hint to those that question it just how bad things really were behind the scenes.

You think a staff that relies on rumor is an excuse???
If it doesn't make the team better then I'm already done with this staff. You can enjoy the next two years of Josh McDaniels raping the team so Bears don't screw with Saints' post season for a while.
But I'll give them into the season. If things were as bad as you think that would be for the better.

And for the cap space claim above, the only way that works is if a hole is left on the team. You're not going to draft a starter ready WR who insists on playing injured. That means we spend out the ass on a FA, so no cap space bonus.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You think a staff that relies on rumor is an excuse???
If it doesn't make the team better then I'm already done with this staff. You can enjoy the next two years of Josh McDaniels raping the team so Bears don't screw with Saints' post season for a while.
But I'll give them into the season. If things were as bad as you think that would be for the better.

And for the cap space claim above, the only way that works is if a hole is left on the team. You're not going to draft a starter ready WR who insists on playing injured. That means we spend out the ass on a FA, so no cap space bonus.

This isn't TMZ. They're not going off of "rumors". There were plenty of facts and evidence within Halas hall to be gathered.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and for the dolphins, and for the broncos. and yet here we are, with brandon marshall on his 4th team. no one questions his play on the field. that clearly isn't the issue. this is nothing new with marshall...see:

http://www.thehuddle.com/x10/articles/j2v-ofinp-marshall.php

that's from after his trade from the broncos to the 'phins., TWO trades ago for those keeping track. those issues manifested in miami and they manifested here. his passion on the field is great, but there's more to this equation then that.

There are many people questioning BM's commitment in this thread. Thats what I am talking about.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this question real life? The whole organization has the low down on Marshall not just the players. If anybody thinks the new regime just made some half assed rash decision on parting with Marshall they're delusional. They've had two months to "investigate" this whole thing.

The people saying, "I don't see how this makes the team better". It likely doesn't, So for the FO to make this kind of a move should be a hint to those that question it just how bad things really were behind the scenes.

No, its just that BM's age was the primary consideration and his drama was the tipping point.

This was a calculated move that was looking ahead 2-4 years much more than it was about dumping a problem player.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This isn't TMZ. They're not going off of "rumors". There were plenty of facts and evidence within Halas hall to be gathered.

New staff, they weren't here to witness it, that means rumors. The only way it's not rumor is if Marshall said something in his interview.

I don't know if I saw the right "football life" but I didn't see what you were talking about.
I know about him pulling himself out of practice with McD, and he probably should've been pulled but McD's ego was too big. I haven't heard of that being a problem on the Bears.
I imagine he is hard to work with, just like almost every star WR is. If this staff can't deal with Marshall what makes you think they'll deal with anyone who can replace him? So do we try to be competitive without WR's?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No, its just that BM's age was the primary consideration and his drama was the tipping point.

This was a calculated move that was looking ahead 2-4 years much more than it was about dumping a problem player.
Yes, which would make it a combination of both of those things. If Marshall was a Reggie Wayne type of guy. He'd likely still be on the team.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If BM was 26 he would still be on the team. Which is my point. Only reason BM's drama is not worth dealing with is cause he only has a couple years left and bears will not be contending.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
New staff, they weren't here to witness it, that means rumors. The only way it's not rumor is if Marshall said something in his interview.

I don't know if I saw the right "football life" but I didn't see what you were talking about.
I know about him pulling himself out of practice with McD, and he probably should've been pulled but McD's ego was too big. I haven't heard of that being a problem on the Bears.
I imagine he is hard to work with, just like almost every star WR is. If this staff can't deal with Marshall what makes you think they'll deal with anyone who can replace him? So do we try to be competitive without WR's?

You're not getting this so have a good night. I'll leave you with this. When things happen with players, reports are written and notes are taken taken. Every player has a personal file just as most of us do that work for a company. That file will contain any information about your personal behavior that's been detrimental to the work place. Every single practice is video taped. These things are called evidence.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You're not getting this so have a good night. I'll leave you with this. When things happen with players, reports are written and notes are taken taken. Every single practice is video taped. These things are called evidence.

OK, and maybe if something happens in the interview you can say you don't want to deal with him based on what others have said or is in video. But for anything to be that bad we would've heard about it just like we heard about it in Denver (which is not the reporter rumor level BS we've heard so far).
Otherwise it's a whole new staff, new personalities, different personality clashes. If they got rid of Marshall based on how he clashed with the last staff what's going to happen when it's Jeffery that clashes with this one?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
OK, and maybe if something happens in the interview you can say you don't want to deal with him based on what others have said or is in video. But for anything to be that bad we would've heard about it just like we heard about it in Denver (which is not the reporter rumor level BS we've heard so far).
Otherwise it's a whole new staff, new personalities, different personality clashes. If they got rid of Marshall based on how he clashed with the last staff what's going to happen when it's Jeffery that clashes with this one?

Lmfao WUT? Jeffrey is not an explosive personality and a model citizen. You're straw man argument is weak. Jeffrey has had a total of zero bad press. As for any other players we draft or bring in, Mental evaluation is a huge part of the process. Pace isn't going to draft any nut cases. If by some small chance he does, feel free to start a thread labeling him a hypocrite.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
ANY PLAYER, fill in the fucking blank. Geez, seriously?

You're claiming he fired someone over personality clashes with a staff that is no longer here. So what happens when the some of people who are left has personality clashes with staff that actually is here?

So what in that mind that couldn't fill in the blank and had to focus on "Jeffery" thinks that what was seen on film makes it so urgent to get rid of Marshall before trades even start, for a 5th and before training starts so what was seen on film can be judged against what is actually seen?

Going by your story: At worst we have Josh McDaniels destroying the team for nothing in return because his ego is too big to fit around any good players. At best we have Lovie getting rid of players for nothing in return over personality issues.
Not exactly filling me with hope.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
desbro why did you thank my post in which I called people that question BM's commitment fucking idiots? You're one of those people.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
desbro why did you thank my post in which I called people that question BM's commitment fucking idiots? You're one of those people.
I don't fully question his commitment over his career, but I question his commitment when he's being a bitch and staying in NY for his show, missing practices and blowing off a Packer week in order to do his publicity shit. I don;t question his passion before this past season.

AKA: BEFORE TRESTMAN BECAME MARSHALL AND CO.'S BITCH.

I promise not to tank a post from you again, but it's funny to know you actually look to see who thanks your posts. lol!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you are saying this is the worst BM did in Chicago? And that warrants shipping him away? lmao, ok.

Just that I get it. I don't know what the worst he's done is or how much he distracts a locker room or practice and stated I'd have not complained about him staying. Briggs walked out on that mess. I expect him to have a couple good years at his new digs and wish him well. I never questioned his or for that matter, Briggs, play.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ANY PLAYER, fill in the fucking blank. Geez, seriously?

You're claiming he fired someone over personality clashes with a staff that is no longer here. So what happens when the some of people who are left has personality clashes with staff that actually is here?

So what in that mind that couldn't fill in the blank and had to focus on "Jeffery" thinks that what was seen on film makes it so urgent to get rid of Marshall before trades even start, for a 5th and before training starts so what was seen on film can be judged against what is actually seen?

Going by your story: At worst we have Josh McDaniels destroying the team for nothing in return because his ego is too big to fit around any good players. At best we have Lovie getting rid of players for nothing in return over personality issues.
Not exactly filling me with hope.
Marshall was shipped because he's an ongoing, tangible pain in the ass. According to sources in Halas Hall there were players who would have chipped in for his plane ticket out of town, because he's so exhausting to be around with his bullshit. Pace didn't think the drama is worth it and got rid of him, just like every other team he's played for has done. He clearly knows more about the true extent of Marshall's behavior and the affect it has in a locker room than we do.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It was virtually guaranteed, with or without BM/Cutler/Forte.

I feel the same way going into 2015 as i did 12 months ago, knowing the personnel level isn't near competing in the playoffs.

Difference is, last year apparently i was a Hater-that-should-die because i refused to crown Emery the Great, and this year i am far more optimistic about the team's direction yet everyone else seems to be vag-bleeding.

See, I'm not.

Let's look at it this way.

2013 - offense was #2 in the league. Everyone was healthy and the O Line played EVERY game together (unheard of in the NFL). Going into 2015, players are older and more banged up, but assume they find a burner #3. Assume they get better at center and RT.

Fangio is regarded as the best DC in the game. There will be a TON of new players. The Bears have a high pick in each round.

Frankly, I would have preferred ONE more year with this offense. Again, just one season removed, it was the second best in the league. Last year was a complete shit show as a result of an inept staff.

I would have simply liked to see what the new staff can do with the existing offensive talent (with a couple of changes on the line, a burner #3 and Zach Miller healthy for a 2 tight end set). Couple that with the changes in the Bears D with picks, FA and Fangio.

Call me crazy - I would just have liked to see that. If they shit the bed drastically on O after this season, THEN blow it up.

You, and everyone else, say they are going to suck in 2015. Why not suck with the offense that was #2 in the league one season removed? At least it will be exciting.

Am I supposed to give a fuck, for 16 games, about Shaun Hill throwng the ball to Marquise Wilson?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I understand being upset about losing BM's production.

But you can't evaluate this trade fairly without factoring in the return consideration (draft pick plus cap space).

Cap space to spend on overpriced free agents. You don't build teams with buying overpriced free agents.

Cap space to spend on expiring contract Bears? Who are they?

A 5th? Could wind up being a nice player (Kam Chancellor) or could wind up being an ST guy or could wind up being a bum. A 5th is a late round pick.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
See, I'm not.

Let's look at it this way.

2013 - offense was #2 in the league. Everyone was healthy and the O Line played EVERY game together (unheard of in the NFL). Going into 2015, players are older and more banged up, but assume they find a burner #3. Assume they get better at center and RT.

Fangio is regarded as the best DC in the game. There will be a TON of new players. The Bears have a high pick in each round.

Frankly, I would have preferred ONE more year with this offense. Again, just one season removed, it was the second best in the league. Last year was a complete shit show as a result of an inept staff.

I would have simply liked to see what the new staff can do with the existing offensive talent (with a couple of changes on the line, a burner #3 and Zach Miller healthy for a 2 tight end set). Couple that with the changes in the Bears D with picks, FA and Fangio.

Call me crazy - I would just have liked to see that. If they shit the bed drastically on O after this season, THEN blow it up.

You, and everyone else, say they are going to suck in 2015. Why not suck with the offense that was #2 in the league one season removed? At least it will be exciting.

Am I supposed to give a fuck, for 16 games, about Shaun Hill throwng the ball to Marquise Wilson?

That #2 ranking wasn't real accurate of our offense that season though.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

This may or may not be true.

All we've heard is speculation. Have we heard ANY player shit on him? Usually when a guy is gone, shit will come out. Nothing has come out. Not one player from that totally fucked up locker room (under Trestman) has said anything bad about him. Alshon, Bennett, Long, Forte - all have come out and said they are disappointed and bummed (shit you'd expect them to say). But still, athletes have big mouths and they have twitter. Someone would have said something.

Not to mention, the 'locker room' shit from last year? Consists of a coaching staff who is good and at least 25 or so players who are gone. It's like bitching about not getting along with a guy at work - who doesn't work there any more.

The ONLY inkling I've heard is Gould (and that was on a Mannelly/Spiegel interview) and frankly, he came off like a dick. I kept thinking 'umm, dude, you're the kicker'. That's like the mail room boy bitching at the quarterly board meeting. Shut the fuck up and kick the ball. If a kicker is a spokesperson or leader on your team, your team is fucked. Add to that, this kicker was having a dogshit season. A 40 year old guy sitting on the couch came in at the end of the year and kicked better.

If people are fine with the most productive WR in Bears' history being gone, surely they are happy with Robbie 'Feed My Family' Gould being replaced as well.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
You're not getting this so have a good night. I'll leave you with this. When things happen with players, reports are written and notes are taken taken. Every player has a personal file just as most of us do that work for a company. That file will contain any information about your personal behavior that's been detrimental to the work place. Every single practice is video taped. These things are called evidence.

Explain Dez Bryant.