***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know when you heard that gurgley swirling water sound a few days ago. That was the 2015 season being flushed down the shitter. Right about then.
I have been hearing that sound all week, but seemed to me it was just the leftover floaters from the 2014 season.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
66 pages. I know BM was a fan favorite, but to get to 66 pages? Wow...

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
66 pages. I know BM was a fan favorite, but to get to 66 pages? Wow...

Yeah...lol! I expected some butt hurt over BM, but this exceeded all expectations. When I heard the other day, my reaction was pretty much...oh well, kind of inevitable after last season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have been hearing that sound all week, but seemed to me it was just the leftover floaters from the 2014 season.
They need an industrial plunger for that job or a honeydipper.

But really, I tend to be an optimist. As for Marshall, it will be hard to not see him just destroying db's or lead blocking on the outside for the Bears, but if there is any truth to him refusing to give up the Inside the NFL job at Pace/Fox's request then so be it. Just as it is his right to do it on his day off, if they felt it affected the other days of the week, I acquiesce to their decision as to what was the best move going forward.

All the bullshit about no one wanting him in the locker room has turned out to be just that bullshit. Even on an established team I think they keep him, but as new GM/Coach, your first move can't be to tell a star player that you think his extracurricular activity is affecting his on field play, ask him to stop, he refuses and you say, OK. So, it is understandable.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Anyways im shocked people are still upset about this. It sucks but its part of the rebuild

That's part of the problem. If getting rid of one of two good WR's you have without any real compensation and without a replacement is your #1 priority rebuild you may not know how to rebuild.
How did this method work out for McDaniels and Broncos?

You don't tear down to rebuild a team. You replace with better.
If your idea is to tear down to rebuild then you had damn sure get better compensation for your good players than a single 5th round pick.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
That's part of the problem. If getting rid of one of two good WR's you have without any real compensation and without a replacement is your #1 priority rebuild you may not know how to rebuild.
How did this method work out for McDaniels and Broncos?

You don't tear down to rebuild a team. You replace with better.
If your idea is to tear down to rebuild then you had damn sure get better compensation for your good players than a single 5th round pick.

Again, it was reported that Pace asked everyone in the Bears organization their opinion on Marshall and every single one of them told him that they did not want him here.

It was not a football decision. Whether you agree with it or not, deal with it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Again, it was reported that Pace asked everyone in the Bears organization their opinion on Marshall and every single one of them told him that they did not want him here.

Well this is a forum where we are all gathered to offer our opinions and since it was not a football decision I guess I'm free to offer mine and it's you who needs to deal with it.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Source? I would like to read that one.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how the fuck do people question BM's commitment to the team? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

We are talking about perhaps the best blocking WR in the nfl over the last 3 years. Fucking BLOCKING. A WR.

The guy that would not come out of the game last year even though he could barely walk. Dude that NEVER ducked a high throw no matter how many defenders had him lined up.

How dare you fucks question BM's commitment to the Bears and to football. And over what, running his mouth? Or being committed to causes outside football that had no impact on his play whatsoever?

Brandon Marshall proved his commitment where it counts, on the field. Dude bled for chicago. You people are going batshit insane with this nonsense.

I don't fully question his commitment over his career, but I question his commitment when he's being a bitch and staying in NY for his show, missing practices and blowing off a Packer week in order to do his publicity shit. I don;t question his passion before this past season.

AKA: BEFORE TRESTMAN BECAME MARSHALL AND CO.'S BITCH.

I promise not to tank a post from you again, but it's funny to know you actually look to see who thanks your posts. lol!

So you're saying that you have reading comprehension issues?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not remember ever being as conflicted about a player moving on from this team as I was about losing Brandon Marshall.

He was one of the most dynamic receivers to wear our uniform. The offense is worse without him.

That said...he did some real stupid shit on and off the field last season and if the new regime wants to focus on that...I do not blame them.

We asked for the reset button...here it is.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly Jamais. I am disappointed as hell that we had to lose BM, but this is the kind of shit we get for losing all the fucking time. Just gotta hope for the best now.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I do not remember ever being as conflicted about a player moving on from this team as I was about losing Brandon Marshall.

I do. Thomas Jones to keep Benson only to release him for nothing. Coincidentally to the Jets.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do. Thomas Jones to keep Benson only to release him for nothing. Coincidentally to the Jets.
No...I was not conflicted at all that day. That was total BS.

This sucks, but I get it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Boars and Bernstein. Others who listen will say the same thing. They only said it on their show a million times. I hate Dan but his sources are usually right.

Is this serious?!

You really think Pace asked every person if they liked BM and they said , no.
How would he do this, a Like/Don't like memo sent to every office and locker, personal sit downs with a , " So what's the deal with BM?" questions?

It's just hyperbole. It isn't hard to imagine some players didn't like him, maybe even most, but I would bet, of those, a large percent would want him on the field with them on Sunday, just not out for dinner afterwards.

Fuck, M Bennett just said the reason he came to Chicago was to play with and learn from Marshall. That ends that, " every single one of them told him that they did not want him here," as truth right there.

Reactions: Myk