CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Whoever Robbie Gould or Lance Briggs says its is. Our "high powered offense" was at fault I guess. Lets get rid of its best player. Lot of blame to go around but getting rid of one of their few great players isn't accomplishing anything positive.

I don't understand why you keep mentioning Briggs, as he is no longer going to be around either.

Midnighthawk605

Liked Posts:
Wtf? i guess he shouldn't have been a troublemaker in the locker room.

Midnighthawk605

Liked Posts:
I have no hope for the Bears or Football. Why not get rid of Cutler? Oh yeah, thats right, NO TEAM WANTS HIM! So instead of just letting him go we will have him cry on the bench and blow all that money the Bears are throwing at him for the season.The sport has made such a huge turn for the worst. IM DONE!

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I have no hope for the Bears or Football. Why not get rid of Cutler? Oh yeah, thats right, NO TEAM WANTS HIM! So instead of just letting him go we will have him cry on the bench and blow all that money the Bears are throwing at him for the season.The sport has made such a huge turn for the worst. IM DONE!
So you have first hand knowledge that no team wants Cutler? Besides the here say and reports that writers drum up for clicks and reads?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not happy with this move, at all...but willing to give the org until like week 4 before I turn it off and reclaim my Sunday afternoons. They put a shit product on the field, I have no obligation to consume it. Maybe they will surprise me, but I got a feeling this season will be a fucking train wreck. Maybe 2016 will be watchable again.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Not happy with this move, at all...but willing to give the org until like week 4 before I turn it off and reclaim my Sunday afternoons. They put a shit product on the field, I have no obligation to consume it. Maybe they will surprise me, but I got a feeling this season will be a fucking train wreck. Maybe 2016 will be watchable again.

Agreed, the Marshall trade has tank and rebuild written all over it. It's going to be an ugly season for us.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also I think the concept of completely imploding in order to rebuild is sort of unnecessary in the modern NFL. But whatever. Enjoy your shit show, it's no guarantee next season or the one after will be any better.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

You think BM, with #6 at QB and a D that still needs 2 years of rebuild, is the difference between fielding a competitive team and not competing?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Also I think the concept of completely imploding in order to rebuild is sort of unnecessary in the modern NFL. But whatever. Enjoy your shit show, it's no guarantee next season or the one after will be any better.

Like you said, I'm hoping there's some kind of replacement plan they're already working on. It's not like Marshall had a ridiculous contract considering what he can do when healthy.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You think BM, with #6 at QB and a D that still needs 2 years of rebuild, is the difference between fielding a competitive team and not competing?
Didn't say that, but it does make us worse and I'm of the mind that you always try and put together the best roster possible to win games. Sorry, I don't prescribe to the thought process of burning down the house to build a new one in order to improve as some of you do. I expect the org to try and be as competitive as possible. Not taking steps backwards in the hope that you might take one forward a few years down the line.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didn't say that, but it does make us worse and I'm of the mind that you always try and put together the best roster possible to win games. Sorry, I don't prescribe to the thought process of burning down the house to build a new one in order to improve as some of you do. I expect the org to try and be as competitive as possible. Not taking steps backwards in the hope that you might take one forward a few years down the line.

Do you always try to win every argument? The nerve

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nothing that's happened has put the Bears back a few years. Brandon Marshall isn't the difference between winning and not.

We have just gone from a laughing stock regime to acquiring a young, highly touted GM and one of the most exciting coaching staffs in the league, and they want to build Chicago a football team. Why on Earth would you not be excited and not want to watch them do it?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm in prove it mode with them. We'll see.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Nothing that's happened has put the Bears back a few years. Brandon Marshall isn't the difference between winning and not.

We have just gone from a laughing stock regime to acquiring a young, highly touted GM and one of the most exciting coaching staffs in the league, and they want to build Chicago a football team. Why on Earth would you not be excited and not want to watch them do it?

Hopefully that's what they are doing. I'm not a fan of tanking and being intentionally shitty for a high draft pick next year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hopefully that's what they are doing. I'm not a fan of tanking and being intentionally shitty for a high draft pick next year.

I don't think that's their plan.

I think the sign of a good new coaching staff is how their second year compares to their first. The last two have been the perfect example. Under Lovie we won six more games and made the playoffs, going to the Superbowl the following year (after that Angelo drafted atrociously, unfortunately). Under Trestman they won three less and were an absolute mess both on and off the field.

I'm optimistic that the first few years of John Fox and Ryan Pace will be more like the Lovie trajectory than the Emery/Trestman one. Thus I'm excited and am going to give them the benefit of the doubt on personnel decisions for now.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm in agreement with you on this. When the Packers brought on Ted Thompson I was a little upset that he seemed hell bent on ripping the team apart. But he quickly put them back together. It was fun to watch.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, but we have plenty of shit players to get rid of. Getting rid of your good players just because you want to re-build is idiotic.

They aren't getting rid of their good players, they got rid of one good player that they didn't feel was going to be a good guy to have on the team (the same conclusion both his prior teams came to after three years having him).