***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
You're hoping Jeffery is that receiver or did he benefit from the guy we just traded? As crazy as he acted last season, on the field you knew what you were getting and he was all out and about winning. If we take a WR with #7 I'm probably going to smash something.

I was ok with taking a receiver at seven even with Marshall if they were BPA, especially considering we weren't exactly stacked at the position, but now receiver is a legit need. Pace said he wanted to use FA to create opportunities to go BPA is the draft...well, getting rid of players in order to create holes is one way to assure that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah. That guy sure doesn't know crap about catching the football or playing in the NFL. What has he ever done?

Yeah what does he know about being a wide receiver in the NFL?

It has nothing to do with knowing Marshall is a good WR. That's obvious. That doesn't mean Chris Carter is the voice of reason. In case you haven't noticed, most analysts on TV are former players....and some of them are just as dumb and unenlightened as many on this board. Using the logic of "He's a former player, so we should listen to him as gospel" doesn't hold water....and the ones who use it are the same ones who go on to discredit some other ex-professional when it suits their argument. The whole point is, if I want an intelligent, informed, logical, and unbiased opinion, Chris Carter is not the one I would turn to.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Pace will sign a couple crappy free agents and you all will find some reasoning to make yourselves believe they were brilliant moves and Pace is the best. Just wait. It wasn't long ago most people here were chanting, "Trestmans a genius." In fact I saw Bears fans all over the interwebs posting that.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
did the bears fan base rape you or something?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, if we are truly rebuilding, so what? for what it's worth, I didn't want them to get rid of marshall. I don't believe in fire sale rebuilds in the modern NFL.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
You sound like a Jags fan. There's a good chance there'll be 3 very good teams in the division next year. None of them the bears. Yes, teams in the NFL can rise quickly, but there's a point of critical mass, a kind of suckage a team doesn't easily come back from. Teams that suck for seemingly entire decades, even longer? That's not magical, or bad luck. It's because they sank so low, it becomes extremely difficult to dig out of.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
While I thought Marshall would get traded anyway, the bleek return makes it seem like they were desperate to get him out. I hope Pace/Fox know what they're doing, but I have faith they know a little more than our fanbase does.

That said; parlaying the savings into some young free agent signings, should help everyone forget the bad taste in their mouths.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
At this point I am dying for next week to come. Stressing out about what is going to happen is getting to be too much. I just want to know already what is actually going to happen (as in if Cutler, Forte, etc are going to be on the team and who it is that we are targeting in FA) so I can just get on with the coping process and deal with it.

Then I could happily make mock drafts until the real draft takes place.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Boyle tweets indicate that the distraction stuff was more accurate than I thought so I will admit that I was wrong about that with apologies to windy city. I do think a better coach could have controlled that though. I don't think marshall or anyone else respected trestman by the middle of the second season

No coach has controlled him to date. It probably can only be managed to a point. I find where he got traded to interesting. Sounds like he'll be able to keep his away gig without needing to get away.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@CSNBoyle: B-Marsh is a great WR, probably best to ever wear a Bears uniform.. But it was all about B.. 15 constantly cussed out coaches & (cont)

@CSNBoyle: Teammates when he didn't get the ball.. (And he usually was targeted heavily) B-Marsh stayed in NYC after loss to Jets & was not in Chicago

@CSNBoyle: The Thur & Friday before the GB game.. Bears were upset but covered for 15 on injury report.. 15 went out and had a horrible game vs GB

@CSNBoyle: Not running correct routes & then refused to talk to media after the game., bottom line.. If Bears were close to SB, you try and deal

Did I miss when the Bears lost to the Jets?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't care about a player being traded. I do care about coming out on the losing side of a trade. On the face of it Marshall for a 5th doesn't replace him so we come out on the losing end.
There had better be a lot of locker room problems cleaned up for this trade to work out in our favor.

Hope this isn't just a McD coming in to destroy a team and then getting fired.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
well, if we are truly rebuilding, so what? for what it's worth, I didn't want them to get rid of marshall. I don't believe in fire sale rebuilds in the modern NFL.

Wait a minute, didn't Pace and Fox said they came here to win championship? It's a joke to hire guys just to blow the team up. What a waste of Bears fan's time and money. All they had to do is band-aid this coming season, get in the playoffs next season, not rebuild. Neither Pace or Fox mention anything about rebuilding, winning now and championships is what I heard. Say goodbye to the guys we know, we'll be lucky to keep Kyle Long & Kyle Fuller.

xcutioner1977

Liked Posts:
I'm more pissed about this late round pick crap. He's still one of the best WR's in the league and he comes with a good salary so WTF is this late round pick crap. It should at the very least of been a 3rd.

because they were going to cut him if they coudnt trade him kudos to pace for getting something for a guy they were going to cut and his salary is nowhere near good 10 mil a year haha for a 31 yr old wr with back and hip problems plus he is a headcase a lot of u guys on here sound like the ppl that call the B@B show scary

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute, didn't Pace and Fox said they came here to win championship? It's a joke to hire guys just to blow the team up. What a waste of Bears fan's time and money. All they had to do is band-aid this coming season, get in the playoffs next season, not rebuild. Neither Pace or Fox mention anything about rebuilding, winning now and championships is what I heard. Say goodbye to the guys we know, we'll be lucky to keep Kyle Long & Kyle Fuller.

what do you want them to say? "we came here to rebuild"?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
what do you want them to say? "we came here to rebuild"?
OLE, If they rebuild, then something tells us they has absolutely no "solutions" or ideas of what they want to do with the team. You either fix it or replace it.