Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
nm. I'm done.
Antrel Rolle, 32 - whatever. You say that, and hopefully edited because you realize, as if I've said that was a good idea. In either case, here is a better thought from a poster smarter than I:
Maybe, the guys in charge felt like the team was better off without him. Did that ever occur to you throughout all of the bleeding and whining you've done about this?
Maybe they just don't feel he is needed.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall will be 31.5 and up how many hip surgeries come August? Roberto Garza will be 36 in three weeks. de la Puente will be 30 soon, and maybe not a long term solution. Given that, I personally think finding a starting center for the next 10 years with your newly acquired 5th round pick would be a win for Pace.

No answer. Again, how do you replace that WR with near as good and get younger by next year?

Maybe, the guys in charge felt like the team was better off without him. Did that ever occur to you throughout all of the bleeding and whining you've done about this?

If you bothered reading all that bleeding and whining you would've seen I've mentioned that plenty. In fact that is the only possible plus I can come up with.
So either shut up or read before opening your trap.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you bothered reading all that bleeding and whining you would've seen I've mentioned that plenty. In fact that is the only possible plus I can come up with.
So either shut up or read before opening your trap.

You're bitching and complaining because "this don't make sense if they wanna win now :( I'm a sad!!!"

You just said that they may have done this move because they think it increases their ability to WIN NOW.

So what the fuck are you going on about? You're not that stupid.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Why do they need to replace his production next year?

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Oh dear, is this thread really still going?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You're bitching and complaining because "this don't make sense if they wanna win now :( I'm a sad!!!"

You just said that they may have done this move because they think it increases their ability to WIN NOW.

So what the fuck are you going on about? You're not that stupid.

Having one worthy starting WR gets that one WR double teamed.
Or are you prepared to believe Hester is a #1 WR because the team is too cheap to pay him to just be a returner?

I'm going on because this is a McDaniels type move. The only possible plus is something that should be able to be handled with coaching. As far as team cancers go there are a lot worse out there so if Marshall was that bad it would be obvious.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Why do they need to replace his production next year?

OK, so they came in and fill our heads with bullshit and instead of being competitive next year they actually meant they will destroy the team and we're going for a #1 pick next year?

I can believe that. I can even get behind that. But let me know so I can plan something for Sundays.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having one worthy starting WR gets that one WR double teamed.
Or are you prepared to believe Hester is a #1 WR because the team is too cheap to pay him to just be a returner?

I'm going on because this is a McDaniels type move. The only possible plus is something that should be able to be handled with coaching. As far as team cancers go there are a lot worse out there so if Marshall was that bad it would be obvious.

So you're no longer complaining about "They said they're gonna try to win this year, but they traded Marshall so they're liars!!!" That's what you were arguing just a second ago.

Now, it's "I believe that they're trying to win this year, but I don't like the way they're they're trying to do it!!!"

Stick to one.

If you go back and read what you've written in this thread, you sound like a raving fucking lunatic because you can't stick to one argument. As soon as some one backs you into a corner on one thing, you start babbling about something else. You're all over the place.

And you don't know whether this move makes the team better or not. You've never had a conversation with Marshall or with anyone who's had to deal with him professionally. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, so shut the fuck up and wait for it to play out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No answer. Again, how do you replace that WR with near as good and get younger by next year?
Well, this post is the first time you've asked me this question. You, and others, are doing an awful lot of assuming in this thread. For one, there is the draft that has some pretty damn good wide receivers in it. Signing McPhee might open up the possibility of an Amari Cooper at #7. We see other threads where Jay Cutler is being linked in trades, couldn't that possibly net you a wide receiver? Or how about the fact that you just acquired an asset with the 5th round pick, and possibly more assets in terms of draft picks with Cutler? Or how about free agency?

Either way, through all the whining, cunting, and bleeding in this thread are people under some impression that teams are only allowed 1 off season move? I swear 95% of you (I'm excluding botfly from this group) are only looking at this one move in a vacuum as if Pace is kicking up his feet and done with any other moves. Which brings me to the main point I've been trying to make throughout this entire thread....IT'S ONLY MARCH FUCKING 9.

Reactions: WCL

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So you're no longer complaining about "They said they're gonna try to win this year, but they traded Marshall so they're liars!!!" That's what you were arguing just a second ago.

Now, it's "I believe that they're trying to win this year, but I don't like the way they're they're trying to do it!!!"

Stick to one.

If you go back and read what you've written in this thread, you sound like a raving fucking lunatic because you can't stick to one argument. As soon as some one backs you into a corner on one thing, you start babbling about something else. You're all over the place.

And you don't know whether this move makes the team better or not. You've never had a conversation with Marshall or with anyone who's had to deal with him professionally. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, so shut the fuck up and wait for it to play out.

I thought the problem you had was I wasn't allowing for Marshall to be a locker room cancer. It's you who needs to stick to one.

Nobody has tried to back me into a corner, that would be you, but you can't stick to one topic to even make a good try at it.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
OK, so they came in and fill our heads with bullshit and instead of being competitive next year they actually meant they will destroy the team and we're going for a #1 pick next year?

I can believe that. I can even get behind that. But let me know so I can plan something for Sundays.

Who fucking cares what they said? They are doing what they think is in the best interests of the team long-term, which so happens to extend into the future longer than just next year.

I get it, you're upset because they traded one of your favorite players. Hell, it saddens me that he is gone a little bit as well. I am able to divorce that from my understanding that he wasn't going to be a part of this team moving forward and that every year they held on to him was a year that diminished his already frail value. Get over it he's gone and the team is moving in a new direction.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I said in a thread awhile ago that I was going to wait until after FA, the draft etc before I really have an opinion. But on the surface, I HATE getting rid of Marshall. I'm exiting now.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I said in a thread awhile ago that I was going to wait until after FA, the draft etc before I really have an opinion. But on the surface, I HATE getting rid of Marshall. I'm exiting now.

Clearly Pace and Fox want nothing to threaten putting their own stamp on this team and they believe Marshall would. No team would trade Marshall based on performance on the field.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well, this post is the first time you've asked me this question. You, and others, are doing an awful lot of assuming in this thread. For one, there is the draft that has some pretty damn good wide receivers in it. Signing McPhee might open up the possibility of an Amari Cooper at #7. We see other threads where Jay Cutler is being linked in trades, couldn't that possibly net you a wide receiver? Or how about the fact that you just acquired an asset with the 5th round pick, and possibly more assets in terms of draft picks with Cutler? Or how about free agency?

Either way, through all the whining, cunting, and bleeding in this thread are people under some impression that teams are only allowed 1 off season move? I swear 95% of you (I'm excluding botfly from this group) are only looking at this one move in a vacuum as if Pace is kicking up his feet and done with any other moves. Which brings me to the main point I've been trying to make throughout this entire thread....IT'S ONLY MARCH FUCKING 9.

Cutler for a WR leaves you without a QB and none available. More picks for Cutler isn't realistic. That's why most of the Cutler trade threads are BS only worthy of Madden. But I guess that lets us know where you're coming from. Since you're playing Madden why didn't you get us the #1 for Marshall?

Free agency shoots down the claims that 5th was worth it because you have to include cap hit.

I sure hope there are some more moves to be made.
But the draft doesn't fill the hole they created, so they lied, big deal. A better management move would've been to wait until you had the replacement drafted and tested in training, big deal.
FA is also no guarantee.

OK, so we have bad management who banks on wishes and can't trade for shit. Now we're getting into the big deal. This was not a smart football move.

And I have said I wasn't going to totally condemn them yet. Maybe it drags on because of you all trying to defend an obvious idiot move.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Who fucking cares what they said? They are doing what they think is in the best interests of the team long-term, which so happens to extend into the future longer than just next year.

I get it, you're upset because they traded one of your favorite players. Hell, it saddens me that he is gone a little bit as well. I am able to divorce that from my understanding that he wasn't going to be a part of this team moving forward and that every year they held on to him was a year that diminished his already frail value. Get over it he's gone and the team is moving in a new direction.

You obviously don't get it. I'd be all for trading Marshall or any other player as long as the trade had us coming out on the winning side.
Marshall for a 5th is not such a trade. He is impossible to replace with that.

They have made us a worse team.
At least on the face of things. It could be Marshall was a big enough cancer to warrant this trade, but I find that hard to believe or it would've been factually reported instead of relying on a few loud mouthed reporters.

Going back to not having a team WR threat is not a new direction. It's an old direction.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Cutler for a WR leaves you without a QB and none available. More picks for Cutler isn't realistic. That's why most of the Cutler trade threads are BS only worthy of Madden. But I guess that lets us know where you're coming from. Since you're playing Madden why didn't you get us the #1 for Marshall?

Free agency shoots down the claims that 5th was worth it because you have to include cap hit.

I sure hope there are some more moves to be made.
But the draft doesn't fill the hole they created, so they lied, big deal. A better management move would've been to wait until you had the replacement drafted and tested in training, big deal.
FA is also no guarantee.

OK, so we have bad management who banks on wishes and can't trade for shit. Now we're getting into the big deal. This was not a smart football move.

And I have said I wasn't going to totally condemn them yet. Maybe it drags on because of you all trying to defend an obvious idiot move.
Great, while I sit on the side of the 'let's see how this all pans out' crowd, you can live quite comfortably on the cunting side.

RIDGE

Liked Posts:
This was one of the top 10 dumbest moves the bears have ever made.....and as we all know...they have made some really stupid moves!! And anyone who defends this move will get the anger...in time!! I guess the 85 bears were all holding hands and singing kumbya. No locker room cancers there i bet. Ditka and buddy ryan were besties. Get the f**k outta here with that locker room cancer bs excuse!!! They got rid of an amazing player that no 3 million saved or 5th rd. Pick is gonna replace. Lost all faith in new staff even though it is only march 9th, and any other defense u want to come up with for the idiot move ill shoot down too!!

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Have we heard if BMarsh passed the physical? It was supposed to happen today, correct?

Last edited:

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was one of the top 10 dumbest moves the bears have ever made.....and as we all know...they have made some really stupid moves!! And anyone who defends this move will get the anger...in time!! I guess the 85 bears were all holding hands and singing kumbya. No locker room cancers there i bet. Ditka and buddy ryan were besties. Get the f**k outta here with that locker room cancer bs excuse!!! They got rid of an amazing player that no 3 million saved or 5th rd. Pick is gonna replace. Lost all faith in new staff even though it is only march 9th, and any other defense u want to come up with for the idiot move ill shoot down too!!

You tell 'em, RIDGE!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can hardly wait for your 5th post.