***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Such raw emotions of dumbness in this thread, OMG.

Some posters threatening to not be fans anymore??? NEWS FLASH, you never really were a fan to begin with then, just a poser fan!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Marshall was shipped because he's an ongoing, tangible pain in the ass. According to sources in Halas Hall there were players who would have chipped in for his plane ticket out of town, because he's so exhausting to be around with his bullshit. Pace didn't think the drama is worth it and got rid of him, just like every other team he's played for has done. He clearly knows more about the true extent of Marshall's behavior and the affect it has in a locker room than we do.

You are LITERALLY typing the exact words that Bernstein said on Friday.

For a guy that says 'FBHNP, you are hung up on Bernstein, I form my own opinions' - you literally parrot exactly what he says as if it's gospel truth.

Not ONE player has said anything to support his. Shit would leak out via player's mouths, twitter, etc. People NAME players. Bernstein didn't have a problem NAMING the player who apparently fucked everything within earshot of a Hawks rink. Why not NAME these 'sources'?

If there are people that would 'chip in for the ticket', name them.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
That #2 ranking wasn't real accurate of our offense that season though.

#2 is #2. It was still better than 30 other teams in the NFL.

You can do the 'well, it really wasn't the best D because they played Jacksonville, etc' kinda shit all day long. The rankings are the rankings.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Such raw emotions of dumbness in this thread, OMG.

Some posters threatening to not be fans anymore??? NEWS FLASH, you never really were a fan to begin with then, just a poser fan!

You know what else is dumb?

'Fans' who have decided they are the arbiter of what is or what isn't a 'fan'.

Why does it matter what someone else's 'fandom' is?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

For a guy that says 'FBHNP, you are hung up on Bernstein, I form my own opinions' - you literally parrot exactly what he says as if it's gospel truth.

Not ONE player has said anything to support his. Shit would leak out via player's mouths, twitter, etc. People NAME players. Bernstein didn't have a problem NAMING the player who apparently fucked everything within earshot of a Hawks rink. Why not NAME these 'sources'?

So, is your point of view that Foxxy and Pace are dumb and idiots? And that BM was no issue at all and this "stuff" is just none sense?

3 hip surgeries guys!! 3 hip surgeries at the age of 30, he'll be lucky to be productive for another 3 years.

I'll miss the player, but fuck off with the rest of the shit, a team atmosphere is a must for an organisation to move forward, obviously, he wasn't part of those plans.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what else is dumb?

'Fans' who have decided they are the arbiter of what is or what isn't a 'fan'.

Why does it matter what someone else's 'fandom' is?

It doesn't, but it makes them posers and not actual hardcore fans as most of us are.

Then they want to join in conversations as if their opinions as a passive fan even fucking matters to us hardcore guys that eat and sleep Bears and/or football.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
I understand being upset about losing BM's production.

But you can't evaluate this trade fairly without factoring in the return consideration (draft pick plus cap space).

Wow, really tell me the last time a 5th round draft pick did anything for the Bears? WTF

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sorry....I'm not going to waste every Sunday afternoon under the ideal of forced devotion. I watch football to be entertained. It's the responsibility of the organization to put a good product on the field that entertains us. None of us owe the Bears anything. If they give us watchable football, I'll watch. If they don't, I won't. Feel free to torture yourself and wear the self proclaimed badge of "real fan". I just don't fucking care that much anymore, I have better shit to do with my time. I've been a fan of this team since I was a little kid...but as I've gotten older my priorities have changed. Time is the most precious commodity any of us have and I'm not willing to give up a big chunk of the little free time I have raging at ineptitude. I'll watch the first several weeks and if it's awful, I'm shutting down till next season.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry....I'm not going to waste every Sunday afternoon under the ideal of forced devotion. I watch football to be entertained. It's the responsibility of the organization to put a good product on the field that entertains us. None of us owe the Bears anything. If they give us watchable football, I'll watch. If they don't, I won't. Feel free to torture yourself and wear the self proclaimed badge of "real fan". I just don't fucking care that much anymore, I have better shit to do with my time. I've been a fan of this team since I was a little kid...but as I've gotten older my priorities have changed. Time is the most precious commodity any of us have and I'm not willing to give up a big chunk of the little free time I have raging at ineptitude. I'll watch the first several weeks and if it's awful, I'm shutting down till next season.

All that because they traded Marshall? Did you turn them off last year?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It was Hub who said that players would chip in for his ticket. I trust Hub when it comes to his sources in HH. Get over the Bernstein obsession dude, it's becoming creepy.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
So, is your point of view that Foxxy and Pace are dumb and idiots? And that BM was no issue at all and this "stuff" is just none sense?

3 hip surgeries guys!! 3 hip surgeries at the age of 30, he'll be lucky to be productive for another 3 years.

I'll miss the player, but fuck off with the rest of the shit, a team atmosphere is a must for an organisation to move forward, obviously, he wasn't part of those plans.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

All we've heard is the innuendo - largely from Bernstein - that players wanted him gone 'buy his ticket'.

We've heard not one name attached to that. Not one. On the contrary, we see players expressing being bummed about him being gone - Long, Forte, Alshon, Bennett.

And no, Pace and Fox aren't dumb. If they wanted him gone for whatever reason, fine.

But I'm sick of the 'every player wanted him gone' narrative when there doesn't appear to be any evidence to support it.

Simply - I hate the bullshit of sports media dickbags who bring up innuendo, rumor and 'inside sources' to fill airtime and drive clicks, yet really don't have to back it up.

If every guy in the locker room hated Marshall, name them and we'll 'go from there'.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It doesn't, but it makes them posers and not actual hardcore fans as most of us are.

Then they want to join in conversations as if their opinions as a passive fan even fucking matters to us hardcore guys that eat and sleep Bears and/or football.

What does 'hardcore' mean and how do you define it?

There are guys who go to every Bears home game. You probably don't. Are those guys more 'hardcore' than you?

There are guys that go to Bears home games and dress like Ditka or Halas or Noah Jackson. There's also some random 90 year old lady who has been to 'every home Bears game since the Eisenhower administration' but never says a peep at the game. Is dress up Ditka more 'hardcore' than the old lady?

It's silly to give a shit about who is more 'hardcore' than anyone else. Sound fans have loud mouths. Some fans never say a word. Both are fans.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
All that because they traded Marshall? Did you turn them off last year?

I didn't turn them off, but it stopped being 'appointment TV'.

I've watched every single Bears game for the last 35 years.

I would always camp out in front of the TV at noon.

Last year, I found myself leveraging my DVR a lot more. Instead of spending Sundays from 12-3:30 in front of the TV, maybe I do other shit and watch it on the DVR Sunday night or something.

I also didn't freak out with the 'don't tell me what happened' shit.

I'll still watch every single game, but won't build my life around it...

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It was Hub who said that players would chip in for his ticket. I trust Hub when it comes to his sources in HH. Get over the Bernstein obsession dude, it's becoming creepy.

I'm not the one parroting what Bernstein says - that would be you.

Seriously though - what other evidence do you have of the 'buy him a ticket' from the PLAYERS? I see none. On the contrary, I see players expressing their sadness that he's gone.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wow, really tell me the last time a 5th round draft pick did anything for the Bears? WTF
Maybe let the new GM who hasn't drafted any of those former 5th round picks for the Bears actually draft the player before we make these kind of comments. Personally, imo, if an aging wide receiver who may or may not be a locker room cancer is turned into a 10 year starting center - I think Pace won the trade.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not the one parroting what Bernstein says - that would be you.

Seriously though - what other evidence do you have of the 'buy him a ticket' from the PLAYERS? I see none. On the contrary, I see players expressing their sadness that he's gone.

You can't help yourself from your endless assumptions and generalizations.

If I got what I said from Bernstein, I would say so. I didn't. I got it from Hub. Hub is the guy whose info inside HH I trust. If Bernstein trusts Hub and also reports his info, that had nothing to do with me. We already established this last week when I made a fool of you after you used the "southern people are all racist" example of a stupid stance Bernstein takes, and then saying how I agree with everything he says. The very first example you used proved you wrong. Now just a few days later, here you are repeating the same nonsense.

This is how your mind works - "Mick is a leftie, Bernstein is a leftie, he must parrot everything, derp".

You just can't help yourself.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Wuss lol

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyways im shocked people are still upset about this. It sucks but its part of the rebuild

Reactions: WCL